not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Amended duties

23 Apr 2020, 12:11

It would appear my Dom is unable to find me any amended duties to facilitate my return to work. I work in a DO with 120 colleagues. I have been off for 6.5 months after getting cancer. I have had an operation which has cleared the cancer but has now caused an issue meaning that I am currently unable to fulfil my normal duties. I have been directed to OH assist and they have advised that amended duties are required. I am covered by the equality act due to the cancer. My doctor will give me a fit note advising my capabilities for amended duties. Can my Dom insist there are no amended duties and effectively lever me out the door as in 5 months time I will be on zero pay?
Last edited by robbogas1 on 23 Apr 2020, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

Amended duties

23 Apr 2020, 12:18

To be frank, asking this on a web forum is unlikely to get you a specific and definitive answer.

My strong advice would be to contact your local CWU Branch and speak to the Equalities officer. This will mean you have the CWU behind you and if needed legal representation. I would also suggest going to Citizens Advice as well.

Amended duties

23 Apr 2020, 12:32

How far away is your local MC?

Amended duties

23 Apr 2020, 12:38

HI SpacePhoenix, nearest MC would be about 40 minutes drive away, sadly that might be to far with heavy traffic for my issue. TrueBlueTerrier, i have contacted my local CWU rep and waiting for a response from him, I will contact the local branch to speak to the equalities officer though. Thanks.

Amended duties

23 Apr 2020, 19:43

Only if you let them get away with levering you out the door. :roll: You have the law on your side especially with any Cancer diagnosis.
They have to provide you with a reasonable adjustment, simply saying there are no duties you can do is a Royal Mail Managers trait that is endemic in this business.
I had to take them to an employment tribunal twice but would do it again in a heartbeat as I don't like bullshitters and bullys.

Amended duties

23 Apr 2020, 20:48

robbogas1 wrote:HI SpacePhoenix, nearest MC would be about 40 minutes drive away, sadly that might be to far with heavy traffic for my issue. TrueBlueTerrier, i have contacted my local CWU rep and waiting for a response from him, I will contact the local branch to speak to the equalities officer though. Thanks.

As a stopgap measure a temp shift to your mail centre.sounds like a good idea to me ? It is unlikely that road traffic will be busy for next two or three months as much of the population are following the government guidelines to "Stay at Home' ?

Good Luck :thumbup

Amended duties

23 Apr 2020, 21:12

General Mannerheim, Decky Boy, thank you both for your comments. Will be talking to my local rep and equalities officer tomorrow to discuss how to move forward with this. Will let you know how I get on going forward.

Amended duties

24 Apr 2020, 00:06

I'm under the impression they have to attempt to make reasonable adjustments. They can refuse if they have no scope for it. They can't do it without a reasonable excuse though.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1