not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Moving Holiday

15 Apr 2020, 13:30

Got some colleagues who want to move some leave,due to unable to travel etc,been told they can’t by the boss as it will impact on his plans to loan people out and lapse,is this correct? What’s the policy? Or is he just being predictively awkward in this currant climate,towards an efficient office,any thoughts?

Moving Holiday

15 Apr 2020, 14:48

Your manager can tell you when to take your holidays.
If everybody wanted to delay there holidays due to the current situation, how is that going to play out when restrictions are lifted? There won't be enough leave slots to accommodate everyone.
Getting sufficient rest is important to remain healthy. If people have got leave booked at the moment then they should take a well earned rest from the mayhem. It would be appropriate for a good manager to encourage that.

Moving Holiday

15 Apr 2020, 14:55

yup . my holiday for the next couple of weeks fell victim to the situation,asked if i could work one of the weeks and take the other later on. got told the same ,got to take them. other businesses seem to have the same policy. does make sense really. anyway,two weeks off the street might be quite handy just now.. stay safe all

Moving Holiday

15 Apr 2020, 15:40

The guys just asked politely if they could move some leave about as there were gaps that could be filled,not sure the boss can tell you when to have leave? Is that a typo? he just got a bit stressed and loud,that it may impact on his point scoring plans to lapse and loan out people,everything by the book is our man!,

Moving Holiday

15 Apr 2020, 15:45

I moved my April holiday to January without any problem

Moving Holiday

18 Apr 2020, 03:05

robbertwhitton wrote:The guys just asked politely if they could move some leave about as there were gaps that could be filled,not sure the boss can tell you when to have leave? Is that a typo? he just got a bit stressed and loud,that it may impact on his point scoring plans to lapse and loan out people,everything by the book is our man!,

This isn’t a typo. Royal Mail don’t even have to give you the choice of when you would like your annual leave. They can tell you when to take it. Check out the .gov.uk site or the citizens advice site.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1