not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Closed shops letters

26 Apr 2020, 10:25

Got a couple of shops on round which are closed and have delivery points.Wot am i supposed to do with post.Asked our Ricos,one said kill it off the other said store it.Cwu rep(LOL)said to store it.Any ideas.I know the customer can have it payed to redirect or picked up.

Closed shops letters

26 Apr 2020, 10:30

Did you mean closed & no delivery points, if they have letterbox post them.

Closed shops letters

26 Apr 2020, 10:59

Store them the shops doing the right thing and shouldn't be penalised.

Closed shops letters

26 Apr 2020, 11:23

wallop wrote:Store them the shops doing the right thing and shouldn't be penalised.

Just store them in a box under your fitting, if a manager tells u to kill them of then do that.

Closed shops letters

26 Apr 2020, 11:39

Cheers,i have written on fitting closed and will be putting in grey box.

Closed shops letters

26 Apr 2020, 13:16

Hold it simple

Closed shops letters

26 Apr 2020, 17:10

wazer wrote:Got a couple of shops on round which are closed and have delivery points.Wot am i supposed to do with post.Asked our Ricos,one said kill it off the other said store it.Cwu rep(LOL)said to store it.Any ideas.I know the customer can have it payed to redirect or picked up.

Definitely store them, wazer. Retain them in the perstop boxes and keep them under your frame or wherever's convenient like you've already done. I have hundreds of shops, restaurants, cafés, hairdressers, and specialty stores like sweet vendors, drycleaners, and vaping retailers on my walk and I've currently got three boxes full of their letters retained until the green light has been given to end the lockdown. All these letters (and a few packets) are due to no letter boxes/slots at the customers' premises.

And wallop is right. The commercial outlets shouldn't be penalized because of the lockdown. Some of the shop owners are dropping in to our Customer Service Point early in the morning to collect when they assume they've got a few letters on hold; others are asking for their mail to be redirected to another address (usually their home one), but they need to complete a redirection form at their local post office.

So the manager who said to kill off the letters is another brainless prick. :crazy:

Closed shops letters

26 Apr 2020, 19:37

There are posties up our way who know the owners doing the unofficial redirection thing so it goes to their home address, I wouldn’t advise it myself though.

Closed shops letters

26 Apr 2020, 23:26

i was told by my manager to kill them off as there is no knowing how long this will go on for

Closed shops letters

27 Apr 2020, 17:41

I deliver to a school that is closed. I left the mail in the frame for nearly 2 weeks and was told they have now had long enough to organise a keepsafe. It is now being killed off. A tad harsh i think.

Closed shops letters

28 Apr 2020, 15:00

wookie wrote:I deliver to a school that is closed. I left the mail in the frame for nearly 2 weeks and was told they have now had long enough to organise a keepsafe. It is now being killed off. A tad harsh i think.

Keepsafe (£58 for 66 days), business-redirection (£216 for 3 months) and diversion (£1005 for 3 months) are all pretty expensive,
no wonder schools etc. are reluctant to pay for these services and just hope the local DO keeps their mail until they open again, although
apparently they can get a refund on any fraction of the service they don't use if/when things return to 'normal'.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1