not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Where my parcel?

08 Apr 2020, 18:29

How do you guys deal with awkward customers coming out every single day chasing where their parcel is. I normally don't mind but its a stressful time and it's really peeing me off. One guy comes out every single time, one just comes out and murmurs how ridiculous it is and what a poor service we offer. Another one has now been driving round to find me and ask about it for the last 3 days.
I've had my headphone in a couple of times so ive just stuck the other one in and ignored them but I feel a right twat doing it, any advice?

Where my parcel?

08 Apr 2020, 18:48

I just tell them that I take out and deliver everything that comes into my office for the doors I deliver to - if I dont have it then its not reached the office and therefore dont know anything about it until it does.

Where my parcel?

08 Apr 2020, 19:14

Give them office number and say speak to my manager .

Where my parcel?

08 Apr 2020, 19:39

Tinoblade wrote:One guy comes out every single time, one just comes out and murmurs how ridiculous it is and what a poor service we offer.

And this is what that guy thinks of essential workers such as us posties? What an ass. I bet he wouldn't say the same about other key workers like police officers, bin men, nurses, paramedics or care home staff during this crisis. :evil/mad

Where my parcel?

08 Apr 2020, 20:07

My number one rule for this is don't get into a conversation/debate with them as you are never going to make them happy whatever you say. I just answer once and carry on walking, if they want to follow me down the road that's their choice :Very Happy
Last edited by Deadly on 09 Apr 2020, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.

Where my parcel?

08 Apr 2020, 23:35

Acca Dacca wrote:I just tell them that I take out and deliver everything that comes into my office for the doors I deliver to - if I dont have it then its not reached the office and therefore dont know anything about it until it does.

Sometimes I do this too and say there could be a backlog at the Mail Centre.

But to be honest the country is in lockdown, any customers complaining right now are idiots. Don't take any moaning from them about a crappy little parcel which they probably don't even need, say you haven't got it today and keep walking.

Where my parcel?

09 Apr 2020, 07:52

I get this and can understand it if it's something important like medication that they are waiting for but not for most of the unessential crap that we have to deliver. I explain that packets are at the same levels as Christmas but with about a 3rd of the staff off so there will be delays. Most people are blissfully unaware of the pressure on us at the moment and say ok thanks for being out n about. Thing is we have been told to clear all Tracked items and then as much mail and other packets as we can so I do get to play god with who gets their stuff and who doesn't. If someone comes and asks about a delayed packet and are nice about it I will try and make sure I look out for it, however the occasional aggressive nasty people may have to wait another day unfortunately.

Where my parcel?

09 Apr 2020, 08:29

I get it too. Quite often these days. Usually in the area where people of lower social class live. They get out almost in your face asking thousands of question about some crap they ordered a week ago. I always politely explain that if it reached our delivery office I would be delivered today but if its not there. There is a possibility of a backlog at the mail centre and it should be with us in the coming days. I pull out corona virus card and blame staff shortages. It works the trick ;)

Where my parcel?

09 Apr 2020, 12:25

Cheers guys, I think its one of those situations where it brings out the best in people. But also, the absolute worst in people as well

Met one already today, he rang the company he purchased from. They haven't even dispatched it yet :thumbup

Where my parcel?

09 Apr 2020, 13:09

"Wheres my parcel? I rang the company up and they said it must be lost/delayed by RM"
The next day parcel turns up with yesterdays post date :shock: happens to me all the time! I can see why telephone scammers do so well, some people believe any old s**t that they are told on the phone.

Where my parcel?

09 Apr 2020, 13:13

meercat wrote:Sometimes I do this too and say there could be a backlog at the Mail Centre.

By now there's almost certainly backlogs at every stage of the process. It's quite likely that at RDCs and MCs there will be mail left behind where there's not enough room on the lorries

Where my parcel?

10 Apr 2020, 08:26

The vast majority of people are extremely grateful that we are continuing to work and providing a semblance of normality to their lives. I wouldn't stress too much if you get the occasional person asking where their parcel is.
In our DO we had planned to clear everything on Thursday but this didn't happen as a lot more parcels arrived than expected and we only have three posties to do all the sorting & prep due to social distancing. About four yorks of parcels were left unsorted & not delivered. The situation is probably only going to get worse with RM refusing to hire more vans or replace any staff that leave.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1