not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Withdrawing labour.

18 Apr 2020, 14:57

I'm considering withdrawing my labour until proper social distancing measures are put into place and enforced in my D.O. Either that or a later start time. Does anyone have a link to the H&S article? I think its clause 44 or something? Thanks.

Withdrawing labour.

18 Apr 2020, 15:07

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 6.#p891655

Withdrawing labour.

18 Apr 2020, 15:08

also https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 77#p894477 may help

Withdrawing labour.

18 Apr 2020, 16:34

hazzeem025 wrote:I'm considering withdrawing my labour until proper social distancing measures are put into place and enforced in my D.O. Either that or a later start time. Does anyone have a link to the H&S article? I think its clause 44 or something? Thanks.

You answered your own post, just start later or do you want to stay at home and get paid for it?

Withdrawing labour.

18 Apr 2020, 17:14

HA1 wrote:
hazzeem025 wrote:I'm considering withdrawing my labour until proper social distancing measures are put into place and enforced in my D.O. Either that or a later start time. Does anyone have a link to the H&S article? I think its clause 44 or something? Thanks.

You answered your own post, just start later or do you want to stay at home and get paid for it?

Change the tune, your boring me now.

Withdrawing labour.

18 Apr 2020, 18:45

Using section 44 with regards to social distancing is dangerous.

HSE and Royal Mail both follow Public Health England guidelines and that only requires an employer to implement social distancing where possible. If management are forcing members to work in close proximity you have a case but if it's physically impossible to implement or other members are simply ignoring instructions you're going to run into difficulties.

I'm not sure members fully understand the possible implications of unilaterally withdrawing their labour, unless you can clearly show an obvious and imminent threat the business can consider it a breach of contract. If an office sticks together over this it's one thing but hanging yourself out to dry on your own is a different matter.

Withdrawing labour.

18 Apr 2020, 18:47

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
HA1 wrote:You answered your own post, just start later or do you want to stay at home and get paid for it?

What in only 18 posts? Or this a pseudonym? :cuppa

Withdrawing labour.

18 Apr 2020, 18:51

Woody Guthrie wrote:
I'm not sure members fully understand the possible implications of unilaterally withdrawing their labour, unless you can clearly show an obvious and imminent threat the business can consider it a breach of contract. If an office sticks together over this it's one thing but hanging yourself out to dry on your own is a different matter.

I personally wouldn't feel very confident using section 44 to defend myself. :hmmmm Too much wriggle room for RM, and they are still trying to get rid of staff on any excuse. :cuppa

Withdrawing labour.

18 Apr 2020, 19:27

HA1 wrote:

No I'm just sick of working with a bunch of idiots who are for whatever reason incapable of following the social distancing guidelines.

Withdrawing labour.

18 Apr 2020, 19:40

hazzeem025 wrote:
HA1 wrote:

No I'm just sick of working with a bunch of idiots who are for whatever reason incapable of following the social distancing guidelines.

Had the same problem. Idiots right on top of you not giving you any room and then thinking you’re taking the piss when you confront them on it. Do what I did - move to later starts. Massive benefits including more relaxed atmosphere, not permanently tired and no dick heads around.

Withdrawing labour.

18 Apr 2020, 19:45

hazzeem025 wrote:
HA1 wrote:

Just ignore the troll mate.

Withdrawing labour.

18 Apr 2020, 21:17

GRS wrote:
hazzeem025 wrote:
HA1 wrote:

Had the same problem. Idiots right on top of you not giving you any room and then thinking you’re taking the piss when you confront them on it. Do what I did - move to later starts. Massive benefits including more relaxed atmosphere, not permanently tired and no dick heads around.

Yeah, it's looking like that's the route I'm going to take. Find some peoples attitude to this whole situation very puzzling. I've no problem going into work but I point blank refuse to work with people who won't and will not respect the social distancing guidelines. They are more concerned with getting out early and getting done early.

Withdrawing labour.

18 Apr 2020, 21:28

hazzeem025 wrote:They are more concerned with getting out early and getting done early.

If they are getting back early, does the DOM never send them back out with lapsing, have them throw of d2d, clean their van, etc?

Withdrawing labour.

18 Apr 2020, 22:27

I’m in the same situation mate. Getting fed up having to tell people to back off

Withdrawing labour.

19 Apr 2020, 01:27

The key-words in section 44 are 'serious and imminent threat'. Yet, the Government has assigned Coronavirus as a 'serious and imminent threat'.
However, how that's interpreted in practice would be circumstantial I believe. (I'm no lawyer by the way).
For example, asking a nurse/doctor to deal with a patient either knowingly or suspected to have Covid-19, would/could be deemed as a 'serious and imminent threat'.
A postie or other person within a confined environment, where practices have been shown to be taken to mitigate against the chance of infection. Well you have to ask yourself if that would stand in court.
Don't forget the Government's advice on social distancing is 'where practical'.
It all depends on your particular workplace. Have they implemented any PPE or social distancing measures? If not, then you may have a case.
The way I see it is if your workplace have implemented even a token gesture towards acknowledging the safety requirements, then a section 44 claim wouldn't stand.
As for other workers not adhering to the regulations...well you either tell them..or not.

Withdrawing labour.

19 Apr 2020, 10:16

Dorset Plodder wrote:
HA1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:You answered your own post, just start later or do you want to stay at home and get paid for it?

What in only 18 posts? Or this a pseudonym? :cuppa

Sock account of a persistent Troll. We try to give him a chance to repent and act as the community asks him to (by reporting him), but he keeps ignoring polite requests. I will keep giving him 2nd chances, but ultimately, when he crosses a line, he will be kicked back under the bridge he comes from.

Trolling isn't just disruptive, it's potentially dangerous to the continuance of the site if we don't tackle B&H. Which is why we ask members to attack arguments not the character of the arguee.

Withdrawing labour.

19 Apr 2020, 18:38

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Sock account of a persistent Troll.

Just had to Google "Sock Account" .... Well you learn something new every day. :cuppa

Withdrawing labour.

19 Apr 2020, 18:47

SpacePhoenix wrote:
hazzeem025 wrote:They are more concerned with getting out early and getting done early.

If they are getting back early, does the DOM never send them back out with lapsing, have them throw of d2d, clean their van, etc?

It's a rare occurance when DOMs give out more work to "Early Finishers" SP. Several reasons .... Firstly a lot of DOMs are never around after Midday to give out extra work :no no ...... and Secondly Most of them haven't got the balls to confront the "Early Finishers", and just let them sneak off home early rather than confront them, and possibly have to argue with them. :no no

It's much easier to just pile on extra work to the Quiet, Easy Going, individuals who don't like to argue, or moan, about every little thing. IMO it's just WEAK Management. :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1