not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 11:56

Apparently there was a massive failure over the weekend.
4,800 yorks of packets. from a share chat forum,not sure how true it is ,but wouldn't surprise me with the management team weve got.

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 12:04

Considering there's about 20% of staff off, an unwillingness to pay OT, walk failures everywhere and the public buying stuff like it's Christmas. Is it really any surprise?

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 12:09

stodgy88 wrote:Apparently there was a massive failure over the weekend.
4,800 yorks of packets. from a share chat forum,not sure how true it is ,but wouldn't surprise me with the management team weve got.

Assuming that's the total for all MCs (think there's about 30 now) that's about 160 failed yorks each. Just wait until all the stuff ordered over the Sunday and Monday enters the system on Tuesday :crazy:

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 12:22

SpacePhoenix wrote:

Assuming that's the total for all MCs (think there's about 30 now) that's about 160 failed yorks each. Just wait until all the stuff ordered over the Sunday and Monday enters the system on Tuesday :crazy:

It’s just NDC

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 12:43

Too many parcels, not enough people to sort them and the system can't cope with the demand. All plays into the hands of our CEO.

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 12:45

Why is the fault of management, what a stupid comment. Are you blaming Royal mail management for colvid-19. Another pointless post.

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 13:00

no ,blaming management that we are still working,cant go anywhere near my grandkids,but its ok to go and mingle with dozens of postal workers ,ok no ones forcing me ,but like thousands of others the financial impact rightly or wrongly comes into the equation,plus in my office no option in place for people that are ok with working to move holiday,and been forced to take them, suppose that's not management fault either .

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 13:06

I just googled for the time taken for a container ship to travel to the UK from China, it come up with 35-40 days. I don't how much of the stuff from China normally goes via air but if that % is high then could there be a massive load of stuff from China about to enter the UK soon?

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 13:11

who gives a flying fook whats left and whats stacking up we might in 3 months time but not at this moment royal mail need to back off putting any pressure on there workforce

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 13:27

Strange that Ward and Pillinger have gone on the missing list, used to get an update every other day

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 13:55

1st class and dated letters / flats only, packets and parcels. Roll everything else till we catch up.

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 14:22

stodgy88 wrote:no ,blaming management that we are still working,cant go anywhere near my grandkids,but its ok to go and mingle with dozens of postal workers ,ok no ones forcing me ,but like thousands of others the financial impact rightly or wrongly comes into the equation,plus in my office no option in place for people that are ok with working to move holiday,and been forced to take them, suppose that's not management fault either .

You still wouldn't be able to see your grand kids even if you weren't working. Come on read your post before you make it.

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 15:08

HA1 wrote:

Why is the fault of management, what a stupid comment. Are you blaming Royal mail management for colvid-19? Another pointless post.

Contingency planning certainly falls with the purview of senior management, as does fast and effective communication with everyone. Not saying I expect perfection but at the moment they are leaving the decisions to DOMs and Line Managers and APPEAR to be doing nothing to mitigate or reduce the level of traffic.

Also, I am not blaming them for Covid19, but all of us the Government, Royal Mail management, and the CWU saw what was happening in China (and the Government even ran a Pandemic exercise a few years ago which accurately forecast what is happening now) so why shouldn't we have expected some pre-planning ahead of time.

That could be read if you follow conspiracy theories their plan all along, or among the more pragmatic, that they may indeed be putting profit ahead of legitimate concerns and stress on the ground.

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 15:37

Do RM even have the authority to reduce what they accept? I would have though that it'd be down to OFCOM

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 15:55

I wouldn't pay much attention to anything you read on a share chat forum (let me guess LSE?)

They're just full people with their own agendas to talk up/down a business and it's share price.

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 16:01

SpacePhoenix wrote:Do RM even have the authority to reduce what they accept? I would have though that it'd be down to OFCOM

That was not my suggestion. Mitigating could be encouraging the public to only order essential items for a certain time period, marking the outside of certain packets such as medical supplies to enable them to be prioritised, allowing D2D companies to cancel with no financial costs if done so within an agreed timescale. advising internet companies that there are severe delays so they can warn sellers and buyers.

All simple stuff.

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 16:07

SpacePhoenix wrote:I just googled for the time taken for a container ship to travel to the UK from China, it come up with 35-40 days. I don't how much of the stuff from China normally goes via air but if that % is high then could there be a massive load of stuff from China about to enter the UK soon?

I would have thought so, hardly see any Chinese stuff at the moment. It will all hit again once.

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 16:14

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:Do RM even have the authority to reduce what they accept? I would have though that it'd be down to OFCOM

That was not my suggestion. Mitigating could be encouraging the public to only order essential items for a certain time period, marking the outside of certain packets such as medical supplies to enable them to be prioritised, allowing D2D companies to cancel with no financial costs if done so within an agreed timescale. advising internet companies that there are severe delays so they can warn sellers and buyers.

All simple stuff.

Are DO still receiving D2Ds to be delivered this week and onwards??
Last week in our office we only had the Boris virus letter D2D letter to deliver.
Not thinking in terms of any virus transmission risk but more in terms of prep time when we barely have enough time to do the main function of the job.

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 16:14

HA1 wrote:
stodgy88 wrote:no ,blaming management that we are still working,cant go anywhere near my grandkids,but its ok to go and mingle with dozens of postal workers ,ok no ones forcing me ,but like thousands of others the financial impact rightly or wrongly comes into the equation,plus in my office no option in place for people that are ok with working to move holiday,and been forced to take them, suppose that's not management fault either .

You still wouldn't be able to see your grand kids even if you weren't working. Come on read your post before you make it.

Starting new sock account won't work you are getting so easy to spot.

Each new account (4 at the moment IIRC) you start off okay, but then can't help yourself and purposely aggravate other posters by attacking them in a personal way. Well if you keep using sock accounts and keep progressing in the same way, we will keep banning and deleting your accounts.

Now please act like an adult and debate the ideas, not attack the posters - or prove your just a troll and keep on doing what you are. If you do keep trolling I'll just keep on dealing with you.

massive failure .

13 Apr 2020, 16:15

Celgar wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:

All simple stuff.

Are DO still receiving D2Ds to be delivered this week and onwards??
Last week in our office we only had the Boris virus letter D2D letter to deliver.
Not thinking in terms of any virus transmission risk but more in terms of prep time when we barely have enough time to do the main function of the job.

Yes - we got farmfoods this week - at least they are open I suppose.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2