not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Christmas LAT duty

19 Nov 2019, 21:30

Just some advice please.

I’m nearly four months in to the job. I’m on a PT 27.5hr a week contract but have been working around 40 hrs a week.
Really enjoying it. Get on very well with the job.

Just found out today that I am doing LAT duties all throughout December. What can I expect and does this start in the afternoons usually, or is this an all day thing?

Christmas LAT duty

22 Nov 2019, 21:47

infectiousbreaks wrote:Just some advice please.

I’m nearly four months in to the job. I’m on a PT 27.5hr a week contract but have been working around 40 hrs a week.

Just found out today that I am doing LAT duties all throughout December. What can I expect and does this start in the afternoons usually, or is this an all day thing?

I did a LATs duty for a couple of weeks & I did 1030-3ish. Or I did until they decided there were spare loops to complete or someone went off sick :d'oh!

Obviously the LATs come in later than everything else but they're ready at our MC by 10 meaning that if a manager or spare driver goes out to fetch them ASAP we can deliver them much earlier than would have been the case had we waited for the truck to bring them in with everything else.

Christmas LAT duty

23 Nov 2019, 17:13

Where are all these LAT offices?
Spread evenly around the country?

Christmas LAT duty

24 Nov 2019, 14:29

MOGGY346 wrote:Where are all these LAT offices?
Spread evenly around the country?

Spread all over the country. I think the nearest one to our DO is five or six miles away.

Christmas LAT duty

24 Nov 2019, 23:41

infectiousbreaks wrote:Just some advice please.

If your contracted hours are in the morning and ur wanting the o/t, i'd tell the boss no problem u'll be happily do it on o/t (assuming the LATs is an afternoon shift). Obviousily if you'd rather just do the LATs thats up to you and whatever suits your needs.

LATs are good during the summer with light. In the winter its not so great. Its dark & u cant read street names, house numbers or names. The same number of parcels take longer to do & we fail more parcels in the dark. Driving conditions are also worse so you have to drive with even more care than in the summer.

Overall its a cosy wee shift if u can explain to your manager why u were sitting about for 5 minutes here & there, why you were walking in circles there.

My contract has changed from previous years & the manager was expecting me to cover the same role as the last few xmas. He was politely told to train someone else up as i'm not getting shafted this year.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1