not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Un interested manager

11 Apr 2020, 10:53

We all know rm managers are useless and would probably would never get a job anywhere else as a manager. But I feel the action of our manager since the virus has begun has just shown how crap they really are and that they haven't a clue how to manage. Are there any over offices where the manager is like ours and just sits in the office all morning on their phone and not seeing what is going on and just letting people argue and try to organize the office themselves. The only time our one comes out is to shout don't forget your lapsing

Un interested manager

11 Apr 2020, 11:36

Maybe he's self isolating in office ???

Un interested manager

11 Apr 2020, 12:02

It’s called burying your head in the sand.

Un interested manager

11 Apr 2020, 12:19

Ours is too bad. He's been working with our Union Rep to ensure the Office is set up for Social Distancing, which I believe is pretty good. We even had to move an entire Row of Frames to make sure they were far enough apart.....And BIG Brownie Point .... He's still around after 1400, when most other DOMs are out on the Golf Course :thumbup

Sometimes I think we expect too much from our Managers. :hmmmm TBH most of them are just Lazy Buggers that take the money and try to get away with doing as little as possible. Human Nature you might say? What really gets me going are the ones that go out of their way to ensure THEY get THEIR Bonuses by basically dumping on the workforce.... Bullying them into working for nothing .... or not correctly paying overtime. :no no

Do you really thing we're going to get Top Notch managers working in this Business? :hmmmm The type of person that could step up and make important decisions, in a timely, pro-active way........ then implement them and motivate their staff, while effectively coaching... (and if necessary discipling repeat breaches of procedure)... If they could do all that they'd doing a much more important job for better pay! Our Managers are basically just "Watchers" that's all .... very little Pro-Active Effective Management at all. :cuppa

Un interested manager

11 Apr 2020, 16:45

Sputters2017 wrote:We all know rm managers are useless and would probably would never get a job anywhere else as a manager. But I feel the action of our manager since the virus has begun has just shown how crap they really are and that they haven't a clue how to manage. Are there any over offices where the manager is like ours and just sits in the office all morning on their phone and not seeing what is going on and just letting people argue and try to organize the office themselves. The only time our one comes out is to shout don't forget your lapsing

Yes!

Un interested manager

11 Apr 2020, 17:42

Often it's a case of "where's Wally" I'm sure our manager can be spotted somewhere in his stripey shirt and glasses

Un interested manager

11 Apr 2020, 17:56

Yep pretty much the same in our office in the 30 minutes he spends with us,before going to his other unit,am greeted in the morning with a hello,and watch him furiously be scanning tracked items in order to “get us out”!! Good to see him making use of his grade by doing this work,am polite to him but can’t engage in any work related issues he has,they must have there brief and stick to the script from above on loaning,lapsing,budgets and targets and no overtime is the name of the game to point score to those above,very sad state of affairs I have to say,office banter has all but gone,in a beaten office far to conscientious for our own good!!

Un interested manager

11 Apr 2020, 18:02

I get the impression that they all think they are immune.

Un interested manager

11 Apr 2020, 18:11

Our manager is a different class. He took it on himself and a couple of postmen ( on overtime) to remove frames and reposition others so we could at least have an effort at distancing. We also have arrows on floor so we walk one way. Takes all the specials to each postman so no crowding around den.Failed a load of smaller packets to take pressure of us and let us concentrate on the tracked.

Un interested manager

11 Apr 2020, 18:25

our gaffer has refused a lad more time off for the virus. his brothers fiance was showing symptoms over a fortnight ago so he was told he could have the ''required'' 14 days. on his return his brother was then showing symptoms and was laid up in bed. but the gaffer was insistent quoting he had already had his 14 days. now the lads mother and father are ill. he could STILL become ill himself and get it. in the meantime he is at work wandering around the office. the potential is there for the whole office to go down with this f***ing crap. the DOM was heard saying to him, you will be alright, you won't get it!! ffs!! :shock:

Un interested manager

11 Apr 2020, 20:41

daveyeff wrote:our gaffer has refused a lad more time off for the virus. his brothers fiance was showing symptoms over a fortnight ago so he was told he could have the ''required'' 14 days. on his return his brother was then showing symptoms and was laid up in bed. but the gaffer was insistent quoting he had already had his 14 days. now the lads mother and father are ill. he could STILL become ill himself and get it. in the meantime he is at work wandering around the office. the potential is there for the whole office to go down with this f***ing crap. the DOM was heard saying to him, you will be alright, you won't get it!! ffs!! :shock:

Do you think he should have 42 days off, playing the system

Un interested manager

11 Apr 2020, 22:27

And remember they got a pay rise and a bonus for failure before all this kicked off. Our bonus better be good.

Un interested manager

11 Apr 2020, 23:11

Stormproof wrote:I get the impression that they all think they are immune.

And covered in Teflon

Un interested manager

12 Apr 2020, 00:14

blue1873 wrote:
Stormproof wrote:I get the impression that they all think they are immune.

And covered in Teflon

Teflon DOM

Un interested manager

12 Apr 2020, 02:05

chickenwittle wrote:It’s called burying your head in the sand.

Do they have Sand in your office? More like he shoved his head up his Arse!

Un interested manager

12 Apr 2020, 10:29

grchpo wrote:
daveyeff wrote:our gaffer has refused a lad more time off for the virus. his brothers fiance was showing symptoms over a fortnight ago so he was told he could have the ''required'' 14 days. on his return his brother was then showing symptoms and was laid up in bed. but the gaffer was insistent quoting he had already had his 14 days. now the lads mother and father are ill. he could STILL become ill himself and get it. in the meantime he is at work wandering around the office. the potential is there for the whole office to go down with this f***ing crap. the DOM was heard saying to him, you will be alright, you won't get it!! ffs!! :shock:

If i worked in his office i would rather he had 42 days off rather than expose me and others to a deadly virus you also dont know hes playing the system

Un interested manager

12 Apr 2020, 11:45

antcpfc wrote:Our manager is a different class. He took it on himself and a couple of postmen ( on overtime) to remove frames and reposition others so we could at least have an effort at distancing. We also have arrows on floor so we walk one way. Takes all the specials to each postman so no crowding around den.Failed a load of smaller packets to take pressure of us and let us concentrate on the tracked.

There is some good ones around, just not many. Hope you keep this manager they usually move them on if there any good.

Un interested manager

12 Apr 2020, 11:56

grchpo wrote:

for all i care he can have ''142'' days off, as long as he's not at graft spreading it around.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1