not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Punture

09 Apr 2020, 18:46

Had a puncture on my rural round out in the sticks,rang the office and RAC booked to come out,2 and a half hours later they turn up take pics fill in details changed the wheel,took ten minutes,drove back to the office with remaining mail,scanned out went home past my finishing time,and had the usual interrogation from the boss about my finishing time blah blah! Anyway is that still the procedure re puncture? or has that changed?

Punture

10 Apr 2020, 11:58

Yip, same happened to me a couple of months ago. RAC are contracted to attend call outs within 90 minutes, which is a joke I waited nearly 3 hours. As long as you tell your manager and let him know you will be bringing the undelivered mail back there is sod all he can do. :arrrghhh

Punture

10 Apr 2020, 14:59

Of the four or five times I've had to call them out, every time without fail the operator always says:

"Just to let you know, we have a large amount of calls today and so we are very busy, it could be up to 2.5 hours before one
of our mechanics reaches you'

Punture

10 Apr 2020, 18:31

Back in the day of the mobile mechanic!my word how we’ve moved on for the better?...

Punture

10 Apr 2020, 18:46

Why the interrogation about your finishing time?

Punture

10 Apr 2020, 20:42

Bahia Feliz wrote:Why the interrogation about your finishing time?

Probably said he had all his weeks meal relief because he was not working while guarding the van and should make the time up just like the lazy manager who interviewed him would do so NOT!

Punture

11 Apr 2020, 23:41

What's the procedure when we have a puncture? I seem to recall we were told not to change the tyre a few years back because of safety issues but does that still apply ? If we have a flat in the yard before going out are we expected to change it ourselves ?

Punture

12 Apr 2020, 02:35

Jeppol wrote:What's the procedure when we have a puncture? I seem to recall we were told not to change the tyre a few years back because of safety issues but does that still apply ? If we have a flat in the yard before going out are we expected to change it ourselves ?

No you need a torque wrench and training leave it to the pro's!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1