not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Ocupational health

15 Apr 2020, 11:18

Im currently off with stress ,the boss phoned me yesterday and said they have refered me to ocupational health ,i am signed off for 6 weeks but probably will come back perhaps after a month because im feeling a bit better already.Whats the OH all about ?
Many thanks

Ocupational health

15 Apr 2020, 12:04

SillyBilly wrote:Im currently off with stress ,the boss phoned me yesterday and said they have refered me to ocupational health ,i am signed off for 6 weeks but probably will come back perhaps after a month because im feeling a bit better already.Whats the OH all about ?
Many thanks

When u are of for a certain period it’s done automatically that they get OH to ring u

Ocupational health

15 Apr 2020, 12:11

In theory they assess your health needs, and advise you and your managers on how best to deal with it (adjusting duties etc)

However in my experience they are worse than useless.

Their job seems to be to force you to work before you're ready. Your experience might be better, hopefully.

Ocupational health

20 Apr 2020, 16:04

As long as it’s not ‘ work related stress’ OH assist cannot force you back to work. Make sure your fit notes do not state ‘ work related stress’ .

Ocupational health

21 Apr 2020, 12:34

Sick note states stress at home , i am feeling a bit better than i was , if i was booked off with a sick note that was more than a month could i come back to work before its finish ? say after a month ? or have i got to go the full distance of the note .would i have to see the doctor again?

Ocupational health

21 Apr 2020, 16:50

Ive been under OH advisor for over 3 montgs on weelky phone calls.Got to admit the support has been great.This is realeted to stress ( not work).Give them a try

Ocupational health

26 Apr 2020, 00:40

SillyBilly wrote:Sick note states stress at home , i am feeling a bit better than i was , if i was booked off with a sick note that was more than a month could i come back to work before its finish ? say after a month ? or have i got to go the full distance of the note .would i have to see the doctor again?

You can return to work whenever you want. Does your sick note specify a doctors assessment before you return? Just remember if you are off longer than 10 or 14 days cant remember which its an automatic stage 1 warning. So 2 weeks or 2 months off is the same warning. My advice see the duration of the fit note out dont return until you are 100% ready to.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1