not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Plantar fasciitis

22 Jan 2020, 08:18

Been in agony some days with this doctor has told me an injection in the heel could be best option,anyone had this done would you be ok for work next day or would you get signed off for a period of rest ,any info much appreciated.

Plantar fasciitis

22 Jan 2020, 09:05

comeracing wrote:Been in agony some days with this doctor has told me an injection in the heel could be best option,anyone had this done would you be ok for work next day or would you get signed off for a period of rest ,any info much appreciated.

Hello had this my self excruciating pain.Was told by the doctor Plantar fasciitis you do need time off so the muscle mends because thats what you've damaged.It fixed its self in about a week I got a sick note I think for two.

Plantar fasciitis

22 Jan 2020, 15:06

I feel your pain... literally!! Had the injection twice so far, about 2 years apart, trust me you won’t be at work the next day, it is mega painful, 2-3 days off after is what I’d say, good luck!!

Plantar fasciitis

22 Jan 2020, 16:07

hello . yes its awful.....had it for 6 years never really gets better , but you can manage it, …..I went to the doctor who referred me to a nhs podiatrist ….the put my feet in a sponge mould and 4/6 weeks later a FREE pair of insoles that are custom to you and your condition ….I return every ten months to repeat my prescription .Lived with it now for years ….the joy of being a postman ….the injection would numb it for a period , quarterzone ? , you can have a maximum of 3 of those ..lads in work have had that then back to the insoles as it wheres off....Get a referral from your Doctor

Plantar fasciitis

22 Jan 2020, 17:51

Do stretches in the morning stretching your tendon and calf muscle also at night sit on edge of bed and roll frozen bottle of water underneath from heel to toe mines gone doing this for a while only do stretches now in the morning

Plantar fasciitis

22 Jan 2020, 18:46

Had it for 5 years and then cured it. Biggest breakthrough was when I started to stretch my hips which helps you walk better and puts less impact onto the foot.

This guy is the B's Knees IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsYLsjXVLR8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulgAOykAgV4

Plantar fasciitis

22 Jan 2020, 19:27

comeracing wrote:Been in agony some days with this doctor has told me an injection in the heel could be best option,anyone had this done would you be ok for work next day or would you get signed off for a period of rest ,any info much appreciated.


You don't need any injections. Just do a few regular 'flicking' exercises with affected leg, mimicking kicking a ball with your heel, and hey presto! And don't where thin heeled boots and be careful not to compress your heel by jumping over walls etc.

Plantar fasciitis

28 Mar 2020, 08:18

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Massage-Forear ... 287&sr=8-5

Really helped me.

Plantar fasciitis

28 Mar 2020, 09:36

comeracing wrote:Been in agony some days with this doctor has told me an injection in the heel could be best option,anyone had this done would you be ok for work next day or would you get signed off for a period of rest ,any info much appreciated.


I had cortisone injection abut 6 years ago, resolved the situation overnight. It is really painful but I was back at work the next day, I was late 30s at the time. I have had no issues since, although other posters are correct in saying the procedure generally needs to be repeated when the damage returns. I'd recommend it from my experience, but like others have had said stretch those hips and get some decent shoes.

regards

Plantar fasciitis

28 Mar 2020, 16:33

Had this last year, didnt have an injection just got told to stay off work till it relaxed itself, took about 2 weeks of hobbiling around.

Plantar fasciitis

28 Mar 2020, 20:41

bergos wrote:Had this last year, didnt have an injection just got told to stay off work till it relaxed itself, took about 2 weeks of hobbiling around.

Lucky you now in my 5th yr with it.

Plantar fasciitis

28 Mar 2020, 23:45

aiden01 wrote:
bergos wrote:Had this last year, didnt have an injection just got told to stay off work till it relaxed itself, took about 2 weeks of hobbiling around.

Lucky you now in my 5th yr with it.


Do you wear Royal Mails footware? I can't be sure but I had been wearing the boots found them to be horrible for day to day walking around, after the problem was sorted I started to wear my own shoes, gel insoles and havn't had the problem return yet.

Plantar fasciitis

29 Mar 2020, 12:05

bergos wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
bergos wrote:Had this last year, didnt have an injection just got told to stay off work till it relaxed itself, took about 2 weeks of hobbiling around.

Lucky you now in my 5th yr with it.


Do you wear Royal Mails footware? I can't be sure but I had been wearing the boots found them to be horrible for day to day walking around, after the problem was sorted I started to wear my own shoes, gel insoles and havn't had the problem return yet.

No and havnt done for years buy my own trainers then claim £34 off rm.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1