not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE




This is the true RM management

01 Apr 2020, 07:54

A postie in the Essex area who has Chronic Heart Disease and arthritic hips and knees has been given notice by his DOM (POSTMAN EDIT!) that the van retention arrangement that’s been in place since using vans started will end in April. Our colleague is in the vulnerable group due to his heart complaint and has been advised by the government to avoid public transport but although the manager knows he will have to get on two buses on a journey that takes an hour and twenty minutes he will not withdraw the notice. He is covered by the Equality Act as he also suffers with very low blood pressure due to the tablets he has to take and he has actually passed out several times on the round.

This is the true picture of RM management showing they do not care about their employees as the DOM knows all about his condition he just doesn’t like him because he’s a CWU supporter, shameful, but I’m sure there’s worse to come with this new regime.

This is the true RM management

01 Apr 2020, 11:36

He’s lucky! None of us get a van retention. We were told it was based on business need, not staff need

This is the true RM management

01 Apr 2020, 11:51

Java joe wrote:He’s lucky! None of us get a van retention. We were told it was based on business need, not staff need

He works in an SPDO so parking is virtually non existent but now he’s got these complaints do you think it’s right for the company to do this?

This is the true RM management

01 Apr 2020, 13:38

van retention alive and well in our office especially with rural delivery to save time to return to office

This is the true RM management

01 Apr 2020, 13:50

geordieboy123 wrote:He is covered by the Equality Act as he also suffers with very low blood pressure due to the tablets he has to take and he has actually passed out several times on the round.


Is it just me or has he been checked out by the DVLA medical screening to ensure he is fit to drive?

This is the true RM management

01 Apr 2020, 14:03

Celtic warrior wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:He is covered by the Equality Act as he also suffers with very low blood pressure due to the tablets he has to take and he has actually passed out several times on the round.


Is it just me or has he been checked out by the DVLA medical screening to ensure he is fit to drive?


https://www.gov.uk/blackouts-and-driving

This is the true RM management

01 Apr 2020, 19:54

geordieboy123 wrote:A postie in the Essex area who has Chronic Heart Disease and arthritic hips and knees has been given notice by his DOM (POSTMAN EDIT!) that the van retention arrangement that’s been in place since using vans started will end in April. Our colleague is in the vulnerable group due to his heart complaint and has been advised by the government to avoid public transport but although the manager knows he will have to get on two buses on a journey that takes an hour and twenty minutes he will not withdraw the notice. He is covered by the Equality Act as he also suffers with very low blood pressure due to the tablets he has to take and he has actually passed out several times on the round.

This is the true picture of RM management showing they do not care about their employees as the DOM knows all about his condition he just doesn’t like him because he’s a CWU supporter, shameful, but I’m sure there’s worse to come with this new regime.


Well if he is in the vulnerable category surely he will be off for 12 weeks currently as per government guidelines.

This is the true RM management

01 Apr 2020, 20:03

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Celtic warrior wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:He is covered by the Equality Act as he also suffers with very low blood pressure due to the tablets he has to take and he has actually passed out several times on the round.


Is it just me or has he been checked out by the DVLA medical screening to ensure he is fit to drive?


https://www.gov.uk/blackouts-and-driving


Sorry, it was extreme dizzy spells during the heatwave while exerting himself

This is the true RM management

01 Apr 2020, 20:06

joewyan wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:A postie in the Essex area who has Chronic Heart Disease and arthritic hips and knees has been given notice by his DOM (POSTMAN EDIT!) that the van retention arrangement that’s been in place since using vans started will end in April. Our colleague is in the vulnerable group due to his heart complaint and has been advised by the government to avoid public transport but although the manager knows he will have to get on two buses on a journey that takes an hour and twenty minutes he will not withdraw the notice. He is covered by the Equality Act as he also suffers with very low blood pressure due to the tablets he has to take and he has actually passed out several times on the round.

This is the true picture of RM management showing they do not care about their employees as the DOM knows all about his condition he just doesn’t like him because he’s a CWU supporter, shameful, but I’m sure there’s worse to come with this new regime.


Well if he is in the vulnerable category surely he will be off for 12 weeks currently as per government guidelines.

The 12 weeks is for the extremely vulnerable group but even so when he does return to work it will have to be on a bus, people seem to be missing the point here ie just how uncaring this RM management are

This is the true RM management

01 Apr 2020, 21:11

geordieboy123 wrote:
The 12 weeks is for the extremely vulnerable group but even so when he does return to work it will have to be on a bus, people seem to be missing the point here ie just how uncaring this RM management are



Does this really come as a surprise to you? :hmmmm You often find yourself drifting along in this Business and not really noticing anything.... until something like this occurs and you get the wake up call ..... and realise the type of Company you work for.

We had an incident in my DO when an OPG's Wife was diagnosed with Lung Cancer, he was told he could take any unclaimed leave, when that ran out he could take unpaid leave. When he had to attend some Hospital appointments with her some adjustments were made to his duty. A couple of times it was prepped for him so he could get away early....... Big of Them eh? :no no

Anyone that thinks this Business is like some Small Family Run Business that appreciates your Loyalty and Honesty, and will look after you and yours in times of trouble is sadly deluded. Sad but True. :cuppa

This is the true RM management

02 Apr 2020, 20:15

Dorset Plodder wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:
The 12 weeks is for the extremely vulnerable group but even so when he does return to work it will have to be on a bus, people seem to be missing the point here ie just how uncaring this RM management are



Does this really come as a surprise to you? :hmmmm You often find yourself drifting along in this Business and not really noticing anything.... until something like this occurs and you get the wake up call ..... and realise the type of Company you work for.

We had an incident in my DO when an OPG's Wife was diagnosed with Lung Cancer, he was told he could take any unclaimed leave, when that ran out he could take unpaid leave. When he had to attend some Hospital appointments with her some adjustments were made to his duty. A couple of times it was prepped for him so he could get away early....... Big of Them eh? :no no

Anyone that thinks this Business is like some Small Family Run Business that appreciates your Loyalty and Honesty, and will look after you and yours in times of trouble is sadly deluded. Sad but True. :cuppa


must be the worst company to work for currently !

This is the true RM management

03 Apr 2020, 13:13

If its such a bad company leave, but you don't. Stop moaning and appreciate what you have

This is the true RM management

03 Apr 2020, 13:33

HA1 wrote:If its such a bad company leave, but you don't. Stop moaning and appreciate what you have

Rico is that you??

This is the true RM management

03 Apr 2020, 14:07

Just because someone has a different viewpoint or political position to you, it does not mean that they are a 'Manager' or a 'Union fanatic', any posts making such assumptions or generalisations will be pulled or amended and the poster warned. This also applies to posts that are not aimed at individuals but at groups.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php

This is the true RM management

03 Apr 2020, 14:09

HA1 wrote:If its such a bad company leave, but you don't. Stop moaning and appreciate what you have

Perhaps they want to change the company from within, surely that's a better ideal than just giving up and leaving as you advocate.

This is the true RM management

03 Apr 2020, 16:33

This is not the job to do with those problems this killer virus that makes it unsafe for him to be out and about, surely long term an inside job is the way forward.

This is the true RM management

03 Apr 2020, 19:33

geordieboy123 wrote:
joewyan wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:A postie in the Essex area who has Chronic Heart Disease and arthritic hips and knees has been given notice by his DOM (POSTMAN EDIT!) that the van retention arrangement that’s been in place since using vans started will end in April. Our colleague is in the vulnerable group due to his heart complaint and has been advised by the government to avoid public transport but although the manager knows he will have to get on two buses on a journey that takes an hour and twenty minutes he will not withdraw the notice. He is covered by the Equality Act as he also suffers with very low blood pressure due to the tablets he has to take and he has actually passed out several times on the round.

This is the true picture of RM management showing they do not care about their employees as the DOM knows all about his condition he just doesn’t like him because he’s a CWU supporter, shameful, but I’m sure there’s worse to come with this new regime.


Well if he is in the vulnerable category surely he will be off for 12 weeks currently as per government guidelines.

The 12 weeks is for the extremely vulnerable group but even so when he does return to work it will have to be on a bus, people seem to be missing the point here ie just how uncaring this RM management are


Surely “chronic” heart disease would be classed as extremely vulnerable.

This is the true RM management

03 Apr 2020, 19:42

joewyan wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:
joewyan wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:A postie in the Essex area who has Chronic Heart Disease and arthritic hips and knees has been given notice by his DOM (POSTMAN EDIT!) that the van retention arrangement that’s been in place since using vans started will end in April. Our colleague is in the vulnerable group due to his heart complaint and has been advised by the government to avoid public transport but although the manager knows he will have to get on two buses on a journey that takes an hour and twenty minutes he will not withdraw the notice. He is covered by the Equality Act as he also suffers with very low blood pressure due to the tablets he has to take and he has actually passed out several times on the round.

This is the true picture of RM management showing they do not care about their employees as the DOM knows all about his condition he just doesn’t like him because he’s a CWU supporter, shameful, but I’m sure there’s worse to come with this new regime.


Well if he is in the vulnerable category surely he will be off for 12 weeks currently as per government guidelines.

The 12 weeks is for the extremely vulnerable group but even so when he does return to work it will have to be on a bus, people seem to be missing the point here ie just how uncaring this RM management are


Surely “chronic” heart disease would be classed as extremely vulnerable.


No it’s not according to the government guidelines

This is the true RM management

03 Apr 2020, 22:53

cpsteve wrote:surely long term an inside job is the way forward.


Not meaning to be flippant, but this certainly could be construed in another way... :nervous

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1