not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

forgetting to scan tracked "ready for delivery"

08 Apr 2020, 14:28

What happens when that happens?
Took a few out from another frame today and completely forgot to do the morning part, but obs scanned as Delivered when they were

08 Apr 2020, 14:34

If they aren't scanned RFD then the message to the customer saying it is on its way isn't generated.
Apart from that I don't think anything bad happens.

08 Apr 2020, 14:38

oh okay if thats it then brill
I just dont fancy getting a moan at tomorrow if it comes up on a delivery sheet about some cock-up (bit like when a scan doesn't say its been delivered, but has been scanned ready for delivery)

08 Apr 2020, 17:46

I think in the bigger picture of things,and what’s going on, and units being run on a wing and a prayer,it really isn’t worth worrying about,and making a big thing about,i would have plenty to say if they did make something of it as I bet some jobs worth will,stay safe

08 Apr 2020, 20:00

gimba wrote:What happens when that happens?
Took a few out from another frame today and completely forgot to do the morning part, but obs scanned as Delivered when they were

POSTMAN wrote:Are we changing the Ready For Delivery (RFD) Scanning in Deliveries?

When scanning the RFD scan on our Tracked products, this sends a message the customer letting them know the item is in the Delivery office and will be expected to be delivered on that day.

Unfortunately, due to the current limitations and absence levels in our operation, some parcels receiving the RFD scan are not being delivered on the day they are scanned. In order to make sure our customers receive the correct messages the following changes should be made to the usual indoor scanning process for Delivery Offices:

• Do not RFD scan your Tracked Parcels as they arrive in the DO
    •Only Scan Tracked Parcels that you can commit to deliver the same day
    • It is advised to do the RFD Scan on Tracked Parcels once you have prepared your delivery and are sure the item will be delivered that day

2nd post PDF in the Global Announcement...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94715

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=95068

We don`t scan ready for delivery anymore...

08 Apr 2020, 20:05

Janet Brum wrote:• It is advised to do the RFD Scan on Tracked Parcels once you have prepared your delivery and are sure the item will be delivered that day.

We don`t scan ready for delivery anymore...

If you read what you posted - yes we do.
We only scan what we can commit to deliver at the frame and not as a matter of course on arrival at the DO.

08 Apr 2020, 21:00

Exactly what Postman said, if an office is sure they can deliver, they scan, if is no certainty, they don`t.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1