not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mail not scanning tracks?

07 Apr 2020, 11:50

Iv had an issue with this company before for the same reason but during normal circumstances. The package never turned up before and then they sent out another package with another courier. When I enter the tracking info into RM's website I get a notice saying

"Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference *yfyifnjjj*. Please try again later"

I thought this time I will email the company straight away asking if it had been dispatched and if it was in fact with Royal Mail and not sat in their warehouse still having only generated the tracking number and postage. Baring in mind I had an email of dispatch on Friday and it was showing that message still this morning.

This was their reply form this morning.

"I have just looked into your order and we have sent two boxes to you Unfortunately both of the tracking references are not working. This is due to Royal Mail having such a huge increase in deliveries and they are not able to scan in all parcels."

Subsequently, Having just checked again now (Midday) it is now live on the tracking.

Anyone with a bit more insight on this shed some light. Are we not scanning everything? I know we are scanning everything at our DO thats for sure. I understand we are busy but are this company holding back dispatch for what ever reason and blaming Royal Mail or is what they are saying true?
Last edited by Ren Hoëk on 07 Apr 2020, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.

07 Apr 2020, 12:11

Probably a backlog at Exeter MC. Priority will be given to Tracked 24 over Tracked 48. Also with backlogs priority gets given to the new stuff as an item can only fail once

07 Apr 2020, 13:45

Are we changing the Ready For Delivery (RFD) Scanning in Deliveries?
When scanning the RFD scan on our Tracked products, this sends a message the customer letting them know
the item is in the Delivery office and will be expected to be delivered on that day. Unfortunately, due to the
current limitations and absence levels in our operation, some parcels receiving the RFD scan are not being
delivered on the day they are scanned.
Version 26: Friday 3rd April 2020

In order to make sure our customers receive the correct messages the following changes should be made to
the usual indoor scanning process for Delivery Offices:
• Do not RFD scan your Tracked Parcels as they arrive in the DO
• Only Scan Tracked Parcels that you can commit to deliver the same day
• It is advised to do the RFD Scan on Tracked Parcels once you have prepared your delivery and are sure
the item will be delivered that day

07 Apr 2020, 16:38

get a grip who gives a shite about scanning at the minute it should be stopped in del offices what if the person who scans these in before there sorted has the virus then we could possibly all at serious risk never mind the morals of delivering meaningless crap for people who are bored shitless :arrrghhh

07 Apr 2020, 16:57

mags999 wrote:get a grip who gives a shite about scanning at the minute it should be stopped in del offices what if the person who scans these in before there sorted has the virus then we could possibly all at serious risk never mind the morals of delivering meaningless crap for people who are bored shitless :arrrghhh

You're still handling the mail so the risk is the same whether it's scanned or not. :cuppa

07 Apr 2020, 17:21

your right ban that as well sequenced mail only from tomorrow :Very Happy

07 Apr 2020, 20:08

POSTMAN wrote:Are we changing the Ready For Delivery (RFD) Scanning in Deliveries?

When scanning the RFD scan on our Tracked products, this sends a message the customer letting them know the item is in the Delivery office and will be expected to be delivered on that day.

Unfortunately, due to the current limitations and absence levels in our operation, some parcels receiving the RFD scan are not being delivered on the day they are scanned. In order to make sure our customers receive the correct messages the following changes should be made to the usual indoor scanning process for Delivery Offices:

• Do not RFD scan your Tracked Parcels as they arrive in the DO
    •Only Scan Tracked Parcels that you can commit to deliver the same day
    • It is advised to do the RFD Scan on Tracked Parcels once you have prepared your delivery and are sure the item will be delivered that day

2nd post PDF in the Global Announcement...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94715

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=95068

We don`t scan ready for delivery anymore...

07 Apr 2020, 21:06

Cheers for the responses. It probably explains it. To the person who told me to get a grip. I think you missed the point of my question. I couldn't care less if we are scanning in a time like this. My main concern is that the company were generating the postage and then not actually sending it when they say they are. As has seemingly been the case with them in the past. Ergo, making it seem as if it is RM at fault for late delivery. As for the meaningless crap comment. Were you born with that superpower or was it something you picked up from a spider bite? Or just plain old x ray specs?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1