not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Unfilled walks/ contract hours

13 Apr 2020, 10:29

Hi, just need some advice. Office has 23 duty's, 5 of these duty's are vacant and have been for last couple of years. After loads of complaints the area rep and dom agreed to advertise them and increase the contracted hour's of 3 part timer's, this was Nov last year. Since then nothing has happened, blame being passed around and the usual pissing in the wind scenario. Greviance on the matter ignored. Is it worth seeing an employment law solicitor to look at the situation.

13 Apr 2020, 11:19

Not at the moment, lets just see if we survive /have a job after the current issues.

13 Apr 2020, 16:05

colinthetrader wrote:Hi, just need some advice. Office has 23 duty's, 5 of these duty's are vacant and have been for last couple of years. After loads of complaints the area rep and dom agreed to advertise them and increase the contracted hour's of 3 part timer's, this was Nov last year. Since then nothing has happened, blame being passed around and the usual pissing in the wind scenario. Greviance on the matter ignored. Is it worth seeing an employment law solicitor to look at the situation.

I believe that Royal Mail are no longer increasing anyones contracted hours, this could be on an area basis but i've been told it's nationwide

13 Apr 2020, 16:18

A2B wrote:
colinthetrader wrote:Hi, just need some advice. Office has 23 duty's, 5 of these duty's are vacant and have been for last couple of years. After loads of complaints the area rep and dom agreed to advertise them and increase the contracted hour's of 3 part timer's, this was Nov last year. Since then nothing has happened, blame being passed around and the usual pissing in the wind scenario. Greviance on the matter ignored. Is it worth seeing an employment law solicitor to look at the situation.

I believe that Royal Mail are no longer increasing anyones contracted hours, this could be on an area basis but i've been told it's nationwide

Would be in line with their current policy of not replacing any staff that leave or transfer out and not hiring any more vans to cover for cancellation of van sharing. Meanwhile other key worker employers are actively employing more staff to get the job done etc.

13 Apr 2020, 16:21

A2B wrote:

I’ve just been made up to full time from reserve 25 hours

13 Apr 2020, 16:28

Congratulations, as i say we've been told it's company policy ;liar but you have proved otherwise

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1