not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Dividends Going To Posties...

26 Mar 2020, 16:58

Not sure if this has already been mentioned elsewhere but I feel it's worthy of it's own thread anyway.

How about we start a campaign or petition calling for the remaining RMG dividends for 2020 to be redirected from the shareholders and paid direct to front line Operational Grade staff as a way of saying thank you for their efforts in keeping the company going throughout this crisis?

I can't see how anyone, either RM or the shareholders, could object to this without coming out of it looking very bad?

26 Mar 2020, 17:03

wacko74 wrote:Not sure if this has already been mentioned elsewhere but I feel it's worthy of it's own thread anyway.

How about we start a campaign or petition calling for the remaining RMG dividends for 2020 to be redirected from the shareholders and paid direct to front line Operational Grade staff as a way of saying thank you for their efforts in keeping the company going throughout this crisis?

I can't see how anyone, either RM or the shareholders, could object to this without coming out of it looking very bad?

That's if there is a dividend.......

26 Mar 2020, 18:46

wacko74 wrote:Not sure if this has already been mentioned elsewhere but I feel it's worthy of it's own thread anyway.

If you'd kept your shares or invested in more, then you would be getting the dividends ,as said above, while they last. Judging by the amount of companies cutting and cancelling dividends, Royal mail will definitely follow suit.

26 Mar 2020, 18:49

rambo1 wrote:

If you'd kept your shares or invested in more, then you would be getting the dividends ,as said above, while they last. Judging by the amount of companies cutting and cancelling dividends, Royal mail will definitely follow suit.

How do you know I haven't kept my shares and invested in more?

Some of us are capable of altruistic thinking.

26 Mar 2020, 18:57

Now's the time to invest in shares not only Royal Mail. They will take time to get up to their normal value but they will

26 Mar 2020, 19:21

I think Royal Mail should take a long look at themselves and consider offering free shares to its workforce to the value of any extra profits they are making during this period we are all expected to work.
This would be a way to thank the staff for it's efforts during a time most would not wish to be putting themselves or family at risk whilst still investing in the company and show that they are not in this for the money, but I won't hold my breath.
It would also have been nice to of seen all management and even CWU workers joining us in delevering the extra workload to set an example being they were so quick to put us forward without consulting us or making sure we we were all supplied with the correct or in some cases any PPE.
I wonder if any Royal Mail or CWU offices have been closed due to the 2 meter rule/Coronavirus?

26 Mar 2020, 21:48

Asda are giving their staff an extra weeks pay in june to say thank you, aldi are giving their staff a 10% bonus as a thank you for their hard work during this pandemic, what will we get..... more cuts to the workforce, more lapsing, more door to doors and if we dont like it we know where the door is

26 Mar 2020, 22:16

SW17 wrote:I think Royal Mail should take a long look at themselves and consider offering free shares to its workforce to the value of any extra profits they are making during this period we are all expected to work.?

Extra profit, they must be bleeding money with the amount off sick and the overtime being paid.

26 Mar 2020, 23:53

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
SW17 wrote:I think Royal Mail should take a long look at themselves and consider offering free shares to its workforce to the value of any extra profits they are making during this period we are all expected to work.?

Extra profit, they must be bleeding money with the amount off sick and the overtime being paid.

Well we shall have to wait and see, the first quarter results will give that answer.

27 Mar 2020, 10:39

SW17 wrote:
Grumpyoldmailman wrote:

Well we shall have to wait and see, the first quarter results will give that answer.

Business not in the best shape. Divi gone.

27 Mar 2020, 11:03

To preserve cash the Board intends not to propose a final dividend.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 38&t=95022

27 Mar 2020, 16:31

Rico has read the thread Wacko and cancelled the dividend, no word of him taking a pay cut but it looks like the finance director has paid the price.

27 Mar 2020, 16:52

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:Rico has read the thread Wacko and cancelled the dividend, no word of him taking a pay cut but it looks like the finance director has paid the price.

Quell surprise!

Are we the first big PLC to suspend divi's as a result of Coronavirus?

I've not heard of any other comparable sized companies doing this so soon.

The cynic in me thinks yet again this is Rico doing his best to talk down the prospects of RM in order to force through the changes he wants to make in the face of any opposition from the CWU and OFCOM

27 Mar 2020, 17:53

wacko74 wrote:Are we the first big PLC to suspend divi's as a result of Coronavirus?

A few big companies have announced suspending dividend over last few days. Persimmon Homes, ITV, M&S, InterContinental Hotels to name a few.

They all need the cash right now. It's likely to get messy everywhere.

27 Mar 2020, 19:52

wacko74 wrote:The cynic in me thinks yet again this is Rico doing his best to talk down the prospects of RM in order to force through the changes he wants to make in the face of any opposition from the CWU and OFCOM

He doesn’t need to talk the prospects down his actions do that.

28 Mar 2020, 09:33

The government needs cash too maybe he could do a voluntary donation or the UK gov will raid his Swiss bank account and reprocess his palace!

28 Mar 2020, 17:58

wacko74 wrote:
Grumpyoldmailman wrote:Rico has read the thread Wacko and cancelled the dividend, no word of him taking a pay cut but it looks like the finance director has paid the price.

Quell surprise!

The cynic in me thinks yet again this is Rico doing his best to talk down the prospects of RM in order to force through the changes he wants to make in the face of any opposition from the CWU and OFCOM

It'd be easier to list the companies who are keeping their dividend. Some have even cancelled declared dividends.

29 Mar 2020, 07:42

wacko74 wrote:

Quell surprise!

No:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... disruption

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... oronavirus

The total amount of dividends cancelled this year so far has reached £1.5bn, as every sector of the economy feels the impact of the pandemic. On Monday the companies scrapping payouts to save cash included the B&Q and Screwfix owner Kingfisher, the broadcaster ITV, the bus operators Stagecoach and Go-Ahead and the clothing retailer N Brown, whose brands include Simply Be and Jacamo.

https://www.sharecast.com/news/weekly-r ... 03901.html

Rentokil Initial has cancelled its dividend and cut the pay of its top people in an effort to conserve more than £500m in cash after the Covid-19 crisis hit its business.

Online real estate agent Rightmove cancelled its dividend and pulled full year guidance as due to uncertainties caused by the impact of Covid-19.

Waste management company Biffa cancelled its dividend on Wednesday and said it will not be providing any guidance for FY21 as it expects the Covid-19 outbreak to cause "significant" disruption to its operations.

Transport operator Stagecoach issued a profit warning on Monday adding that it was unlikely to pay any further dividends as the coronavirus pandemic hit passenger numbers.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1