not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Typical Royal Mail?

08 Nov 2019, 20:59

I've got a few things that I don't think are fair and I want to find out if I'm working what's expected or if they're ploughing more on because it benefits them. I started 5 months ago and I'm yet to have a Saturday off, I generally work 38+ hours despite being on a 28 hour contract. This doesn't bother me that much but I was asked last week if I'm able to work past my finish time over the holidays, they've been fairly good with making sure I'm paid correctly so I told them this isn't an issue. About 10 minutes after being asked this and something being written next to my name on a list a different manager came over and informed me that I'll be working 1pm-7pm over the Christmas period. Does this mean that I'll be under pressure to get back from a duty to get out on time or am I correct in thinking that my start time will be later?

I've also heard talk all of new starters have been having their 6 month probationary periods extended despite having impeccable attendance and no dispensaries. There are job vacancies still active and I don't want to continue taking on all the extra weekly hours, working days off, working evenings if they're going to screw me on my probationary period no matter what.

Does this sound normal? I'm half tempted to explain to them that if my probation period is extended (through no fault of my own) then I'll be looking to work only my contract hours (Whilst seeking employment elsewhere early next year). I'm fairly lucky in my current situation that I'm able to give an ultimatum and quite frankly keeping this job isn't high on my list of priorities.

Typical Royal Mail?

08 Nov 2019, 21:50

Get on to your rep if you have any objection to changing your hours. It LOOKS like the screws may want you to do parcel deliveries leading up to Xmas. There are several of these duties that are dished out to VOLUNTEERS at our d.o. every year. If it doesn't suit, don't go gently, they'll move onto someone else. They can't reasonably expect you to work so late if you can't/don't want to.

Typical Royal Mail?

08 Nov 2019, 22:29

Ryzard wrote:I've got a few things that I don't think are fair and I want to find out if I'm working what's expected or if they're ploughing more on because it benefits them. I started 5 months ago and I'm yet to have a Saturday off, I generally work 38+ hours despite being on a 28 hour contract. This doesn't bother me that much but I was asked last week if I'm able to work past my finish time over the holidays, they've been fairly good with making sure I'm paid correctly so I told them this isn't an issue. About 10 minutes after being asked this and something being written next to my name on a list a different manager came over and informed me that I'll be working 1pm-7pm over the Christmas period. Does this mean that I'll be under pressure to get back from a duty to get out on time or am I correct in thinking that my start time will be later?

I've also heard talk all of new starters have been having their 6 month probationary periods extended despite having impeccable attendance and no dispensaries. There are job vacancies still active and I don't want to continue taking on all the extra weekly hours, working days off, working evenings if they're going to screw me on my probationary period no matter what.

Does this sound normal? I'm half tempted to explain to them that if my probation period is extended (through no fault of my own) then I'll be looking to work only my contract hours (Whilst seeking employment elsewhere early next year). I'm fairly lucky in my current situation that I'm able to give an ultimatum and quite frankly keeping this job isn't high on my list of priorities.

If everyone is being kept on past probation what is the worry. do you not want to stay on

Typical Royal Mail?

09 Nov 2019, 06:08

aiden01 wrote:
Ryzard wrote:I've got a few things that I don't think are fair and I want to find out if I'm working what's expected or if they're ploughing more on because it benefits them. I started 5 months ago and I'm yet to have a Saturday off, I generally work 38+ hours despite being on a 28 hour contract. This doesn't bother me that much but I was asked last week if I'm able to work past my finish time over the holidays, they've been fairly good with making sure I'm paid correctly so I told them this isn't an issue. About 10 minutes after being asked this and something being written next to my name on a list a different manager came over and informed me that I'll be working 1pm-7pm over the Christmas period. Does this mean that I'll be under pressure to get back from a duty to get out on time or am I correct in thinking that my start time will be later?

If everyone is being kept on past probation what is the worry. do you not want to stay on

THeir probation periods keep being extended

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1