not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Holidays left over

02 Apr 2020, 19:26

Can someone please confirm to whether you have to carry over any annual leave/bank holiday credits that you have been unable to ue or can you get paid for them if that is what you prefer. My DOM is saying you can't get paid for them you Have to carry them over. I have 18 hours (bank holiday credits) that I have been unable to use, and want to get paid for them, but this seems to be a problem to him and he is insisting that you can't get paid for them.

Holidays left over

02 Apr 2020, 19:35

No you can't get paid for them.

Holidays left over

02 Apr 2020, 19:41

Oh right, I thought I saw in the agreement that if you are unable to use them, you can get paid them, has this ever been the case, only been with RMail 18mths.

Holidays left over

02 Apr 2020, 20:24

Don't recall it ever happening Alliboo, sorry.

Holidays left over

02 Apr 2020, 21:22

no you only can be paid for them if you leave and haven't used them

Holidays left over

02 Apr 2020, 21:57

If it's bank holiday credits in that as a reserve whenever there's a bank holiday it miraculously happens to be your day off then yes you should have the option of either a lieu day, or a days pay as though you worked your day off, it's been covered on here loads of times.

Holidays left over

03 Apr 2020, 00:20

ted_e_bear wrote:If it's bank holiday credits in that as a reserve whenever there's a bank holiday it miraculously happens to be your day off then yes you should have the option of either a lieu day, or a days pay as though you worked your day off, it's been covered on here loads of times.

Yep but normally have to request in writing at the time if you want to be paid for them. I’ve never heard of anyone claiming the payment in retrospect at the end of the year.

Holidays left over

06 Apr 2020, 02:35

You can only get paid for Bank Holidays in the week they are.

If this Good Friday was your day off instead of a day in lieu you can ask to be paid for it
and no he can't refuse it is in the agreement.

But you can't come to him next week and say you want it after the fact as that weeks hours
and wages have already been done.

You don't have to carry them over you can book them off as single days. (if there is availability)

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1