not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

1pm special

13 Nov 2019, 16:14

hi all some advice please ,really busy today & delivered last special at 1.03 pm so what sort of action am I facing tomoz ??

1pm special

13 Nov 2019, 16:43

Nothing don't worry yourself about it, if it is brought up, they'll probably just tell you to try to better plan/organise yourself so that they're all delivered well in time. Don't worry about it though, if it was heavy, they'll understand if you perhaps misjudged how long it would take you to deliver certain parts of your delivery. :thumbup

1pm special

13 Nov 2019, 19:25

Just say you misjudged how long it would take your PDA to do anything since the last software upgrade :wink:

Joking aside, should just be a slapped wrist at worst, don't make a habit of it though.

1pm special

13 Nov 2019, 19:41

Having to reboot your PDA takes around 4 minutes now :)

1pm special

13 Nov 2019, 20:04

JohnsonJohnson wrote:Having to reboot your PDA takes around 4 minutes now :)

are we good?

1pm special

13 Nov 2019, 20:40

thanks for advice all

1pm special

14 Nov 2019, 00:57

If it happens again, stop the clock. Example, if you are stuck in traffic scan as N/A if you know you are going to be late. Then take the Reg to the customer, if they are in rescan it, if they are not, take no further action because you have already scanned it. Job done!

1pm special

14 Nov 2019, 07:02

westham000 wrote:If it happens again, stop the clock. Example, if you are stuck in traffic scan as N/A if you know you are going to be late. Then take the Reg to the customer, if they are in rescan it, if they are not, take no further action because you have already scanned it. Job done!

Probably a little risky doing that, what if something goes wrong, the manager would look at the GPS location and see that the scan wasn't done at the delivery point

1pm special

14 Nov 2019, 18:23

Can't see it being a problem unless the customer kicks off that it wasn't delivered by 1pm.

1pm special

14 Nov 2019, 20:22

Jeppol wrote:Can't see it being a problem unless the customer kicks off that it wasn't delivered by 1pm.

Any scan after 1pm will go down as a failure. Stopping the clock, we've been told, is no longer an option. Say you go out your way to do before one, and they're not in, then you see them when you deliver later, you cannot then scan and deliver it if its after one. It will go down as failure. Fantastic service we give isn't it. Royal fail yet again.

1pm special

14 Nov 2019, 20:44

rambo1 wrote:
Jeppol wrote:Can't see it being a problem unless the customer kicks off that it wasn't delivered by 1pm.

Any scan after 1pm will go down as a failure. Stopping the clock, we've been told, is no longer an option. Say you go out your way to do before one, and they're not in, then you see them when you deliver later, you cannot then scan and deliver it if its after one. It will go down as failure. Fantastic service we give isn't it. Royal fail yet again.

Wasn't aware of that, so if you go back later then in that case & they ask for the special that you attempted to deliver earlier you have to refuse them having it ?

1pm special

14 Nov 2019, 20:49

Jeppol wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

Wasn't aware of that, so if you go back later then in that case & they ask for the special that you attempted to deliver earlier you have to refuse them having it ?

Yes.
The postage is automatically refunded to the sender and compensation is paid as well without question. It is our gold standard product so best not to make a mistake with them.

1pm special

14 Nov 2019, 21:40

Celgar wrote:
Jeppol wrote:
rambo1 wrote:

Yes.
The postage is automatically refunded to the sender and compensation is paid as well without question. It is our gold standard product so best not to make a mistake with them.

Really?
I do this nearly on a weekly basis with one of my customers. Never in when I first get round and I often drop it off at the end of round if I have time. Never been pulled once

1pm special

14 Nov 2019, 22:03

Celgar wrote:Yes.

Are you sure? I thought compensation was only paid if a complaint was made by the customer and the first delivery attempt was made after the deadline. Are you sure the refund is automatic?

1pm special

14 Nov 2019, 22:49

rambo1 wrote:

I've done this a few times & I've never had anything come back. E.g. most weeks in WTLL our lino will announce SD failures in our particular section and it is pretty rare that we have any.

Presumed I was doing a good deed :crazy:

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2