not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

double mail ,do u get paid extra

03 Apr 2020, 20:49

had my day off and mail didn't go out , so should i be able to get extra to complete 2 days worth (or is just do a deal) , also lapsing on top.

03 Apr 2020, 21:00

You get paid for the hours you work

03 Apr 2020, 21:47

nuns wrote:had my day off and mail didn't go out , so should i be able to get extra to complete 2 days worth (or is just do a deal) , also lapsing on top.

You should only do the lapsing if you are sure there will be time to complete it.
The other comment suggesting you get paid for the hours you work should be the correct one.
Depends on the DOM but 'haggling' or sometimes going 'off on one' can get you a few hours 'ghosting'.
I'm not personally a fan of 'ghosting' though and would rather see all work paid for which often isn't the case in RM.

04 Apr 2020, 00:07

Just bring half it back!

04 Apr 2020, 02:59

Would you take half a days wage if it was really quiet?

04 Apr 2020, 06:47

Book Overtime if you go past your time
Ive been taking out double every day do alternate walks,clearing tracked on other walk as well.Pain in arse .Would make it a lot easier if there was no D2Ds.

04 Apr 2020, 09:47

iHateD2Ds wrote:Book Overtime if you go past your time
Ive been taking out double every day do alternate walks,clearing tracked on other walk as well.Pain in arse .Would make it a lot easier if there was no D2Ds.

Then don't get paid it, just tell them your cutting off!

04 Apr 2020, 14:40

On Monday I am on a delivery that has not gone out for 4 days (apart from tracked items) and have 6 D2D to try and squeeze into the frame as well. Sometimes you can negotiate a deal to clear it if you want to or just cut off if you prefer to work to time.

04 Apr 2020, 17:50

Yes, you get paid overtime. If you go over an hour you get an hour overtime.

If you can deliver two days worth without going over then there is something seriously wrong with the workload.

05 Apr 2020, 20:57

nuns wrote:had my day off and mail didn't go out , so should i be able to get extra to complete 2 days worth (or is just do a deal) , also lapsing on top.

Nice Try Nuns :Applause That bought a smile to my face. Good Luck with that, personally I'd use the over running Procedure and tell the DOM you intend to finish at your Official finish Time. :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1