not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Office grinding to s halt

26 Mar 2020, 07:18

Numerous staff not attending for obvious and understandable reasons , managers working from home etc .Office is slowly but surely not functioning , will be be paid if sent home ?

26 Mar 2020, 07:56

Nobody telling us anything, same where I work, this Rocco block not said anything, that is bad when we are in these challenging times, we are risking our own health for RM & people like him can’t even be bothered to speak to us, he needs to go been a disaster since he came, At my depot the union have gone very quite, not heard anything from them either.

26 Mar 2020, 08:08

Woody 38 , totally agree , his silence has been deafening .Management here haven't a clue , re this crisis , in fact two here f****d off and are working from home , whilst we put ourselves at risk .Hopefully we pull through this and at the other side realise what a bastard of a company we all work for and wise up and don't do these people any favours as management's true colours have been seen in this crisis

26 Mar 2020, 12:44

Silent bad deadly springs to mind. This CEO is pretty ignorant to the fact there is a crisis but some of the units are working as normal pretending that nothing has happened.

At least all the other CEO's were in some sort of communication with the union and the workforce. It's all about the money and not about the people.

26 Mar 2020, 13:05

Manager announced that Rico had a vid for us to watch, thanking us.
Huge shouts of abuse. Manager says " fair play, f**k him!"

26 Mar 2020, 15:53

A statement did come out a few days ago, see thread https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=94757&hilit=where+is+rico

See page 2 of thread and statement info provided by Postman

26 Mar 2020, 19:58

luddite wrote:Manager announced that Rico had a vid for us to watch, thanking us.
Huge shouts of abuse. Manager says " fair play, f**k him!"

Nice one!

26 Mar 2020, 23:51

ricos statement wasn't a thank u but a warning there would be changes in the future. We are risking our lives for the expletive even after he basically tells us many of yas are getting sacked after this. :evil/mad

28 Mar 2020, 13:54

Gradually things are getting worse every day, RM are doing nothing of course people are going to be anxious when u have 100 people working in close contact to each other, what I would do is temporary have the Mail sorted till 7.00am anything not sorted can. Be sorted later, postie coming in about 30 a time get them in and out so there less people around

28 Mar 2020, 14:01

woody38 wrote:Gradually things are getting worse every day, RM are doing nothing of course people are going to be anxious when u have 100 people working in close contact to each other, what I would do is temporary have the Mail sorted till 7.00am anything not sorted can. Be sorted later, postie coming in about 30 a time get them in and out so there less people around

Went in today and the office was full no social distancing at all. This is not hard, full timers put the mech in for all duties and go deliver their duties and p/t come in at 11.00 am and prep the rest of their frames and go and deliver. Why are mangers finding it hard to do this?

28 Mar 2020, 14:12

Because they haven’t a Scooby doo, I must have a sick sense of humour but it is nice to c them stressing out as less people come in & more jobs don’t go out. There’s an old saying what goes around comes around.

28 Mar 2020, 15:12

NEXT has taken the first step in closing down their online operation the other day. I think within the next two weeks RM will be closed down until the virus subsides or is gone.

28 Mar 2020, 15:24

Why should a part time worker come in at 11?

quote="twiddledumb"]
woody38 wrote:Gradually things are getting worse every day, RM are doing nothing of course people are going to be anxious when u have 100 people working in close contact to each other, what I would do is temporary have the Mail sorted till 7.00am anything not sorted can. Be sorted later, postie coming in about 30 a time get them in and out so there less people around

Went in today and the office was full no social distancing at all. This is not hard, full timers put the mech in for all duties and go deliver their duties and p/t come in at 11.00 am and prep the rest of their frames and go and deliver. Why are mangers finding it hard to do this?[/quote]

28 Mar 2020, 17:02

twiddledumb wrote:

Went in today and the office was full no social distancing at all. This is not hard, full timers put the mech in for all duties and go deliver their duties and p/t come in at 11.00 am and prep the rest of their frames and go and deliver. Why are mangers finding it hard to do this?

Maybe coz pt don't want to work till 6pm

28 Mar 2020, 17:06

rambo1 wrote:
twiddledumb wrote:

:thumbup

28 Mar 2020, 17:16

These are extreme times & I don’t want to be out to 4pm, but I don’t want to catch this disease either, so out of the 2 I would rather stay out later. The way it’s going on delivery no 2 metres apart I can c a mass walk out, some at my old depot have already walked out claiming managers are not protecting them.

28 Mar 2020, 20:56

rambo1 wrote:
twiddledumb wrote:

My delivery is only 4 hours long, so no problem finishing that late.

30 Mar 2020, 19:28

ViperF wrote:Why should a part time worker come in at 11?

quote="twiddledumb"]

[/quote]
How many vans does your office have? :shock:

We'd have to wait for the first duties to return, ergo the likely 5pm+ finish.

30 Mar 2020, 22:06

Some of ours are useing buses, having bags dropped off, like the old days

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1