not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Good Friday

09 Apr 2020, 14:07

Do we work tomorrow and Monday?

Good Friday

09 Apr 2020, 14:20

It'll be down to what type of office yours is. If you're a DO then you won't be in on Good Friday or Easter Monday (unless maybe some might be in on docket to do IPS and prep walks). If you're a MC or RDC it'll be down to what shift you're on

Good Friday

09 Apr 2020, 14:43

SpacePhoenix wrote:It'll be down to what type of office yours is. If you're a DO then you won't be in on Good Friday or Easter Monday (unless maybe some might be in on docket to do IPS and prep walks). If you're a MC or RDC it'll be down to what shift you're on

I work in a Do office
Thank you for your reply

Good Friday

09 Apr 2020, 15:26

If you are on holiday can you have the money or do you have to take a day in lieu for good Friday

Good Friday

09 Apr 2020, 16:02

My day off lands on Monday apparently not allowed to claim the money or have as extra day annual leave, they are just giving a different day off during the week

Good Friday

09 Apr 2020, 16:11

casualnowwithangard wrote:My day off lands on Monday apparently not allowed to claim the money or have as extra day annual leave, they are just giving a different day off during the week

Wrong...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=69286

Good Friday

09 Apr 2020, 17:01

with the current climate & workload i think i'd prefer an extra day off next week, never known anyone ever get another day off in the same b/h week and usually got to fight to get it paid extra and not a credit if that's your choice

Good Friday

09 Apr 2020, 17:07

POSTMAN wrote:
casualnowwithangard wrote:My day off lands on Monday apparently not allowed to claim the money or have as extra day annual leave, they are just giving a different day off during the week

Wrong...

Postman, I hesitate to disagree with your experience and knowledge, but as I understand the process, management CAN give you a day off the same week
and thereby deny you the option of pay or annual leave. The only caveat to this in the thread you linked is that if....

If that is not operationally sensible or is impracticable the people involved can have a day added to their holiday allocation or claim the hours as normal weekday overtime.

Again, I hesitate this time to be agreeing with the manager, but if he/she has decided it is operationally sensible and practical, that's the end of the issue surely?

Good Friday

09 Apr 2020, 17:12

POSTMAN wrote:

Wrong...

agree with the post you have put,...however, they are doing exactly the same in our office this week and next. their patterspin is ''due to the current situation'' they can't offer payment or a day in lieu. so they are giving a different day that week. there are a few kicking off about it.

Good Friday

09 Apr 2020, 17:59

Same in our office no extra payments or day off in lieu have to take day off in same week apparently no money to pay this or overtime.

Good Friday

09 Apr 2020, 18:03

For those of us in Scotland that are working Friday, is it safe to assume it will be a much quieter day than a normal Friday?

Good Friday

09 Apr 2020, 18:37

Wrong wrong wrong wrong!!! And why are people being told this lie?.

Good Friday

10 Apr 2020, 09:08

In my office, not usually known for enlightened management, we're being given the usual options of payment or day off in lieu.

Good Friday

10 Apr 2020, 10:55

robbertwhitton wrote:

Possibly because it's not a lie, don't like to side with RM management but they do have the option to give another day off the same week according to the RM Employment Policy 'Time Off Annual Holiday dated August 2017, - (a link is available to the download from the homepage of this site), if that is not possible then we do quite rightly have the
option of day off in lieu or the money (our choice) iaw the policy.

If CWU have allowed this policy change to sneak through without challenging it (from what it seemed to be a few years ago) then that's an error on their part.

Good Friday

10 Apr 2020, 16:43

yellowbelly wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:

Wrong...

Postman, I hesitate to disagree with your experience and knowledge, but as I understand the process, management CAN give you a day off the same week
and thereby deny you the option of pay or annual leave. The only caveat to this in the thread you linked is that if....

If that is not operationally sensible or is impracticable the people involved can have a day added to their holiday allocation or claim the hours as normal weekday overtime.

Again, I hesitate this time to be agreeing with the manager, but if he/she has decided it is operationally sensible and practical, that's the end of the issue surely?

Yes you are correct and I thank you for pulling me up!
I only saw the money thing that they usually lie about.
Thanks!

Good Friday

10 Apr 2020, 16:49

I have never known anyone on here to post 'oh they are giving me a day off in the same week' which is probably confusing the issue ( it was for me anyway lol) as it seems to be very rare in 'normal circumstances'. On here anyway.

It was always, you get it when you get it and no, no extra payment.

Good Friday

10 Apr 2020, 17:01

Yep my day off is Friday, As it bank hol they said i can have thurdayoff as well,instead claiming hol or payment. Thats fine by me.They then askedif i want to in on overtime Thursday. They just havent got aclue

Good Friday

10 Apr 2020, 18:28

robbertwhitton wrote:

Well we hardly see our so called boss,but happy to be able to have a choice? If not then I stand corrected,I should expect there would be several different interpretations of it that we’re not informed on.

Good Friday

10 Apr 2020, 19:16

You're lucky

Good Friday

10 Apr 2020, 19:46

Mine falls on Tuesday, so I'll have three days off starting Sunday. :Very Happy

But what's the bet management will beg me to come in on my day off. I'll make 'em grovel first. On their knees. With their mouths open...

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2