not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

No Bank Holiday payments this Easter ??

07 Apr 2020, 16:15

Hi

We were told this morning that there is no option to take the overtime for the two Easter bank holidays coming up if your day off falls on a bank holiday. . Apparently this is a national decision. Has anybody else heard about this ? How can RM simply decide to change their policy which has been in place for years?

RM are apparently saying it is because they have no money to pay the overtime, but surely it makes no difference if it is taken as overtime or a day off in lieu. Either way they will have to pay somebody to do my delivery.

Thanks for any info.

07 Apr 2020, 16:22

No money??

Didn't they have over £800 million in cash reserves and £950 million of credit lines just last week?

07 Apr 2020, 16:29

Was told the same the weekend just gone so instead of my day off falling on good friday I took it yesterday instead which was fine by me

07 Apr 2020, 16:47

My Dom has said I can have the payment I stead of lieu day and I know a few others in my office are taking the money as well. I think it's just some managers trying it on

07 Apr 2020, 17:00

dom told us last week that anyone whose day off falls on good friday has to take day off in same week, hence we have 5 rounds a day not going out

07 Apr 2020, 17:45

Weve got people going in to the office to sort on ot plus payment for bank holiday.

07 Apr 2020, 23:14

markimarkc wrote:Hi

We were told this morning that there is no option to take the overtime for the two Easter bank holidays coming up if your day off falls on a bank holiday. . Apparently this is a national decision. Has anybody else heard about this ? How can RM simply decide to change their policy which has been in place for years?

RM are apparently saying it is because they have no money to pay the overtime, but surely it makes no difference if it is taken as overtime or a day off in lieu. Either way they will have to pay somebody to do my delivery.

Thanks for any info.

Not if they lapse yours if you take your day in lieu when the office is more fully staffed.

07 Apr 2020, 23:16

rambo1 wrote:
markimarkc wrote:Hi

Thanks for any info.

Not if they lapse yours if you take your day in lieu when the office is more fully staffed.

If you're not bothered about actually having a day off, take it in lieu somewhere else and ask to come in and work it, same result, you get paid an extra day instead of a day off.

09 Apr 2020, 04:20

I got this today:

Dear Colleagues

Following a number of enquiries into CWUHQ over the past 24 hours, reproduced below for your reference is the direct lift from the LTB 552/12 PSP Joint Statement.

Bank & Public Holidays

Normal Bank Holiday arrangements will continue to apply. Employees who work a bank holiday will continue to get either overtime or a day in lieu. The number of hours worked on the Bank Holiday will be credited back into the annual leave quota* (as a bank holiday day off in lieu). The system automatically credits hours worked back to the employee when the correct bank holiday payment is selected. Arrangements for part timers will continue to be pro-rated to ensure everyone is treated fairly regardless of the days in the week they work.

*For clarity where an individual works 2 hours or more and they choose a day in lieu they will be credited with hour’s equivalent to their average attendance for that week.

Where an individual’s rest day coincides with a Bank Holiday they will have the option of being credited with a day in lieu equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day or alternatively they can claim BH excess equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day

Regards

From Mark Baulch | Assistant Secretary Outdoor Postal Department

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1