not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Old folks homes

19 Apr 2020, 11:54

On my walk i hav a couple of carehomes.Recentlybeen getting parcel and double amountif letter.Iunderstand they need to keep in touch withfamily,as no vistors allowed.Should i deliver there.ive got to go through main entraces and place on table.im starting to feel a bit parnoid about going there due to theamont ofcases in care homes.Any advice.Spoke to manager andhe askedme to speak to the carhome manager!!!So i left all parcels/pist in fitting,writting on lockdown

Old folks homes

19 Apr 2020, 12:04

I'd deliver, the contact appears minimal so you are probably just as safe as if delivering to a residential address of a confirmed COVID-19 case.

Old folks homes

19 Apr 2020, 12:20

Leave outside the door in a grey box and ring the bell?

Old folks homes

19 Apr 2020, 15:29

I deliver to a large home by van. There are two sets of locked doors to stop those with dementia from gong missing. I just leave by door and wait in van.

Old folks homes

19 Apr 2020, 18:52

As previously mentioned: Most Care Homes have a Locked Door (to stop the inmates making a break fot it) .... Just Pile the Mail/Packets on the Doorstep and Ring the Bell. :thumbup

Should make life easier for you. I used to have to Deliver to one that wanted you to post the mail through all the individual letter boxes of 40 odd flats. Despite the fact they wouldn't give you the access code, and you had to buzz someone to let you in. Very Helpful. :cuppa

Old folks homes

19 Apr 2020, 19:28

Dorset Plodder wrote:As previously mentioned: Most Care Homes have a Locked Door (to stop the inmates making a break fot it) .... Just Pile the Mail/Packets on the Doorstep and Ring the Bell. :thumbup

Should make life easier for you. I used to have to Deliver to one that wanted you to post the mail through all the individual letter boxes of 40 odd flats. Despite the fact they wouldn't give you the access code, and you had to buzz someone to let you in. Very Helpful. :cuppa
care homes are different from retirement homes. You won't be able to deliver in care homes

Old folks homes

19 Apr 2020, 20:51

Dindin wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:As previously mentioned: Most Care Homes have a Locked Door (to stop the inmates making a break fot it) .... Just Pile the Mail/Packets on the Doorstep and Ring the Bell. :thumbup

care homes are different from retirement homes. You won't be able to deliver in care homes

:d'oh! Yep I recognise the subtle difference now .... I obviously delivered to some kind of Retirement Home ..... Points still valid about leaving it on the Doorstep of a CARE Home though. :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1