not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Holidays

31 Mar 2020, 15:44

With many of us not being able to go on planned holidays during our annual leave or even get out somewhere for the day, wouldn't it be a nice gesture of thanks by Royal Mail, to award us all an extra week of annual leave next year.
Hopefully by then travel will be allowed again.
I think we thoroughly deserve it after what we will have put ourselves through during this pandemic with no chance of getting away for a break.
If anyone with contacts in the CWU is reading this, maybe you could put it to them.

Holidays

31 Mar 2020, 16:21

Royal Mail will give us eff all

They will be privately seething that any of us have dare complain

Holidays

31 Mar 2020, 16:47

Can't see that happening in all honesty. Now that the Government have relaxed the rules on carrying over annual leave for the next 2 years (https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=95147) it's likely they may want people to work through any upcoming leave they may have, and to take this later, or in the following years.

Couple this with an extra week off and offices would soon find themselves short-staffed. More likely to get some sort of bonus, if anything.
Last edited by POSTMAN on 31 Mar 2020, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link

Holidays

31 Mar 2020, 17:45

I have week off early may obviously now hols abroad cancelled ,Feeling our Dom,will still wsnt us of rather than have a weeks leave and dtare at 4 walls could i work at another office and have that week later in thd year or early 2021

Holidays

31 Mar 2020, 21:48

comeracing wrote:I have week off early may obviously now hols abroad cancelled ,Feeling our Dom,will still wsnt us of rather than have a weeks leave and dtare at 4 walls could i work at another office and have that week later in thd year or early 2021

Im having the same thought, got 2 weeks off in a few weeks as had family visiting from abroad, would rather cancel even if i have to carry the over or take them on unpopular weeks in Jan/Feb but have the feeling that they will want you to take them rather then have a massive back log of owed holiday

Holidays

31 Mar 2020, 22:42

I have 3 weeks off at the beginning of July, if we are in the same situation as now I’ll be spending 3 weeks indoors .

Holidays

31 Mar 2020, 22:58

I just read that the Cambridge Folk Festival has been cancelled. I hadn't decided whether to go or not so that decision has been taken out of my hands. Hopefully Beautiful Days festival doesn't get cancelled as well!!
Wonder if we will learn from this debacle to shut down flights from countries where epidemics kick off in future or will we just worry about the economic losses???? Apparently the 2000 Chinese that flew out of Wuhan and arrived at Heathrow on February 14th have just started returning to China. Sounds like most of them are still carrying the virus and the Chinese government have turned this news on it's head and are blaming us for trying to reinfect them.

Holidays

31 Mar 2020, 23:09

Ha ha ha brilliant love to see someone with a sense of humour in these dark and depressing times you've certainly put a smile on my face. But the answer to your suggestion is not a chance in hell

SORRY

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1