not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

ignorant public

16 Apr 2020, 19:09

Some fat lump complaining his parcel is a day late!!!!!! Does he not know what's going on? We're at risk everyday while he sits on his arse ordering parcels. I've actually seen him a couple of times sunbathing on his front grass in front of everyone - looking like a beached whale!!!! Good to let off some steam on here!

ignorant public

16 Apr 2020, 19:14

Next time chuck a bucket of water over him and tell him you're helping him to stay cool.... :wave

ignorant public

16 Apr 2020, 19:18

postiepete2 wrote:Does he not know what's going on?

The fat lump is either oblivious or incredulous. I mean, 13,729 deaths in the UK now. Holy Moly. :shock: And again today, the United Kingdom had the second highest number of deaths in the world after the United States. 861 today. Look at Germany, with a higher population than the UK but only 63 deaths today. :Applause

No wonder the UK lockdown has been extended for three more weeks.

COVID-19 (April 16, 2020).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ignorant public

16 Apr 2020, 20:10

There are numerous factors in play as why there are still so many deaths being reported in the UK not least that we are weeks behind other countries that were infected before us. The government have done their best but have made mistakes such as ignoring offers from over 100 UK companies to manufacture PPE and opportunities to buy equipment with other European countries.

ignorant public

16 Apr 2020, 20:29

Celgar wrote:There are numerous factors in play as why there are still so many deaths being reported in the UK not least that we are weeks behind other countries that were infected before us. The government have done their best but have made mistakes such as ignoring offers from over 100 UK companies to manufacture PPE and opportunities to buy equipment with other European countries.

What equipment, I heard about the opportunity to buy ventilators from the EU, but at the end of the day we have not needed them. We have always had a significant excess of them.

ignorant public

16 Apr 2020, 20:46

PostmanBitesDog wrote:

The fat lump is either oblivious or incredulous. I mean, 13,729 deaths in the UK now. Holy Moly. :shock: And again today, the United Kingdom had the second highest number of deaths in the world after the United States. 861 today. Look at Germany, with a higher population than the UK but only 63 deaths today. :Applause

Rumour has it that Germany only put coronavirus on the death certificate if the patent didn't have any other health issue that contributed. Think thats why Chinas death toll seemed so low and perhaps why South Korea seem to of handled it so well

ignorant public

16 Apr 2020, 20:50

norris9 wrote:
Celgar wrote:There are numerous factors in play as why there are still so many deaths being reported in the UK not least that we are weeks behind other countries that were infected before us. The government have done their best but have made mistakes such as ignoring offers from over 100 UK companies to manufacture PPE and opportunities to buy equipment with other European countries.

What equipment, I heard about the opportunity to buy ventilators from the EU, but at the end of the day we have not needed them. We have always had a significant excess of them.

The equipment that all countries in the EU have to wait between 10 and 52 weeks to receive. Yes that would have been a great waste of money when we can get our own companies to make them and the first ones will be ready next week!

ignorant public

16 Apr 2020, 21:14

the UK and probably Italy figures look worse because theyre reporting it more honestly

ignorant public

16 Apr 2020, 21:18

paul1231 wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:

Rumour has it that Germany only put coronavirus on the death certificate if the patent didn't have any other health issue that contributed. Think thats why Chinas death toll seemed so low and perhaps why South Korea seem to of handled it so well

Not quite accurate, so it's a false rumor. Yes, China most likely, but not Germany. Check this out:

Bloomberg (April 16, 2020) - Meticulous and Orderly, Germany Can Handle a Pandemic

[...] The death rate was low at the start because the country was unusually fast in rolling out widespread testing. As a result, it captured the many infections in the asymptomatic and younger population, while other countries were still mainly testing the old and overtly sick. More confirmed cases expanded the denominator, and thus reduced the mortality rate.

Germany also benefited from its federal structure, and in particular the decentralized architecture of its health care system. In that sense, it’s the opposite of centralized France, and of federal but dysfunctional America. In January, a Berlin lab developed the first test kits, then promptly shared them with 84 other labs in Germany’s 16 federal states, which passed them on to local hospitals and clinics. Now everybody’s ramping up testing.

By reacting to the outbreak early, Germany also bought itself time to build on other “preexisting” strengths. Even before Covid-19 struck, it had far more beds in intensive care units than most other countries. It has been adding many more. So Germany still has spare capacity: About 10,000 of the more than 22,000 beds are free. This lets its hospitals save the lives of more of the patients coming in, and even take some from France and Italy.

And it's a cleaner country with no rats, rubbish, and fat slags polluting the environment like shyte ol' Britannia. :wink:

ignorant public

16 Apr 2020, 22:03

There's too many variables to simply claim we've failed, or been succesful or whatever. There's been no lockdown in Sweden, yet they have less deaths per million than us. Northern Ireland are coping remarkably well seemingly, despite more or less following the same route as we are. Belgium appear to be having some dreadful numbers coming in currently despite being in full lockdown. New Zealand have barely had any deaths. I suspect it boils down to population density and how many people you have moving in and out of the country as much as anything but they'd be 100's of individual factors. Thankfully, it appears we've peaked at least.

Back to the original point, it's annoying how many people are opening the door in my face :arrrghhh Just stay f**king back please!

ignorant public

16 Apr 2020, 22:26

Seymour Buts wrote:Thankfully, it appears we've peaked at least.

Not so fast. :no no

A few days ago it appeared the UK did level off. But today was a terrible figure; 861 deaths. So it looks like it'll be a while before the curve is flattened. We aren't seeing a positive trend yet, and one or two days won't be enough to measure a trend. Sadly, while there'll be a few drops in the daily numbers over the long term, the exponential death rate will continue to rise. :sad:

CV.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ignorant public

16 Apr 2020, 22:40

PostmanBitesDog wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:Thankfully, it appears we've peaked at least.

Not so fast. :no no

A few days ago it appeared the UK did level off. But today was a terrible figure; 861 deaths. So it looks like it'll be a while before the curve is flattened. So we aren't seeing a positive trend yet, and one or two days won't be enough to measure a trend. Sadly, while there'll be a few drops in the daily numbers over the long term, the exponential death rate will continue to rise.

I think we hit the peak. We are now at the point where Italy and Spain started dipping off. Maybe tomorrow or Saturday might top our worst day, but after that we should be dropping off.

Yes, we could have another wave after we come out of the lockdown which may peak higher than this first wave we are in currently.

ignorant public

16 Apr 2020, 22:45

Seymour Buts wrote:There's too many variables to simply claim we've failed, or been succesful or whatever. There's been no lockdown in Sweden, yet they have less deaths per million than us. Northern Ireland are coping remarkably well seemingly, despite more or less following the same route as we are. Belgium appear to be having some dreadful numbers coming in currently despite being in full lockdown. New Zealand have barely had any deaths. I suspect it boils down to population density and how many people you have moving in and out of the country as much as anything but they'd be 100's of individual factors. Thankfully, it appears we've peaked at least.

Back to the original point, it's annoying how many people are opening the door in my face :arrrghhh Just stay f**king back please!

It's impossible to speculate until the current pandemic is over and even then experts are suggesting that there might be further waves. Its my belief that Korea have low deaths because they knew exactly how to react,and they were very prepared because of the Sars outbreak just a few years beforehand. I suspect China might have had more than the 3,000 deaths claimed,but again,a lockdown in China seems to be a bit different than what it is in Britain. Germany is a bigger country than the UK in terms of population and geographical area,which may be important but Germany has done what WHO suggested and test,test and test!! Germany were testing 100,000 people 2 weeks ago; the UK hope to reach that by the end of this month. I've heard all the excuses from the government to not having the diagnostics or not having the chemicals - even though there was a UK company shipping testing kits abroad!! And the US are just as bad as us when it comes to pandemics. They have seen what happened in China,Italy,Europe and then the UK and then reacted.

We have now discovered there are infections in care homes were surprisingly there are a lot of elderly people in there - even though the experts have been telling everyone it's the older people that are more likely to die from co-vid19. That health minister bloke has been that preoccupied with his stupid 5 pillars (remind you of anyone?) and getting millions of PPE delivered to the NHS,he's totally forgotten about care workers that might be passing the virus on because they ain't been tested and surprise,suprise probably didn't have any PPE. It would appear that the generals in charge were that concerned about the NHS front line taking a battering that they have totally forgotten about the cavalry at the flanks. We could have prepared for this battle much better for sure,but enough doom and gloom for now. It's happened but we will win this battle. And watching Tom Moore,99,former army captain doing laps in his garden to raise money for charity brought tears to my eyes and made me proud to be British. He surely puts a lot of today's younger generation to absolute shame.

ignorant public

17 Apr 2020, 05:57

I'm doing my round in gloves and mask at all times. Too many customers are opening their doors just as I place their delivery on the doorstep. Consequently, I'm inches from them.... In their defence, I think most are just forgetting themselves in the excitement of receiving something. Also, I've been very lucky and had much support/goodwill/appreciation from them.
It's a double edged sword though. I seem to be delivering unimportant things such as paintings, water butts and what appears to be thick winter coats, which puts me in unnecessary further danger. Conversely though, the pointless crap people are buying, keeps me in a job.

ignorant public

17 Apr 2020, 06:10

I reckon the panic buying that we saw for the 2-3 weeks prior to lockdown has contributed a large part to our now high number of infections and deaths, all those crowds of shoppers doing the exact of opposite of the social distancing that then followed.

Apparently the panic buying was a uniquely British phenomena (no surprise really, given we're basically a nation of materialistic, mindless consumers) and there was no similar scenes across the rest of Europe.

Other countries weren't necessarily ''infected before us''... they just started monitoring and dealing with it before us.

As others have said each country has it's own methods of recording death figures, there's a difference between people who die with Coronavirus and those who die of Coronavirus.

I still say the only vaguely accurate way any country can assess the number of Coronavirus fatalities is to compare the annual overall death rate with the long term average.

ignorant public

17 Apr 2020, 09:08

wacko74 wrote:I reckon the panic buying that we saw for the 2-3 weeks prior to lockdown has contributed a large part to our now high number of infections and deaths, all those crowds of shoppers doing the exact of opposite of the social distancing that then followed...

I still say the only vaguely accurate way any country can assess the number of Coronavirus fatalities is to compare the annual overall death rate with the long term average.

I completely agree on both points.

I think that most of us now feel that, even with the distancing measures now in place, supermarkets are the riskiest environment for most in the country. The crowding during the panic buying phase was the perfect way for the virus to rapidly spread.

As far as statistics go, it is only when this is all over that we will be able to compare the excess deaths across countries. If we don't get a vaccine then those countries which have restricted the virus early on may actually be opening themselves up to even more deaths in the long term, both directly from the virus and from the economic impact.

ignorant public

17 Apr 2020, 09:43

Back to the public - walking to where I start my round at 9:10 someone's just said to me "you just finished" for Christ's sake!!!!!!

ignorant public

17 Apr 2020, 10:46

I can't get anyone to answer the door, young people are in bed all day, old people going for exercise/walking dog all day, people in back garden, and the ones who must think you are a bailiff and won't answer door even though I can clearly hear them, oh well card them it is then!

ignorant public

17 Apr 2020, 13:07

As for why the figures seem so bad in this country one reason could be that they continued to run the Cheltenham festival, that one event could have caused the spread of this virus so widely that it has a significant effect on the death toll now. Other events went on also, but many more were cancelled due to the obvious risk. The organisers of this event may have large numbers of deaths on their hands.
As for the original point, I have been fairly lucky, most people I find are really very good, and giving plenty of space and not answering doors prematurely. What I do get bothered with is neighbours stood in the pavement, sometimes in huge groups chatting to each other. I have to go out into the road to avoid them.

ignorant public

17 Apr 2020, 17:34

sorefeet17 wrote:I can't get anyone to answer the door, young people are in bed all day, old people going for exercise/walking dog all day, people in back garden, and the ones who must think you are a bailiff and won't answer door even though I can clearly hear them, oh well card them it is then!

I could not be carrying a pen with me these days. I write next to zero dockets.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2