not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??

26 Apr 2020, 14:23

Single van driver who does mainly firms prep their own duty but are only taking half their delivery out because the firm's are shut. Doesn't have many packets to deliver.
Often finish 2 hours before their time.

Shared van driver now works on their own but still tasked to prep 2 duties,so it doesn't get done,and then have to deliver the full round plus a York and half of big packets.

Part-timer only gets a van when there is one available that's come back early in the yard so if they are lucky they may get one from 12.30. However,because their duty hasn't finished prep with mail and packets, they don't get out while later. Still have to do 6 loops and packets. Probably finish around 7-8pm.

There have been a few staff that wanted to work from home delivering mail but many have come back to work in the office because managers wanted them to work their day off unpaid! Now there are more staff working the mornings it's just like a normal working day.

Before anyone suggests ive not got a problem working my hours but just seems to me that there are a few getting away with murder as usual!! I feel for most of the newbies though,they are getting some of the grief while out delivering in the evening.

26 Apr 2020, 14:35

It's the title of the thread that's wrong.
If you're going in, taking your break and getting done on time your workload is fair.

Other than that the rest is just grass is greener background noise and not healthy to obsess about. Lots of people in life earn more than me for doing a lot less, some of them are sitting in the house doing nothing at the moment, I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it.

26 Apr 2020, 14:52

Most of the single van firms delivery drivers in my office have been put on to residential deliveries while one driver driver covering several firm duties delivering to the firms that are open

26 Apr 2020, 15:18

barcajr wrote:Most of the single van firms delivery drivers in my office have been put on to residential deliveries while one driver driver covering several firm duties delivering to the firms that are open

Our firms drivers have to deliver oversize parcels for the walks currently being done on foot to fill their hours up to duty time.

26 Apr 2020, 15:58

There is def a big difference in what people are expected to do - some people only prepping 1 frame and out the door by 9, others prepping 2 frames and told to take tracked out for another walk as well as their own walk. Some guys not having their days off for fear of what they will come back to.

26 Apr 2020, 16:28

postslippete wrote:Part-timer only gets a van when there is one available that's come back early in the yard so if they are lucky they may get one from 12.30. However,because their duty hasn't finished prep with mail and packets, they don't get out while later. Still have to do 6 loops and packets. Probably finish around 7-8pm.

I thought this was voluntary and not 'enforced' duty hours... or am I missing something in 'new starter' contracts which stipulate they can be 'forced' to work until 8pm in the evening? As a part-timer on 5.75hrsx5 days - if I were to do the late afternoon/evening delivery I would want to throw-out-tie-up my own walk on packets/parcels so I knew what was in the bags (and not trust that every letter was turned at the right place)....but that 45mins/1 hour 'bagging-up' would come at the expense of a 45min loop If I was aiming to get back on time... which at 7-8pm would certainly be desirable.

26 Apr 2020, 16:31

Nahhhhhh I just quote my contracted hours whenever this happens. Even if I don't have any plans to prevent me working over.

I'm not married so I'm always home by 2pm eating Coco Pops out of a baking bowl.

26 Apr 2020, 17:15

Take the important stuff pkts etc (their words) and do your hours . Meaning leaving mail / loops , diferent loops next day left . Just do your hours , guy in next frame finishing early who cares, dont stress .

26 Apr 2020, 17:21

I've been delivering 4 yorks of parcels plus mail for 400 residentials every day for the past 4 weeks. I think I'm going to drop dead. I'm on a rural so no such thing as loops

My whole office is on its knees, AL getting cancelled and being asked to work weeks off. Its tough

26 Apr 2020, 17:48

No.

Same people going home early everyday. Same people working all their hours everyday.

26 Apr 2020, 18:34

Munchboii wrote:I've been delivering 4 yorks of parcels plus mail for 400 residentials every day for the past 4 weeks. I think I'm going to drop dead. I'm on a rural so no such thing as loops

My whole office is on its knees, AL getting cancelled and being asked to work weeks off. Its tough

Why is your annual leave getting cancelled?

26 Apr 2020, 18:40

ihatedogs wrote:
Munchboii wrote:I've been delivering 4 yorks of parcels plus mail for 400 residentials every day for the past 4 weeks. I think I'm going to drop dead. I'm on a rural so no such thing as loops

My thoughts exactly we've been told your not allowed to cancel it or even move it they would rather fail walks then do that

26 Apr 2020, 18:46

ihatedogs wrote:

Also don't have to work your weeks off.

26 Apr 2020, 19:38

Woody Guthrie wrote:It's the title of the thread that's wrong.
If you're going in, taking your break and getting done on time your workload is fair.

Other than that the rest is just grass is greener background noise and not healthy to obsess about. Lots of people in life earn more than me for doing a lot less, some of them are sitting in the house doing nothing at the moment, I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it.

Why is the title of the thread wrong woody?? I do take my breaks and finish on time but I'm just querying why others have less workload and yet are finishing 2 hours early. For those on sick have probably got genuine reasons for not working.

Youre quite right I don't try to obsess over what others do but when I'm having to leave loops and/or packets and getting grief from management over it whilst I know some of the old guard are delivering half as much as me and we are all on same pay,yet they are finishing early,I think I've got a valid point.

Anyway,I'm going to bring it up with management this week because I know my union rep doesn't want to get bent out of shape over it.

26 Apr 2020, 19:52

Sounds like once again miss management at its finest!forced to this forced to do that,annual leave cancelled forced to work on your day off??? really??i think not,we really need to grow a pair and get a grip,we really don’t help ourselves on issues we just moan and put up with,stick to what’s right in office policies and procedures,that’s what there for,or is it just me?

26 Apr 2020, 20:58

ihatedogs wrote:

It's not getting cancelled so to speak but being postponed and being asked if we can have next week off instead of this week, ect. And working the week off for many new in service posties is a must if asked.. hard to say no when you're new in service

26 Apr 2020, 21:05

The fact that we're having to start at midday and finish around 8pm is a disgrace considering its for social distancing purposes...you're telling me that if I start at noon then I won't have anyone within 2 metres of me in the office?! I'll believe it when I see it

26 Apr 2020, 21:07

Munchboii wrote:
ihatedogs wrote:

It's not getting cancelled so to speak but being postponed and being asked if we can have next week off instead of this week, ect. And working the week off for many new in service posties is a must if asked.. hard to say no when you're new in service

Cancelled or postponed make your mind up altho i can promise i will always take my leave that i have booked off.why is it a must to work your week off if your new or 20 or 30 years done leave is leave ffs. Time off to rest the aching limbs. :thumbup

26 Apr 2020, 21:19

Who cares what your fellow workers do,
Do your hours then go home simples

26 Apr 2020, 22:12

Munchboii wrote:
ihatedogs wrote:

I appreciate the dilemma facing newbies but, even in these circumstances, surely the correct response is " I already have plans" or " my partner's off the same week". Plausible response to the gaffer, especially if they're asking you to change/cancel at short notice.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3