not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Gloves

29 Mar 2020, 16:23

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone can suggest a pair of gloves for delivery? I used a pair during the recent Winter but found my dexterity wasn't great when if came to looking through my bundle when out on delivery. So I switched to wearing a fingerless pair on one hand. I need gloves that are thin, and form fitting, enough that I can look through letters easily.
Has anyone come across, or use, a pair that work really well for the job?

Kind Regards,
Neil

Gloves

29 Mar 2020, 18:01

I use these in winter, https://www.sealskinz.com/gloves/camo-s ... -beige.htm
work well for me,

Gloves

29 Mar 2020, 18:18

You could look for silk gloves that go under motorcycle gloves for extra warmth

Gloves

29 Mar 2020, 19:40

There're a couple of other threads raised on this same query, NP1975. :wink:

Gloves

Gloves

Gloves

29 Mar 2020, 19:50

During the current situation I would presume you'll be wearing Blue Nitrile gloves. :shock:

I admire your enthusiasm but surely the weathers warming up... not getting colder? :cuppa

Gloves

29 Mar 2020, 20:02

The best advice available suggests gloves & masks are best deployed in medical situations.
For others just wash your hands regularly and cough or sneeze into a tissue along with 'social distancing ' measures.
We have gloves available in our DO but no one is using them apart from the DOM on odd occasions when he starts cleaning surfaces etc.

Gloves

29 Mar 2020, 20:34

Celgar wrote:The best advice available suggests gloves & masks are best deployed in medical situations.
For others just wash your hands regularly and cough or sneeze into a tissue along with 'social distancing ' measures.
We have gloves available in our DO but no one is using them apart from the DOM on odd occasions when he starts cleaning surfaces etc.

Personally I don't wear the rubber gloves either, it just seemed ironic that the question was about the best gloves to wear! :Very Happy

We have a few Posties that are obviously a bit more worried about the situation than others, they wear rubber gloves everywhere. Lots of people getting stressed about No Hand Gel ...... I suggested they take a Hand Bowl... Soap ... Towel & and a bottle of water in their vans if they're that bothered. Stay Safe! :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1