not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Sunday Bank Holiday?

14 Apr 2020, 18:06

Hi all, just a quick question. I'm a part timer on a 25 hour contract, 5 days a week including sundays. Last week I was told to take tuesday off which I did and had good friday off and easter sunday off. My question is, am I owed a extra rest day next week? As both friday and sunday were working days acording to my contract and I only had one rest day in the week (tues)? I've spoken to my DOM and acording to him my second rest day was on sunday and easter sunday doesn't count as bank holiday so it was just a normal restday. Am I being shafted out of a rest day next week? :mad

Sunday Bank Holiday?

14 Apr 2020, 19:48

Sunday was not a Bank Holiday, Monday is the Bank holiday

Sunday Bank Holiday?

14 Apr 2020, 20:39

If you are a postie, your contract is 5 days Monday to Saturday, not Sunday.
We don`t deliver on Sunday`s, that`s your day off plus another one during the week.

We had Good Friday bank holiday and Easter Monday for wich we are paid.

Have a read here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/royal-m ... glance.php

Also you can find lots of useful information on this forum.

Sunday Bank Holiday?

14 Apr 2020, 20:42

Does the bank holiday yesterday count as a rest day as I’ve noticed I’m down on the rota to work through to Saturday even though I’m on a 5 day week contract?

Sunday Bank Holiday?

14 Apr 2020, 20:55

The BH can be your rest day. In that case, if another day can't be sorted in the week to substitute (most likely): you'll either be paid the BH as extra (most likely), or be given another day holiday to book. Ask your manager which it is.

Sunday Bank Holiday?

14 Apr 2020, 21:09

Hi all, thanks for the replies. My contract does in fact state Sundays as part of my 25 hours a week as I work in the enquiries office from 10:00 till 3:00. Its not just me, there're three other part timers with this contract and we all take turns working Sundays with two rest days in the week. With this information my question still stands. From my understanding Easter Sunday is sort of like Christmas day and thus if a rest day falls on it I might be able to claim a extra day or O/T wages. Unless I'm wrong :d'oh!

Sunday Bank Holiday?

14 Apr 2020, 21:47

Christmas day is a public holiday Easter Sunday is not

Sunday Bank Holiday?

14 Apr 2020, 22:47

Janet Brum wrote:If you are a postie, your contract is 5 days Monday to Saturday, not Sunday.
We don`t deliver on Sunday`s, that`s your day off plus another one during the week.

We had Good Friday bank holiday and Easter Monday for wich we are paid.

Have a read here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/royal-m ... glance.php

Also you can find lots of useful information on this forum.

Are mc workers not classed as posties :hmmmm.. lots of them work fri sat sun or sat sun mon in mc i work in..

Sunday Bank Holiday?

15 Apr 2020, 22:05

If you go on delivery inside a Mc then yes, you are classed as a postie :crazy:

Sunday Bank Holiday?

16 Apr 2020, 17:05

Janet Brum wrote:If you go on delivery inside a Mc then yes, you are classed as a postie :crazy:

Most MC's don't have DO's in the same building nowadays. They have moved delivery staff out into separate buildings as MC's need more floor space for parcels.

Sunday Bank Holiday?

16 Apr 2020, 21:09

Tomato, tomatoe :shock:

Sunday Bank Holiday?

16 Apr 2020, 21:17

Jamesfr3man wrote:Hi all, thanks for the replies. My contract does in fact state Sundays as part of my 25 hours a week as I work in the enquiries office from 10:00 till 3:00. Its not just me, there're three other part timers with this contract and we all take turns working Sundays with two rest days in the week. With this information my question still stands. From my understanding Easter Sunday is sort of like Christmas day and thus if a rest day falls on it I might be able to claim a extra day or O/T wages. Unless I'm wrong :d'oh!

you are entitled to an extra rest day for the bank holiday monday. Whether you tend to work this day or not regularly matters not your typical weekly hours should be down by 1 day for that week. So anything worked above 20 hours is overtime.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1