not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Government Help

28 Mar 2020, 05:33

I have mentioned this elsewhere on here but the response seems to be little more than a virtual shrug of the shoulders.

Can anyone explain why the government is prepared to help out a whole range of other non-essential businesses, both large and small, with the 80% wage subsidy and other policies and yet that same government who deem RM to be an essential ''key industry'' which has to keep operating are apparently unable or unwilling to help out with the huge and potentially very serious financial burden that we're now facing as a result?

Government Help

28 Mar 2020, 08:06

cannon fodder

Government Help

28 Mar 2020, 08:11

wacko74 wrote:I have mentioned this elsewhere on here but the response seems to be little more than a virtual shrug of the shoulders.

Can anyone explain why the government is prepared to help out a whole range of other non-essential businesses, both large and small, with the 80% wage subsidy and other policies and yet that same government who deem RM to be an essential ''key industry'' which has to keep operating are apparently unable or unwilling to help out with the huge and potentially very serious financial burden that we're now facing as a result?

I’m no expert and don’t claim to be vastly well informed on this but I would guess the aim is to ensure as many businesses survive as possible to help the economy recover when things return to some kind of normality. Does Royal Mail need help? Without knowing any figures the work load doesn’t seem to have significantly dropped in the last couple of weeks, if anything packet volumes seemed to have shot up so I would question if revenue is down or not. There is probably high levels of employees not attending work right now but, reading these boards, it seems they are not paying out overtime because of this and they are just failing walks which is going to impact quality of service more than their financial performance and I can’t see the regulator imposing large fines if they don’t hit the required targets during this period.

I would actually guess one of Rico’s main concerns right now might be his inability to be able to continue to push through the changes he wants by executive action that we have seen it the last few months.

Government Help

28 Mar 2020, 08:18

Who wants to be on the front line ie key worker is just asking for COVID-19 not saying it will kill you but it will kill someone you know.

Government Help

28 Mar 2020, 18:29

pisses me off something shocking that while we are out delivering shite others are safe at home getting paid. "oh still have to work" seems to be the new phrase customers like to use." Yes you prick, im standing in your garden with a parcel so yes im working". :arrrghhh

wont be the virus that takes me but a feckin stroke

Government Help

28 Mar 2020, 18:39

Just a saw a piece on BBC Reporting Scotland about how Royal Mail are still delivering non essential mail, interviews with some folk, that it should just be essential mail, not junk for ie: buisnesses that are not operating because of the lockdown.

Government Help

28 Mar 2020, 18:50

Wack, contact Royal Mail and see if you can get a different answer that is already on the forums other threads on this subject.

Government Help

28 Mar 2020, 19:02

hero22 wrote:pisses me off something shocking that while we are out delivering shite others are safe at home getting paid. "oh still have to work" seems to be the new phrase customers like to use." Yes you prick, im standing in your garden with a parcel so yes im working". :arrrghhh

Calm down - can’t believe you’re getting in such a state cos you’re out working while others are at home. So what!! Reading lots of posts on different threads it seems that many posties are extremely jealous of people who are at home. Get over it. If it matters that much jack the job in and go on the jam roll.

Government Help

28 Mar 2020, 19:06

GRS wrote:
hero22 wrote:pisses me off something shocking that while we are out delivering shite others are safe at home getting paid. "oh still have to work" seems to be the new phrase customers like to use." Yes you prick, im standing in your garden with a parcel so yes im working". :arrrghhh

Calm down - can’t believe you’re getting in such a state cos you’re out working while others are at home. So what!! Reading lots of posts on different threads it seems that many posties are extremely jealous of people who are at home. Get over it. If it matters that much jack the job in and go on the jam roll.

Bit of a silly post that just go on the dole because hes fearful of catching a deadly virus WTF.

Government Help

28 Mar 2020, 19:15

GRS wrote:

Are you dave or terry in disguise cuz seems like they dont give a flying f--k either. actually had a blazing row with area hs rep yday over the 2meter rule his answer was what do you want me to do :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh think hr will be getting a ring on mon morn please cancel my subs please thank you.

Government Help

28 Mar 2020, 19:21

by the time the union, management and some staff get their act together mate its all going to be too late. Ya vote to strike and instead you get volunteered to be an emergency service delivering dominoes leaflets.

Government Help

28 Mar 2020, 19:23

I would rather be working with a full wage than sitting at home on 80% of my 25 contracted hours.

Government Help

28 Mar 2020, 19:34

hero22 wrote:by the time the union, management and some staff get their act together mate its all going to be too late. Ya vote to strike and instead you get volunteered to be an emergency service delivering dominoes leaflets.

Actually voted no mate but im glad i did with what is happening now also will be my last vote as im out of cwu come monday.

Government Help

28 Mar 2020, 23:17

clashcityrocker wrote:

I would rather be working with a full wage than sitting at home on 80% of my 25 contracted hours.

Ive had my selfish head on and didn't even think of the part time contracts, you hear 80% and think that's ok but its not if as you say your on 25 hours.

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 04:46

POSTMAN wrote:Wack, contact Royal Mail and see if you can get a different answer that is already on the forums other threads on this subject.

Where are the other threads specifically on this subject? I can't seem to find them.

Can you point me in their direction then I can check what answers and reasons are being offered to my question.

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 06:54

clashcityrocker wrote:

I'd rather be safe(er) sat at home on 80% of my wages thank you very much.

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 07:43

rambo1 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

I'd rather be safe(er) sat at home on 80% of my wages thank you very much.

you aint safer at home, go to the supermarket might catch it, get an online delivery might catch it, go for daily exercise might catch it, somebody coughs near your house when its windy might catch it..

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 07:49

wacko74 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Wack, contact Royal Mail and see if you can get a different answer that is already on the forums other threads on this subject.

Where are the other threads specifically on this subject? I can't seem to find them.

Can you point me in their direction then I can check what answers and reasons are being offered to my question.

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2020/0 ... s-not-junk

It’s not junk
We are implementing changes to prioritise some mail

Colleagues have been asking about the possibility of limiting the amount of non-essential items we are being asked to deliver during these challenging times.

We have now implemented changes to prioritise some mail. We will deliver unaddressed door to door advertising mailings to customers who are receiving addressed letters or parcels at the same time, wherever practically possible.

Door to Door mailings provide a very valuable service to small businesses and companies of all kinds as they seek to provide their goods and services. It’s important to remember that many small businesses need that support now more than ever. Door to Door mailings also include important communications from government and other authorities, which need to reach every household. It is therefore important that we keep the Door to Door channel open and effective.

We are required to deliver the universal service through the market. The universal postal service provides a lifeline to businesses and communities everywhere and we are proud to provide it. Door-to-door mailings and marketing mail are a very important means of paying for the universal service and supporting the delivery of all mail – including important documents such as hospital appointments and medical prescriptions.

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 08:00

All recycling in my area has been stopped no collections anymore a few of our guys are getting verbally abused now for delivering d2d there has to be a solution to this problem.the uso is already dead in the water I've had post 2 days last week as the office that delivers to me is struggling.

Government Help

29 Mar 2020, 08:26

aiden01 wrote:
GRS wrote:

Are you dave or terry in disguise cuz seems like they dont give a flying f--k either. actually had a blazing row with area hs rep yday over the 2meter rule his answer was what do you want me to do :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh think hr will be getting a ring on mon morn please cancel my subs please thank you.

How’s cancelling your subs going to stop you getting the virus?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3