not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

d2d w/c 30th March

27 Mar 2020, 23:10

I'm okish to carry on working for now but next week we have been allocated 2 d2d and some sectors in our office have 3. I and my looper are going to refuse to do them on Health and Safety grounds, obviously the fewer addresses we have to go to the better. (Just before anybody jumps on me we are not sharing a van). My question is where do we stand on refusing to do them on H&S grounds?

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 05:28

What's the H&S reason to refuse to do D2Ds?

I can understand, and fully support, prioritising other mail and packets before D2Ds, but I can't immediately see a reason not to do them on H&S grounds

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 05:58

With only 2 lots I think you're pushing your luck on refusing to do them.

If it were 4-5 lots I'd certainly have an issue due to the extra daily indoor prep time I'd have to spend in close quarters with potentially infected colleagues.

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 06:49

olilew wrote:I'm okish to carry on working for now but next week we have been allocated 2 d2d and some sectors in our office have 3. I and my looper are going to refuse to do them on Health and Safety grounds, obviously the fewer addresses we have to go to the better. (Just before anybody jumps on me we are not sharing a van). My question is where do we stand on refusing to do them on H&S grounds?

If you’re going to that address anyway what’s the difference. Maybe we can leave some where they’ve had no mail all week?

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 07:14

matthew68 wrote:
olilew wrote:I'm okish to carry on working for now but next week we have been allocated 2 d2d and some sectors in our office have 3. I and my looper are going to refuse to do them on Health and Safety grounds, obviously the fewer addresses we have to go to the better. (Just before anybody jumps on me we are not sharing a van). My question is where do we stand on refusing to do them on H&S grounds?

If you’re going to that address anyway what’s the difference. Maybe we can leave some where they’ve had no mail all week?

And that is RM stance at the moment. Think you’ll be opening yourself up to conduct issues if you try and refuse on H&S grounds!

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 08:02

In terms of weight ie 16 KG is the weight limit for first pouch and the matrix was like 11 kg for each other bag or 5 kg for flats.

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 12:47

We’ve been told only take d2ds to addresses we have mail for .

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 13:56

Just do them, work till your time, then cut-off if need be.

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 14:22

New instructions from RM today. Prep all d2d in on a Monday and deliver with live mail for that address over the week. Any left in the frame where you haven’t been are to be rolled over into the following week. I kid you not!

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 14:53

nickinoneck wrote:New instructions from RM today. Prep all d2d in on a Monday and deliver with live mail for that address over the week. Any left in the frame where you haven’t been are to be rolled over into the following week. I kid you not!

The only problem with rolling them over to the following week is that some offers/prices etc may have expired. We shouldn’t be doing them at all in this global crisis, there are more important things to worry about.

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 15:09

chickenwittle wrote:We’ve been told only take d2ds to addresses we have mail for .

That bald Scottish guy made a comment along those lines the other day. I just thought what the **** is he on about as we mainly deliver the D2D items when an address point has other mail anyway. People at the top literally have no idea how the job is actually completed on a day to day basis.

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 15:39

Is DFS even open?

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 16:01

Last edited by exetererica on 22 Apr 2020, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 16:06

rambo1 wrote:Is DFS even open?

Just looked at their website, no mention of them being closed

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 16:10

We were told not to take d2d’s as they are not classed as essential mail!!

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 16:41

SpacePhoenix wrote:

Just looked at their website, no mention of them being closed

Stores closed but shop online on website.

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 16:57

nickinoneck wrote:New instructions from RM today. Prep all d2d in on a Monday and deliver with live mail for that address over the week. Any left in the frame where you haven’t been are to be rolled over into the following week. I kid you not!

We've been doing this since the beginning of Feb to cut down on the amount being sent back not used,which was a york full every week.It has worked well as now there are only a couple of trays being left over each week on average.
We don't roll any over into the next week by the way,they have to be delivered by the Saturday of that week.

d2d w/c 30th March

28 Mar 2020, 18:52

nightcrawler wrote:

The only problem with rolling them over to the following week is that some offers/prices etc may have expired. We shouldn’t be doing them at all in this global crisis, there are more important things to worry about.

Point 1, good point but I can't see any postie giving a sh%t.
Point 2, yes I totally agree with you that's how it should be for the foreseeable unless it's a d2d offering free covid19 test kits.

d2d w/c 30th March

29 Mar 2020, 06:49

https://www.dfs.co.uk/content/covid19-faqs

d2d w/c 30th March

29 Mar 2020, 08:43

They have an Online option so yes they are open. We have been told if the company is open on the web we have to deliver them.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2