not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

CV19 and our delivery office

06 Apr 2020, 21:14

Just heard sad news the young lad who worked behind me who has been off since last Tuesday that his grandad has died from CV19 ( very sad ). My underlying fear is our manager would have known this and not relayed any information to the delivery staff this morning so it doesn’t impact the office anymore than it already has. Has anyone had any close CV19 cases in or around their offices and if so what has been done in this case. Thanks

07 Apr 2020, 08:58

Loads of people with it, at one of the depots half the office is off, know for a fact some of them have it, scary times

07 Apr 2020, 15:18

A lot of people off, are swinging the lead and taking advantage of the situation, fact, if in the future these people are of with covid they should be sacked.

07 Apr 2020, 15:21

dohnut wrote:A lot of people off, are swinging the lead and taking advantage of the situation, fact, if in the future these people are of with covid they should be sacked.

Any chance of coming up with a system thats

1. Better than the Royal Mails current system.
2. Doesn't punish the honest ones (they do exist and I wouldn't want them becoming casualties just because you want to punish the lead swingers).

Honestly interested if you do come up with on.

07 Apr 2020, 15:30

dohnut wrote:A lot of people off, are swinging the lead and taking advantage of the situation, fact, if in the future these people are of with covid they should be sacked.

No doubt some are taking the piss but if you are told to stay off with a temperature or cough then you do it. It may not be Covid 19 but how would you know?

07 Apr 2020, 15:30

Never said I had all the answers, and of course there are plenty of people of that either have symtoms or are self isolating, it just pisses me off that people take advantage of the situation for some time off, will the rest of us work are asses of.

07 Apr 2020, 15:32

How can you prove they have taken advantage though? I mean sure maybe some have but nobody here is a doctor and when they're being told not to take a risk with not only there own health but the health of everyone around them, all they have to say is I wasn't prepared to take the risk and your all clear.

Say someone has a cough, takes time off, finds out its nothing then later ends up getting the virus, are you really suggesting they should be fired for that? because all that would do is maybe force a person into continuing with work, giving the office the virus and potentially risking the lives of people around them and for what? risk dosn't seem worth the reward with this train of thought sadly.

07 Apr 2020, 15:33

dohnut wrote:Never said I had all the answers, and of course there are plenty of people of that either have symtoms or are self isolating, it just pisses me off that people take advantage of the situation for some time off, will the rest of us work are asses of.

It pisses me off as well, and eventually, they will get caught out. Just that I think wishing they would get sacked is counterproductive and any action taken against them could cause harm to innocent posties.

07 Apr 2020, 16:40

Seriously! Have you thought that they are scared, and cannot afford to just walk out citing the HSE act. I would not condemn anyone for doing that even though I would not do it myself.

07 Apr 2020, 16:49

A lot of people off, are swinging the lead and taking advantage of the situation, fact, if in the future these people are of with covid they should be sacked. well i had a cough and had my 3 days off (that I work ) first absence for nearly 11 years ,and I should be sacked for possibly not spreading the virus ,if a test proves negative ,silly comment .

07 Apr 2020, 16:55

dohnut wrote:Never said I had all the answers, and of course there are plenty of people of that either have symtoms or are self isolating, it just pisses me off that people take advantage of the situation for some time off, will the rest of us work are asses of.

Why are you working you ass off?
It wouldn't make any difference to me if the whole office bar me was off with symptoms my workrate and contracted hours don't change.

Worrying about what other people are doing is the real sickness in this business, you see it from IPS to repicks, duty sizes, meal relief, holidays and days off and especially sick absence which members should really get through their heads is none of our business.

You go to work to work not to obsess about other people's work.

07 Apr 2020, 18:48

Spot on

08 Apr 2020, 09:45

You're assuming that people who go off with this Virus will survive long enough to be sacked. Do we take their P45 to the graveside?

I went off in the middle of March. I had a cough, a temperature that only lasted one day and other bad flu symptoms. Two other members of my immediate family also had the same thing and the cough has still not gone. Do you think I should have stayed at work and gave what could have been Coronavirus to the rest of the office? Do you think you would have been quite happy working next to someone who was coughing all over the place?

Have I had Coronavirus or not? I suspect I have but have no way to tell in the absence of antibody testing.

So if I get any symptoms again would it be responsible of me to continue going to work and possibly infecting everyone else?

You need to lighten up. This virus is a f***ing killer. It's not something you're going to cure by lying on the couch for a week watching s**t films on Netflix with a bowl of chicken soup. People are worried for their health and the health of those around them.

As it happens I have now had a letter and texts from the NHS telling me to stay off for 12 weeks because I am on drugs that will make my survival chances very slim. Trust me, this is not the place I want to be and is scary as f**k. I haven't seen my kids or my grandchild for four weeks and not likely to see them again for months.

09 Apr 2020, 21:49

Half the country is being paid to sit at home and colour in rainbows. Moaning about the hardship of not being able to get a haircut.

Yet, Posties that go off, because they fear they might have Coronavirus, are the ones "taking advantage of the situation". We develop colds and coughs all the time, it's an extremely difficult judgement call to make. To decide whether you're a risk to your customers, and colleagues, or whether it's just one of the hundreds of fairly benign reasons you might have a cough. If you get that wrong, and pick the wrong cough... how is that a sackable offence? Given that it's nigh on impossible to get tested.

10 Apr 2020, 05:28

Murdoch wrote:

Half the country is being paid to sit at home and colour in rainbows. Moaning about the hardship of not being able to get a haircut.

Yet, Posties that go off, because they fear they might have Coronavirus, are the ones "taking advantage of the situation". We develop colds and coughs all the time, it's an extremely difficult judgement call to make. To decide whether you're a risk to your customers, and colleagues, or whether it's just one of the hundreds of fairly benign reasons you might have a cough. If you get that wrong, and pick the wrong cough... how is that a sackable offence? Given that it's nigh on impossible to get tested.

Yep, without testing all you can do is be responsible and not worry about what someone else at work is doing.

Tbh, most seem to be taking advantage of the 7-14 days for symptoms/self-diagnosis as if it's extra annual leave and I'm not bothered about that - the company will cope, the world will cope. Just chill out in these difficult times and enjoy the weather :cool

10 Apr 2020, 12:33

Yer make the most of being in work and getting out and helping.Some people r in real s**t.If u think your works r not doing things right, follow goverment advice and SELF isolate
.Its your life.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1