not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 10:41

Has anyone ever lost a PDA. I lost mine yesterday and it isn't the first time. I've done it before.

I suffer from depression and tend to be a bit woolly headed sometimes.

I know the vicinity where it was last used. Went and scoured the area this morning but no trace.

I have been threatened before with having to pay for a lost one, in the region of £800.

I have a PDA shoulder holster, but don't like using it as i find it cumbersome.

I'll have to find a way to tie it to my wrist.
Last edited by p5aul789 on 04 Apr 2020, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 10:56

Have you told your DOM ? Surely they can track it providing the battery is still charged

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 10:58

Busterbear wrote:Have you told your DOM ? Surely they can track it providing the battery is still charged

Yes, told him this morning.

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 11:25

Are they tracking it ?

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 11:36

Busterbear wrote:Are they tracking it ?

I'm not sure, i'm off today!

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 12:34

Tell them to call it before the battery goes flat.

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 12:42

philsdeals19 wrote:Tell them to call it before the battery goes flat.

Well you know what managers are like in RM most will file it in the to do next week when I am off handover!

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 15:38

If I read this right. You left it a day before you reported it why?

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 17:11

How do You loose a PDA? Your scanning something every few minutes. :hmmmm

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 18:15

scoobydo79 wrote:How do You loose a PDA? Your scanning something every few minutes. :hmmmm
perhaps it was LOOSE :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 18:58

HA1 wrote:If I read this right. You left it a day before you reported it why?

Finished around 4pm yesterday, and was off today. So reported it this morning.

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 19:02

scoobydo79 wrote:How do You loose a PDA? Your scanning something every few minutes. :hmmmm

I must have put it down after scanning and forgot to pick it up. So i've left it on top of a bin, on doorstep, on wall etc.

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 19:34

scoobydo79 wrote:How do You loose [sic] a PDA? Your [sic] scanning something every few minutes. :hmmmm

Plenty of posties have done it. I almost lost mine when I left it on a bin next to the customer's door. I thought I slipped it back into my holster and grabbed my bundle ready to march on. Just as I got to the end of the customer's driveway before turning back on to the pavement, I thought to myself, "That's funny, my holster is lighter than normal."

Sure enough my holster was empty, and a quick glance back up the customer's driveway revealed my missing PDA - still on the green bin where I left it after slipping a P739 card through the customer's mail slot. :cool

I believe they're worth around £800 - £1,000. :shock:

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 20:10

I lost mine when I left on the bonnet after writing a card, went down the road, round corner & suddenly where's my pda, realised what I done, did quick u turn & there it was in the middle of the road, it's a horrible feeling to lose it & then total relief. Hope u find it.

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 20:25

Ahh ok .Guess I’ve yet to do it.Maybe We need a lanyard type thing then. :hmmmm

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 20:44

I keep mine in my coat`s pocket or trousers pocket in the summer. It`s not that bad, I got used.
Never lost one.

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 22:15

p5aul789 wrote:

Am I missing something? That means you went back to depot minus the PDA. When you hand everything in, you are minus a bit of important kit. P.S. I work for Parcelforce and maybe things are different for you guys.

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 22:20

afcdibby wrote:
p5aul789 wrote:

Am I missing something? That means you went back to depot minus the PDA. When you hand everything in, you are minus a bit of important kit. P.S. I work for Parcelforce and maybe things are different for you guys.

So you must of known you lost it whilst out on delivery then, Did you go back over the ground, did you try to contact the office. Sounds like you did know whilst on delivery and you could of done more to find it. its your second time strange that

Lost PDA

04 Apr 2020, 23:21

afcdibby wrote:
p5aul789 wrote:

I was thinking the same, I am on delivery, I would know within 20 minutes of losing it, I'm not sure how that could happen...unless it was right near the end of the delivery, even then,Ihave to scan for my collection box as soon as I get back to the office.

Lost PDA

05 Apr 2020, 00:28

Is the OP feeling all right he could have had a dizzy spell through the virus he should think long and hard on here about the consequences but people who are ill make bad decisions I hope the OP is OK and can make better decisions in future!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2