not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

The business is doing nothing to help vulnerable

09 Apr 2020, 19:20

We're going to look like we're profiteering from this . Unless we give £millions or let each postie take an hour or so out delivering food etc

09 Apr 2020, 19:28

Any business working that doesn't contribute will be boycotted.

09 Apr 2020, 19:34

Not even that, there's nothing in place for doing our regular job in a more fitting way for the circumstances: delivering to sheltered accommodation blocks is just "walk around the place as though nothings wrong"...

09 Apr 2020, 19:38

Dindin wrote:We're going to look like we're profiteering from this . Unless we give £millions or let each postie take an hour or so out delivering food etc

Maybe we could let the NHS receive or send a parcel for free..

09 Apr 2020, 20:51

When you say NHS do you mean a doctor, a nurse, a cook or the whole of NHS, can't see Rico going for that.

10 Apr 2020, 12:20

On my rounds ive been goingto shop for some of the oldies in worktine and day off.Told one of the managers.f**k RM and CWU who dont give a s**t,( BOTH SIDES HAVE PROVEDTHIS)jUs posties want to help but its getting harder everyday.I was waiting for the first manager,unio n rep to say we should be doing this.I would tgen go straight to papers.Stay safe everyone

10 Apr 2020, 13:22

was waiting for the first manager,unio n rep to say we should be NOT doing this.I would

10 Apr 2020, 14:30

You're already helping by delivering 'the stuff' that the general public are ordering.

10 Apr 2020, 14:38

Mark_F wrote:Not even that, there's nothing in place for doing our regular job in a more fitting way for the circumstances: delivering to sheltered accommodation blocks is just "walk around the place as though nothings wrong"...

What is the advice on delivering to care homes?

Where the current practice is to deliver to each door in a care home, the DOM should contact those care homes to agree to leave the mail at a central point. If the care home does not agree, then deliveries should be made in the normal way.

10 Apr 2020, 16:17

POSTMAN wrote:
Mark_F wrote:Not even that, there's nothing in place for doing our regular job in a more fitting way for the circumstances: delivering to sheltered accommodation blocks is just "walk around the place as though nothings wrong"...

What is the advice on delivering to care homes?

Where the current practice is to deliver to each door in a care home, the DOM should contact those care homes to agree to leave the mail at a central point. If the care home does not agree, then deliveries should be made in the normal way.

Sheltered accommodation on my round yesterday: they don't want us walking round and have no idea who to contact. Obviously I pass the message on, but it's out of my hands from then on. This was one of 4 blocks on that round (the only one to mention anything thus far).

I have previously asked management and been told just to deliver as normal. That said, management in my office don't seem to want to include part timers in briefings (holding any briefings thus far before part timers like me start), so if changes have happened recently they obviously won't be communicated unless I happen to come in early. I have brought this issue up to the Dom but have no idea if any notice has been taken.

10 Apr 2020, 17:31

Dindin wrote:We're going to look like we're profiteering from this . Unless we give £millions or let each postie take an hour or so out delivering food etc

By working paying tax and NI we are helping lets not knock the company, its the government that say we are key workers or we would not be working.

10 Apr 2020, 23:02

cpsteve wrote:

By working paying tax and NI we are helping lets not knock the company, its the government that say we are key workers or we would not be working.

Royal Mail is profiteering from it we are in danger of catching it if not killing us then someone in our family, While some rich smug CEO hides away like Howard Hughes counting his paper shares!

13 Apr 2020, 19:59

k979aaa wrote:Royal Mail is profiteering from it we are in danger of catching it if not killing us then someone in our family, While some rich smug CEO hides away like Howard Hughes counting his paper shares!

I have this image of Rico sat inside his Secret Hollowed Out Volcano, on the shores of Lake Geneva. He's sat in his big leather chair stroking his white cat, and checking his share prices! :cuppa

13 Apr 2020, 21:44

The public seem to be sympathetic and thankful towards us from what I've seen.

Not sure if anyone has thought of things this way.... people can moan about RM not doing enough (which they have a fair point), but it's also the public who are happy for us to keep delivering their non-essentials to them.

And if you're a Postie who is moaning about having to deliver non-essential items......please don't order any non-essential items for the duration of this crisis.

14 Apr 2020, 06:18

norris9 wrote:
And if you're a Postie who is moaning about having to deliver non-essential items......please don't order any non-essential items for the duration of this crisis.

I try and look on the bright side norris: At least we're out in the Fresh Air getting plenty of excercise, while it seems half the population are going Stir Crazy because they can't wander around as usual. :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1