not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

No wage during quarantine.

07 Apr 2020, 18:03

OHi everyone, hope you are managing to stay safe and well.

I have a blood disease called Chronic Myeloid Leukemia, for which I have to take daily chemotherapy medication, plus kinase inhibitors.
For these reasons I am deemed by the N.H.S to be at greater risk of contracting and not surviving the Covid 19 Corona Virus pandemic.
As directed by the government I am instructed to quarantine myself for a period of 12 weeks.
Three weeks ago I informed my manager of this and she has been very supportive.

Today I received a phone call from this manager explaining that I would receive no further wage payments whilst on quarantine. ( I must add that she was very distressed at having to pass on this information).
My illness is covered by the Equality Act (D.D.A) and RM are aware of this.

Has anyone else been put in this situation.
I can probably manage without pay for this period, but I worry for those who are less fortunate than myself.
Any thoughts please.

07 Apr 2020, 18:17

I believe if you have the letter then you should get full pay

07 Apr 2020, 18:18

If you are in the 'very high risk' or 'shielding' category, then as far as I'm aware, you're entitled to 12 weeks leave with full pay.

07 Apr 2020, 18:35

Have you already gone onto zero pay from previous time off?

07 Apr 2020, 20:33

Sorry to hear your bad new etc
Your entitled to 1 year full pay every year 4 years

Hope you get well soon

07 Apr 2020, 20:47

Yeah like others here have mentioned, if your down to zero pay for having 12 months of sickness previous to this and you have had to self isolate, no pay.

I am currently on 12 week isolation due to medical conditions that are considered to make me more vulnerable to the effects of covid-19 had the letter from the NHS to tell me to stay indoors all that, next day after telling work Id have to stay off for the foreseeable future I got a letter from work to tell me pay was stopping and that id get SSP (seemed odd to put me on SSP considering im not sick, but rather trying to avoid becoming sick but guess thats just the way it works.)

All I know is that from watching the unions communications on facebook the last few weeks, it is a big point of contention between them and Royal Mail bosses (union believing anyone in our situation should be paid regardless of how much sick pay we have left, Royal Mail obviously not wanting to), hopefully something soon changes in this regard but as with anything in this company I wouldn't hold your breath.

07 Apr 2020, 21:06

Rm says they will pay self isolating people with simptoms: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 72&t=95341

07 Apr 2020, 21:46

Sorry to hear your bad new etc
Your entitled to 1 year full pay every year 4 years

Hope you get well soon

07 Apr 2020, 23:06

Thanks guys for all advice and good wishes. Very much appreciated.
I intend to pursue the matter via the Grievance procedure, and post on here how I get on.

07 Apr 2020, 23:08

contact coronavirus.support@royalmail.com as soon as you can, they can be very helpful and will be quicker than a grievance.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1