not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Changing hours due to Bank Holiday

14 Apr 2020, 06:11

Does anyone know if this is either commonplace in other offices or whether there is an agreement etc that covers it?

Monday 13th April was a bank holiday. As a result, managers at our place tell us that on Tuesday, we are on Wednesdays hours, and on Wednesday, we are on Tuesdays hours.

People go along with it but for some people, this means extending their Tuesday by an hour and a half.

Where do we stand?

Thanks

14 Apr 2020, 11:49

LaggyBand wrote:Does anyone know if this is either commonplace in other offices or whether there is an agreement etc that covers it?

Monday 13th April was a bank holiday. As a result, managers at our place tell us that on Tuesday, we are on Wednesdays hours, and on Wednesday, we are on Tuesdays hours.

People go along with it but for some people, this means extending their Tuesday by an hour and a half.

Where do we stand?

Thanks

Yes, we do this but slightly differently. On the Tuesday we do Monday hours, Tuesdays hours are ignored, and the rest of the week we do our normal hours.
OT is paid if needed for Tuesday.

14 Apr 2020, 12:09

No chance. If like us you are on a rotation of longs and shorts your hours will be averaged over however many set of weeks that rotation runs for. For us that is 4 weeks. Doing what they suggest would be fine if it was only a swap of Tuesday and Wednesday and you are in both of those days but if you are off one of those days then that doesn't work. It definitely does not work by swapping Monday for Tuesday.

14 Apr 2020, 12:14

But can they force it for those that would need to work an extra hour or so on the Tuesday?

14 Apr 2020, 12:38

LaggyBand wrote:But can they force it for those that would need to work an extra hour or so on the Tuesday?

They cant force you to work overtime.

14 Apr 2020, 13:22

Ren Hoëk wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:But can they force it for those that would need to work an extra hour or so on the Tuesday?

Yes, but if they say they’re changing your Tuesday and Wednesday hours around because of a bank holiday, and you don’t consent, can they force it?

14 Apr 2020, 14:34

LaggyBand wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:

Yes, but if they say they’re changing your Tuesday and Wednesday hours around because of a bank holiday, and you don’t consent, can they force it?

Yes, But only if it doesn't take you over your contracted hours. For this to be the case you would have to be rota'd in for both of those days for it not to have an impact. They'd also have to give reasonable notice.

14 Apr 2020, 15:25

Oops, just done my normal Tuesday hours

14 Apr 2020, 16:49

Now let us supose that Tuesday is your day off, will the extra hour be credited to you ?

I think not. But they will be if you insist. This was a fiasco the last time they tried it at ours, it dosen't happen anymore. Keep an eye on the actual hours you work during the week. Trust me they will forget about doing again.

15 Apr 2020, 07:21

Rota’d in for both days, and reasonable notice - I’m going with that.

Both of those save me this time.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1