not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Everybodys calling for a strike but....

09 Apr 2020, 21:25

I'm sure someone with a better knowledge of strike laws than me will correct me if I am wrong and I will be happy to stand corrected but I think you can only strike for what you balloted for. In other words we can only strike for the four pillars agreement, we cannot use our strike mandate to strike on the grounds of coronavirus or anything else.

09 Apr 2020, 21:36

That is correct, I do not understand why people keep saying we should strike over coronavirus or conditions, If you feel unsafe at work, you do not have to work. You won't get paid but somethings, like your health are worth far more than money.

09 Apr 2020, 23:13

We were asked to vote for strike action by the CWU over the 4 pillars ( 2rd time in just over 2 years )....... CWU still sat on their hands as they feel it would be bad publicity to strike during Pandemic. Loads of bluster and diversion tactics by union, fact is they don't want to be seen as the bad guys.... RM see it as weakness, expect another ballot late summer - by then most people would rightly just say 'F Off' :arrrghhh

10 Apr 2020, 08:20

Correct , you can only call the strike over the issues put to the vote. You can remove yourself from the work place under current H&S legislation anyway. What the CWU are hamstrung with is they have a live ballot that RM haven't contested in the courts yet. But would highly likely to be blocked by the courts or government under the current "keyworks" role. It would also be a PR disaster with the public , although that is the least of our worries. But as people see us working during this , posties pushing the lack of PPE and disregard of H&S. The CWU pushing the concomitant management style and a MIA CEO hiding in Switzerland , paying no taxes and crashing a company for profit. It could swing the hearts and minds for a later battle. You can only play the hand you are dealt

10 Apr 2020, 09:10

TP & Ward continue to push for ridiculous ideas such as having Easter Saturday off or us delivering food to old people etc. Rico has been warned by the FCA about continually releasing unfounded bad news about RM. I don't think we will have to wait long for either or all of them to get the sack.

10 Apr 2020, 09:46

Celgar wrote: Rico has been warned by the FCA about continually releasing unfounded bad news about RM.

Can you provide a link for that snippet of information?

10 Apr 2020, 10:23

True about reasons for strike. However, if you feel unsafe at work, I believe Section 44 would come into force.

10 Apr 2020, 20:55

Some well known South African businessman who owns an electric car company got banned for saying his share should be 420 while smoking dope.

11 Apr 2020, 14:15

clashcityrocker wrote:
Celgar wrote: Rico has been warned by the FCA about continually releasing unfounded bad news about RM.

That would be great because Mr Back may take action against someone posting an unfounded allegation. If no link is provided the OP would be best deleting the accusation.

12 Apr 2020, 08:41

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

That would be great because Mr Back may take action against someone posting an unfounded allegation. If no link is provided the OP would be best deleting the accusation.

It was in one of the major national newspaper articles and was linked on this site probably in the 'News' section. I would have to look through that section to find it. I suppose I was over emphasizing it but Rico had been advised to stop releasing bad news about RM. It's sort of similar to the US stock exchange when they have to temporarily close down when there is a run on stocks. Or to put it another way why **** in your own litter tray. It makes no sense.

12 Apr 2020, 09:31

Celgar wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

It was in one of the major national newspaper articles and was linked on this site probably in the 'News' section. I would have to look through that section to find it. I suppose I was over emphasizing it but Rico had been advised to stop releasing bad news about RM. It's sort of similar to the US stock exchange when they have to temporarily close down when there is a run on stocks. Or to put it another way why **** in your own litter tray. It makes no sense.

Found the article. It was at the end of a update the new COO of RM released to the London Stock Exchange. RM have been given guidance by the FCA & the FRC including to not release the final results on May 21st. I presume they are worried what might happen if the RM share price drops below a pound.

12 Apr 2020, 12:36

Every new boss of every company trashes the position of the company when they first arrive on the scene.

It makes it look like they're some kind of business magician when they 'turn the company around' so that their next signing on fee is even more ridiculous than the last.

Nothing to see here, no conspiracy just capitalists doing their thing.

12 Apr 2020, 12:39

Woody Guthrie wrote:Every new boss of every company trashes the position of the company when they first arrive on the scene.

It makes it look like they're some kind of business magician when you 'turn the company around' so that their next signing on fee is even more ridiculous than the last.

Bit like a football manager bigging up the job that needs doing so mediocrity is acceptable.

13 Apr 2020, 00:55

cpsteve wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:Every new boss of every company trashes the position of the company when they first arrive on the scene.

It makes it look like they're some kind of business magician when you 'turn the company around' so that their next signing on fee is even more ridiculous than the last.

Bit like a football manager bigging up the job that needs doing so mediocrity is acceptable.

Except when reality hit's home they fall on their sword or are subjected to a public beheading without notice!

13 Apr 2020, 10:05

k979aaa wrote:
cpsteve wrote:

Except when reality hit's home they fall on their sword or are subjected to a public beheading without notice!

They normally get a massive pay off and get a job at another club same as ceos not many if any walk away they get sacked or payed off.

13 Apr 2020, 14:25

Last edited by exetererica on 22 Apr 2020, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

13 Apr 2020, 18:20

It makes it look like they're some kind of business magician when they 'turn the company around' so that their next signing on fee is even more ridiculous than the last.

He has been in for nearly 2 years though, when does the turn around come though as I can only see it getting trashed more.

13 Apr 2020, 20:51

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
He has been in for nearly 2 years though, when does the turn around come though as I can only see it getting trashed more.

Unfortunately this Covid Crisis seems to have proved his idea of a "Royal Mail ..... Parcels Only Delivery Firm" could in fact work, more than anything else he could have dreamed up himself. :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1