not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

poll cards and election material.

14 Nov 2019, 06:10

correct me if i'm wrong, but seeing as we get an extra payment for the above, isn't this classed as overtime and therefore we should refuse to do them, considering the outrageous decision by the judge, this royal mail board will stop at nothing to win this dispute and they will have the full backing of this government as well, you cannot win industrial disputes with just a ballot anymore, if it wasn't the opening of postal ballots in the office, it would have been something else, we have to be as clever as them now. I believe working to rule, which has been discussed on here, whilst being a good thing, will only lead to suspensions and sackings, by this board, as terry said, we are in the fight of our lives!!!

14 Nov 2019, 06:44

You try getting 110 thousand employees, working to rule.. impossible..

14 Nov 2019, 06:58

osgoody1970 wrote:correct me if i'm wrong, but seeing as we get an extra payment for the above, isn't this classed as overtime and therefore we should refuse to do them, considering the outrageous decision by the judge, this royal mail board will stop at nothing to win this dispute and they will have the full backing of this government as well, you cannot win industrial disputes with just a ballot anymore, if it wasn't the opening of postal ballots in the office, it would have been something else, we have to be as clever as them now. I believe working to rule, which has been discussed on here, whilst being a good thing, will only lead to suspensions and sackings, by this board, as terry said, we are in the fight of our lives!!!

roadrunner bill wrote:You try getting 110 thousand employees, working to rule.. impossible..

"Working to rule" would have to be balloted for just like a strike would, AFAIK "working to rule" is classed as industrial action

14 Nov 2019, 07:32

... but can you opt out of doing poll cards and election material?

14 Nov 2019, 08:19

Jahpostie wrote:... but can you opt out of doing poll cards and election material?

no, but if say you get leaflets that could put your safety at risk, i.e racist party material and you deliver in a diverse community then yes

14 Nov 2019, 09:26

world class male wrote:
Jahpostie wrote:... but can you opt out of doing poll cards and election material?

no, but if say you get leaflets that could put your safety at risk, i.e racist party material and you deliver in a diverse community then yes

or just say you don't want the cash...politics is against your personal beliefs...and carry on regardless. if they are thrown in for you do what you can in time allocated and get it in writing so you can bring back/tel boss at pre-arranged time to say you are unable to complete. All overtime is voluntary and if you opt out on personal beliefs you may be put on another duty whilst someone else does the election materials on your (regular) duty, too. Either way you are not obliged to do them except in normal working contracted hours...UNLESS you feel your safety is at issue - as per previous post...then don't do them at all, even if someone else puts em in...you wouldn't be expected to handle, disseminate or deliver potentially inflammatory stuff

(I wonder if Tory leaflets are classed as anti-poor/anti-working class/ anti-nhs/anti-education for all/ elitist and in particular pro-tax dodgers/ anti-immigration/ anti green policy/ pro Trump etc...if any of that goes against your personal beliefs then maybe pick and choose which party(-s) you wish to get paid for delivering their rhetoric/manifestos/promises...)

Any party against workers rights would be 'fair game' if you ask me. I'm sure there are a few working class tories who would love to deliver 'em in my high rise estate/social housing areas. As it is a busy time of year then 'choosing' to do 'em or not is a personal decision based on whether one wants the associated coin from such political bumf....? Legal CWU backed thoughts, please....democracy is not being held to ransom if you don't take the voluntary overtime $cash...scab-that, RM :thumbup

14 Nov 2019, 11:54

world class male wrote:

no

That would make it compulsory overtime.

I object to being forced to do election material at any time, never mind during a dispute.

14 Nov 2019, 15:15

NewPostieUK wrote:
world class male wrote:

no

That would make it compulsory overtime.

I object to being forced to do election material at any time, never mind during a dispute.

They just tell you to take enough up to your time or put you on a different walk without them

14 Nov 2019, 15:26

Well have enough on our working class plates with xmas stress etc, not interested in election stuff. They are all self serving muppets anyway politicians . Q ,,So managers all got bonuses and pay rises is that right? What happens to this hour later start for us , do we now get that extra in our pay?

14 Nov 2019, 19:22

The local council here have announced the list of candidates so I reckon the postal vote forms will go out within the next few days

15 Nov 2019, 07:33

About 10 years ago I saw a council employee out delivering polling cards himself he was getting paid 25p PER CARD and, as I say, that was 10 years ago!

The other day our DOM was giving us the usual pep talk (although it had just the opposite on me) that RM generate £40m revenue from all election material and of that £10m comes to us posties... so despite our part of the process being far and away the most time and labour intensive part of it all, we're only receiving 25% of the revenue generated by all this stuff.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1