not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

NEXT online operation first to close down.

27 Mar 2020, 21:03

NEXT have just closed down their online operation due to fears from their staff that continuing working in their warehouse may result in spreading the Coronavirus.
Wondering if any other firms - Amazon ?? - may arrive at the same conclusion and shut down their operation & if Royal Mail will follow suit. Our office is quite small so it is difficult to observe the sentiments of 'social distancing' so if one of us does bring the virus into the office we will likely all go down with it.

28 Mar 2020, 09:11

Celgar wrote:NEXT have just closed down their online operation due to fears from their staff that continuing working in their warehouse may result in spreading the Coronavirus.
Wondering if any other firms - Amazon ?? - may arrive at the same conclusion and shut down their operation & if Royal Mail will follow suit. Our office is quite small so it is difficult to observe the sentiments of 'social distancing' so if one of us does bring the virus into the office we will likely all go down with it.

I don't think any organisation was built designed around social distancing and the situation we now face, This is the price of Globalisation in which viruses can spread around the world far more than any war would!

28 Mar 2020, 18:32

Celgar wrote:NEXT have just closed down their online operation due to fears from their staff that continuing working in their warehouse may result in spreading the Coronavirus.

When the zombie apocalypse comes, Amazon will be the last company standing.

28 Mar 2020, 18:37

now we are delivering / collecting tests we will not shut down completely.

31 Mar 2020, 23:05

2yearpostie wrote:now we are delivering / collecting tests we will not shut down completely.

The UK government still haven't managed to source any testing kits that actually work. I think the letters from Boris which may or may not be in the D2D format are arriving this week but the testing kits won't be available anytime soon.

01 Apr 2020, 08:59

Celgar wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:now we are delivering / collecting tests we will not shut down completely.

The UK government still haven't managed to source any testing kits that actually work. I think the letters from Boris which may or may not be in the D2D format are arriving this week but the testing kits won't be available anytime soon.

I thought the testing kits for NHS staff were arriving with us today for delivery and to expect them to be present in designated post boxes for collection using special meaures as from tomorrow (Thursday 2/4).

01 Apr 2020, 16:22

Just heard on the news that an employee has tested positive for the virus at Amazon in Dunfermline. I wonder how many other people he or she has infected. Not only that but the person has probably infected items in the warehouse.

This s*** is getting out of control. Also I wonder what preventive measures are being done.

01 Apr 2020, 16:48

Amazon staff in the US are walking out at various depots

01 Apr 2020, 18:16

On BBC News website posted today says M&S staff are getting bonus for coming in and working thru the crsis

01 Apr 2020, 21:59

smok3y666 wrote:On BBC News website posted today says M&S staff are getting bonus for coming in and working thru the crsis

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52119560

03 Apr 2020, 22:53

k979aaa wrote:
smok3y666 wrote:On BBC News website posted today says M&S staff are getting bonus for coming in and working thru the crsis

Yes I saw that. Working in a supermarket isn't much fun though nowadays as they are constantly being watched by cameras and being pressured to work faster when on the checkouts. They deserve any bonus they receive. I think it's fair to say we have better jobs than them at the moment. Our future is maybe less certain than theirs though.

04 Apr 2020, 00:08

Celgar wrote:
k979aaa wrote:

Yes I saw that. Working in a supermarket isn't much fun though nowadays as they are constantly being watched by cameras and being pressured to work faster when on the checkouts. They deserve any bonus they receive. I think it's fair to say we have better jobs than them at the moment. Our future is maybe less certain than theirs though.

If you do rubbish at school
you will be stacking shelves at the supermarket
And now with 75% of the UK workforce furloughed in the service industry.
Now we are key workers
yet no PPE for all of us
It is a disaster waiting to happen
And yet we are key to stop the spread of this at the cost of our lives and our family's
but it is the only job in town but many of us are old and expected to do our death sentence for the sake of a nation
Which did not care about our pensions or welfare in the past
IS THE FUTURE GOING TO CHANGE THAT AFTER THIS PANDEMIC!

04 Apr 2020, 00:28

k979aaa wrote:
Celgar wrote:
k979aaa wrote:

Now we are key workers
yet no PPE for all of us
And yet we are key to stop the spread of this at the cost of our lives and our family's
but it is the only job in town but many of us are old and expected to do our death sentence for the sake of a nation

Well, allow me to retort. There may be some graduates who are stocking shelves in the supermarkets. Tough times etc.
Some of us do have PPE.
How are we key in stopping the spread of the virus?
And how are we expected to do our 'death sentence' for the sake of the nation? If you're 'old', as you say, then you should be in isolation.
The future is going to change, no question, but the aftermath has yet to be established.

04 Apr 2020, 01:33

ssdd wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
Celgar wrote:
k979aaa wrote:

Now we are key workers
yet no PPE for all of us

Well, allow me to retort. There may be some graduates who are stocking shelves in the supermarkets. Tough times etc.
Some of us do have PPE.
How are we key in stopping the spread of the virus?
And how are we expected to do our 'death sentence' for the sake of the nation? If you're 'old', as you say, then you should be in isolation.
The future is going to change, no question, but the aftermath has yet to be established.

One a job in a supermarket is now a key job where as it was seen as low skilled.
As to PPE it is hazard ie it could be different from one place to another but our is cack!
By deliver in supplies and letters and parcels which may include prescriptions and other products but food is sometimes sent in the post.
We all bear our illness just because you don't get a letter saying you should stay off for 12 weeks does not mean you don't have underlying conditions and in any event people have died with none!
As to the future we should hold all accountable people to account just taking a word that they had it or not not disbelieving we need a government for all. But with our freedoms we had once before this sad time!

05 Apr 2020, 09:05

All the lower paid are left in the firing line of this horrific disease . Care workers, nhs staff, shop workers,bin men and us . Were all supposdly (key workers) yet the duty of care and ppe has been a joke. Rico we wont forget this .

05 Apr 2020, 09:16

Nothing will change, the CEO's will get a big pat on the back and an nice bonus for keeping the grubby classes working during these hard times, doing a couple of hours work remotely in their second home on the coast in between drinking a nice bottle Burgundy.

05 Apr 2020, 19:55

Chelseablue wrote:All the lower paid are left in the firing line of this horrific disease . Care workers, nhs staff, shop workers,bin men and us . Were all supposdly (key workers) yet the duty of care and ppe has been a joke. Rico we wont forget this .

Maybe we could all remind him by working 1 hour less a week thus exposing us one hour less a week.

14 Apr 2020, 16:34

Well I just read on the BBC Next have reopened their website to orders, then had to suspend it again due to high demand...

14 Apr 2020, 17:01

Mark_F wrote:Well I just read on the BBC Next have reopened their website to orders, then had to suspend it again due to high demand...

They have put a limit on orders.
As soon as the limit is reached they close the website.

14 Apr 2020, 17:16

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Mark_F wrote:Well I just read on the BBC Next have reopened their website to orders, then had to suspend it again due to high demand...

They have put a limit on orders.
As soon as the limit is reached they close the website.

Yes, limits as they have many staff on training.

As staff finish training and go back to the workplace, those limits will be increased.

Hopefully demand will drop at some point (not just with Next, with everything) to a more manageable level so we can catch back up.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2