not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Poll cards

10 Nov 2019, 15:03

What exactly is the point of them? Especially ones with 'we'll send your postal vote on X day'. You don't even need them to vote (currently). Complete waste of our time and public money if you ask me.

Poll cards

10 Nov 2019, 16:23

Seymour Buts wrote:What exactly is the point of them? Especially ones with 'we'll send your postal vote on X day'. You don't even need them to vote (currently). Complete waste of our time and public money if you ask me.

I look at them as getting £40-50 for at most 90 minutes extra work.

Poll cards

10 Nov 2019, 18:00

Don't get me wrong, I get around about 1200 on my duty so it ain't a bad little earner I just don't see what the point of them is.

Poll cards

10 Nov 2019, 19:47

Seymour Buts wrote:Don't get me wrong, I get around about 1200 on my duty so it ain't a bad little earner I just don't see what the point of them is.

It is to tell you where you can vote stations change and this year schools will be busy with plays nativity and such and if you have a postal vote and when you can expect it if not phone this number!

Poll cards

10 Nov 2019, 21:40

What are we meant to get paid for them?

Thanks

Poll cards

10 Nov 2019, 23:13

smartecosse wrote:What are we meant to get paid for them?

Thanks

About 6.6p per item before stoppages.
Poll cards are proof that you have the right to vote. There is a lot of fiddling going on with voting so we probably are not far off having to provide photo identification to be able to vote.

Poll cards

10 Nov 2019, 23:26

Celgar wrote:

Thanks

Poll cards are proof that you have the right to vote. There is a lot of fiddling going on with voting so we probably are not far off having to provide photo identification to be able to vote.

3.5p for us, surely someone is stiffing us

Poll cards

11 Nov 2019, 00:00

Hi,
Do you get paid for prepping and delivery separate or only as one payment?

Poll cards

11 Nov 2019, 01:14

Given how long RM has had the CSS and iLSMs I'm surprised that in that time RM hasn't worked with election officials to ensure that the poll cards would be better suited for being run through CSS and iLSMs. If they get put through a CSS machine, a good few get rejected on the second pass

Poll cards

11 Nov 2019, 06:03

for those who do not get paid the 6p per item its down to local issues / agreements
refuse to deliver them as an office and they will renegotiate for higher rate
its all about calling their bluff
if your only getting 3p think of how much is going in as mgmt savings to boost their bonus fund

Poll cards

11 Nov 2019, 09:41

SpacePhoenix wrote:Given how long RM has had the CSS and iLSMs I'm surprised that in that time RM hasn't worked with election officials to ensure that the poll cards would be better suited for being run through CSS and iLSMs. If they get put through a CSS machine, a good few get rejected on the second pass

Poll cards are very poorly designed. Some can contain up to 3 addresses on the front hence the instruction is not to put them through the machines. If they were then they would blow MDEC out of the water as very few would be read online.

Poll cards

11 Nov 2019, 20:45

Celgar wrote:

Thanks

You don't need to take them to vote. If you did I'd quite understand the importance of them. Needing ID will probably depend on the outcome of this election to be fair, if the Tories win we'll almost certainly have to show ID to vote. Labour on the other hand claim this is straight up voter suppression. It certainly isn't voter suppression, there's not whole lot of evidence there's excessive amounts of fraud going on mind. Postal voting needs to be looked at, it's nearly impossible to tell if there's any fraud going on there.

Poll cards

11 Nov 2019, 21:44

Seymour Buts wrote:
Celgar wrote:

Thanks

You don't need to take them to vote. If you did I'd quite understand the importance of them. Needing ID will probably depend on the outcome of this election to be fair, if the Tories win we'll almost certainly have to show ID to vote. Labour on the other hand claim this is straight up voter suppression. It certainly isn't voter suppression, there's not whole lot of evidence there's excessive amounts of fraud going on mind. Postal voting needs to be looked at, it's nearly impossible to tell if there's any fraud going on there.

6p for the average 500 delivery points will be in the region of £300 and they must be delivered to only the addressee after an official photo ID check.

Poll cards

11 Nov 2019, 21:56

[/quote]

6p for the average 500 delivery points will be in the region of £300 and they must be delivered to only the addressee after an official photo ID check.[/quote]

500 X 6p = £30.

Poll cards

11 Nov 2019, 22:29

goneaway wrote:

6p for the average 500 delivery points will be in the region of £300 and they must be delivered to only the addressee after an official photo ID check.[/quote]

500 X 6p = £30.[/quote]

The average of Parties' letters are 10 alongside the polling cards

500 x 6p = 30 x 10 = £300

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2