not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE




Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

04 Apr 2020, 12:01

I deliver to a couple of seaside villages that are starting to see second home owners turn up despite government advice. Can I refuse to deliver? They are a risk compared to the locals, I'm not to keen on touching their gates and doors etc. And I fell like they should be ostracised anyway.

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

04 Apr 2020, 12:08

Can you refuse to deliver? No.

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

04 Apr 2020, 12:33

Xenophobe or what this whole virus thing is nothing to be sneezed at but mans in humanity to mankind springs to mind!

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

04 Apr 2020, 12:49

Xenophobic? Well seeing as that's the government plan then I'll wear that hat. So if I encounter a dog loose then it's fine to endorse the Mail and inform my manager. But when someone who is potentially spreading a virus that has brought 1/2 the planet to its knees 'nah, it'll be fine'.

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

04 Apr 2020, 13:06

Think of it as a bad cold but why did we let our own citizens return without quarantining them but that is why we are where we are is it not! With half the nation or more unemployed the economy under the floorboards and NO plan out of this mess. Anyone can be forgiven for being Xenophobic in these times if it helps here is a clip about racism but it could adapted for second home owners. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... l+episode+ PS don't own a second home.

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

04 Apr 2020, 14:32

Think of it as a bad cold :crazy:

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

04 Apr 2020, 15:00

Well it sure ani't going to wipe out the whole population on earth winners and losers that is what war is. If you have the mind set we are going to die at some point all of us it is a case of mitigating the death's to as least as possible by the way have not made any trips out other than work related while others cycle two abreast down a public park!

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

04 Apr 2020, 17:02

I delivered to a holiday home today, had a pkt so did the usual knock and step away, luckily I'd stepped about 4 metres back because when the woman opened the door she was instantly coughing away, she clearly had it and had deliberately travelled to her holiday home, despite the Local Authority and the local Police Force urging people to stay away from the area and actually stopping people and turning them away on the main roads into my area today.

I've seen another 2 cars parked at holiday homes today, I intend to have a look online later to see if there's anywhere I can report all of them.

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

04 Apr 2020, 17:19

The ammount of Second Home Owners that have chosen to "Self-Isolate" in their 2nd homes is scandalous. :mad

In my area most of them come from London, it wouldn't be so bad if they they just came down and got on with it........ But they insist on ordering loads of stuff online! :arrrghhh I'm delivering loads of parcels to cottages I've rarely ever delivered mail too. :shock: It's all important stuff though ... New Coffee Machines and loads of those little sachets that George Clooney likes to drink ... obviously a BIG First World Problem. :crazy:

A few of these cottages have cute little signs on the doors saying things like, "We don't use the front door, and are Self Isolating .... Please take any parcels around the back, down the garden, and leave them in the shed" I thought "Yeah Right" I leave them on the Doorstep, Knock and Walk Off! I'll write Parcel on Step on any mail and leave it at that. :cuppa

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

04 Apr 2020, 18:35

wacko74 wrote: the woman opened the door she was instantly coughing away, she clearly had it

So people never coughed for any other reason? And you can diagnose the illness without using any form of testing kit?

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

04 Apr 2020, 18:54

clashcityrocker wrote:
wacko74 wrote: the woman opened the door she was instantly coughing away, she clearly had it

So people never coughed for any other reason? And you can diagnose the illness without using any form of testing kit?


Given there's currently a world pandemic where the key symptom is a persistent, dry, hacking cough I'll say it's more than an evens chance that she had it given she couldn't even prevent herself from constantly coughing for the few seconds that she opened the door.

Regardless of what symptoms she was or wasn't displaying she was blatantly disregarding the requests of everyone from government, health care experts, local authorities and the police to not travel, in particular to not travel to second homes in areas where vital icu resources are already minimal at best.

You really do make yourself look a bit silly sometimes with your pointlessly contrarian responses on here.

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

05 Apr 2020, 06:25

wacko74 wrote:
You really do make yourself look a bit silly sometimes with your pointlessly contrarian responses on here.

Yes - but better to be pointless and contrarian than pointless and judgemental.
Do let us know how you get on reporting these people I am sure it will be a riveting read.

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

05 Apr 2020, 06:49

clashcityrocker wrote:
wacko74 wrote:
You really do make yourself look a bit silly sometimes with your pointlessly contrarian responses on here.

Yes - but better to be pointless and contrarian than pointless and judgemental.
Do let us know how you get on reporting these people I am sure it will be a riveting read.



Do please expand on how I'm being ''pointless and judgemental'' when I raise an issue regarding people blatantly disregarding the requests of health experts, politicians and police to stay at home and not make unnecessary journeys, especially with regards to people travelling to holiday homes in areas where local medical facilities and ICU provisions are already at a minimal level without having to cope with the effects of a pandemic?

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

05 Apr 2020, 07:08

wacko74 wrote:Do please expand on how I'm being ''pointless and judgemental'' when I raise an issue regarding people blatantly disregarding the requests of health experts, politicians and police to stay at home and not make unnecessary journeys, especially with regards to people travelling to holiday homes in areas where local medical facilities and ICU provisions are already at a minimal level without having to cope with the effects of a pandemic?

What if she was one of those former NHS staff who have returned to work and she has come to help in those local medical facilities that are having to cope?
What if she needs to isolate from someone very vulnerable at her other home?
What if she has come to look after an elderly relative nearby?
Do you know anything about why she has travelled to be at this place?

And bear in mind you have gone from "she definitely has it" to there being a 50-50 chance of her having it.
People cough for many different reasons. She may be asthmatic, something may have just gone down the wrong way or maybe she just put too much pepper on her eggs Benedict.

Maybe she lives in an area with a high number of cases and (like a lot of people) is s**t scared and felt the need to get away for her own sanity.
Maybe you are right. Maybe she has ignored all warnings (like so many people) and decided to travel anyway. Maybe she is a terrible person.
But you diagnosed her and decided all that without actually knowing anything and now you are going to report her.
Perhaps the biggest casualty of all this will be our compassion, our understanding and our humanity.

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

05 Apr 2020, 08:59

clashcityrocker wrote:
wacko74 wrote:Do please expand on how I'm being ''pointless and judgemental'' when I raise an issue regarding people blatantly disregarding the requests of health experts, politicians and police to stay at home and not make unnecessary journeys, especially with regards to people travelling to holiday homes in areas where local medical facilities and ICU provisions are already at a minimal level without having to cope with the effects of a pandemic?

What if she was one of those former NHS staff who have returned to work and she has come to help in those local medical facilities that are having to cope?
What if she needs to isolate from someone very vulnerable at her other home?
What if she has come to look after an elderly relative nearby?
Do you know anything about why she has travelled to be at this place?

And bear in mind you have gone from "she definitely has it" to there being a 50-50 chance of her having it.
People cough for many different reasons. She may be asthmatic, something may have just gone down the wrong way or maybe she just put too much pepper on her eggs Benedict.

Maybe she lives in an area with a high number of cases and (like a lot of people) is s**t scared and felt the need to get away for her own sanity.
Maybe you are right. Maybe she has ignored all warnings (like so many people) and decided to travel anyway. Maybe she is a terrible person.
But you diagnosed her and decided all that without actually knowing anything and now you are going to report her.
Perhaps the biggest casualty of all this will be our compassion, our understanding and our humanity.



Eggs Benedict?? I've not seen an egg since February......shop the b@tch

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

05 Apr 2020, 11:19

To report you have to go to the appropriate police forces web page by the looks of it.

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

05 Apr 2020, 13:44

clashcityrocker wrote:
wacko74 wrote:Do please expand on how I'm being ''pointless and judgemental'' when I raise an issue regarding people blatantly disregarding the requests of health experts, politicians and police to stay at home and not make unnecessary journeys, especially with regards to people travelling to holiday homes in areas where local medical facilities and ICU provisions are already at a minimal level without having to cope with the effects of a pandemic?

What if she was one of those former NHS staff who have returned to work and she has come to help in those local medical facilities that are having to cope?
What if she needs to isolate from someone very vulnerable at her other home?
What if she has come to look after an elderly relative nearby?
Do you know anything about why she has travelled to be at this place?

And bear in mind you have gone from "she definitely has it" to there being a 50-50 chance of her having it.
People cough for many different reasons. She may be asthmatic, something may have just gone down the wrong way or maybe she just put too much pepper on her eggs Benedict.

Maybe she lives in an area with a high number of cases and (like a lot of people) is s**t scared and felt the need to get away for her own sanity.
Maybe you are right. Maybe she has ignored all warnings (like so many people) and decided to travel anyway. Maybe she is a terrible person.
But you diagnosed her and decided all that without actually knowing anything and now you are going to report her.
Perhaps the biggest casualty of all this will be our compassion, our understanding and our humanity.


So there were at least 3 holiday home owners staying at holiday homes on the one duty I was on, times that by the 70 odd duties that cover my area and that gives approximately 210 holiday homes all currently occupied despite the restrictions and pleas by all the experts to not travel.

This is an area where the LHA has a grand total 8 ICU beds.

As for the supposedly ''valid'' reasons that you're desperately trying to offer, I think you're demonstrating that the real problem today is actually too much misguided and misplaced compassion... usually displayed by weak minded and gullible liberal types who for whatever reason find themselves insulated from the realities of life and allow themselves to be brainwashed into being the modern day ''useful idiots'' of the Corporatists and Globalists who are doing so much damage to the vast majority of society whilst enhancing the wealth of the wealthiest few.

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

05 Apr 2020, 13:57

POSTMAN wrote:To report you have to go to the appropriate police forces web page by the looks of it.



Have done, they've got back to me and asked for further details but not indicated what (if any) action they will be taking.

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

05 Apr 2020, 15:35

I haven't seen my 2 daughters since the lockdown, my grandkids, one is a couple of months old.
Next door skanks regularly have visitors and one daughter and grandchild is there now.
The kids are druggies and are regularly out till the early mornings.
The woman of the house has COPD glue lungs thing and will surely die if she gets the virus.
On Monday the man of the house, over 70yrs old, was out at 8 clapping his heart out for the NHS.
My wife cried the other day and is holding back for a row with em.

You couldn't make this s**t up.

Can I refuse to deliver to second home owners?

05 Apr 2020, 15:59

A far better course of action is to dob them into the local police or the press it works trust me!

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 2   1, 2