not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Van sharing

02 Apr 2020, 11:09

Got no probelm with non van sharing.How come the bin,recycle staff r all sharing a van(3 of them)I haf customer ask me abd she said they just laughed when she asked them.She said i thought it wasgoverment advice nottoo.

Van sharing

02 Apr 2020, 14:09

Probably because their union DGAF

Van sharing

02 Apr 2020, 16:44

Why van share? This is a deadly killer ..

Why even take the risk ?

The bin men are following there bin lorry in mini buses with over 6ft gap spaces between seats up in Scotland

Van sharing

02 Apr 2020, 18:11

wazer wrote:Got no probelm with non van sharing.How come the bin,recycle staff r all sharing a van(3 of them)I haf customer ask me abd she said they just laughed when she asked them.She said i thought it wasgoverment advice nottoo.

Used to be 3 around my area, this week it has went to 2 in the vans, since the vans are wide they might get near 1 m separation.

Van sharing

02 Apr 2020, 19:31

Yamr1 wrote:The bin men are following there bin lorry in mini buses with over 6ft gap spaces between seats up in Scotland

Not on the walk I was on yesterday. Three bin men crammed into the cab of their truck. Neither of them wearing face masks, either.
And then there was a driving instructor and her student both sitting in the front seat with no masks. :shock: At least all the taxi drivers I've seen so far are all masked up.

Come to think of it, I think it's time the government puts a stop to joggers now. I had a few panting and wheezing as they bounced past me on the pavement. Taking a dog out for walkies is one thing, but going for a heavy-breathing run? Hmmm... :speak to the hand

Van sharing

02 Apr 2020, 20:01

PostmanBitesDog wrote:And then there was a driving instructor and her student both sitting in the front seat with no masks. :shock:

Kinda hard for a driving instructor to use the dual controls from the back seat of a car

Van sharing

02 Apr 2020, 20:12

Driving instructors shouldn't be working.

Bin men should be distancing, following the truck in another vehicle or whatever.

Joggers, and anyone else exercising, should stay 2 metres, or be prepared for a word (or more) from the police.

Jeez, how hard is it for people to understand this stuff?

Van sharing

02 Apr 2020, 21:52

sindba wrote:Bin men should be distancing, following the truck in another vehicle or whatever.

If they follow it on their own car, they've got the same issue as RM staff who were to use their own car on deliveries or even just to get to the first delivery point. They'd need business use on their insurance

Van sharing

03 Apr 2020, 12:50

SpacePhoenix wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:And then there was a driving instructor and her student both sitting in the front seat with no masks. :shock:

Kinda hard for a driving instructor to use the dual controls from the back seat of a car

They could use some broom sticks

Van sharing

03 Apr 2020, 13:08

SpacePhoenix wrote:

Is learning to drive essential business though.

Especially when tests have been suspended for 3 months https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... eory-tests

Though the student may be seen as a critical worker.

The instructor may not be following the guidance of their trade body if she isn't. https://driving.org/coronavirus-advice/

At an extremely difficult and worrying time for us all, taking into account the Government public health advice regarding social distancing and trying to control and delay the spread of the COVID-19 virus, NASP would urge all instructors to stop delivering driving lessons, if you have not already done so, with the exception of teaching key workers where necessary. This should be until the end of April and then we can then all review the situation again.

Van sharing

03 Apr 2020, 17:16

My DOM made me go pick a van up at another office with him this morning, in his car!!??

Van sharing

03 Apr 2020, 18:17

thefall101 wrote:My DOM made me go pick a van up at another office with him this morning, in his car!!??

Made you,? Why didn't you refuse?

Van sharing

03 Apr 2020, 18:20

luddite wrote:
thefall101 wrote:My DOM made me go pick a van up at another office with him this morning, in his car!!??

Made you,? Why didn't you refuse?

And did you both wear face masks? Were you in the back seat while he drove? Anyway, it's not acceptable. Report him.

Van sharing

03 Apr 2020, 18:41

no point complaining about it now. should have refused at the time.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1