not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

PDA UPDATE : Please use this thread for any PDA problems!

08 Nov 2019, 20:50

our pdas had an update over the weekend, they constantly crashing unable to scan need rebooting, any other offices havin trouble with them since the new update??

POSTMAN EDIT : Please use this thread for any PDA problems!

PDA UPDATE

08 Nov 2019, 21:35

I find entering the name after scanning the bar code has become a pain , trying to tap on the line over and over to bring up the key pad.

PDA UPDATE

08 Nov 2019, 21:53

Yep nowt but hassles after the update, the person responsible needs their arse handing to them.

PDA UPDATE

09 Nov 2019, 03:31

Harv12 wrote:our pdas had an update over the weekend, they constantly crashing unable to scan need rebooting, any other offices havin trouble with them since the new update??

Yes definitely seems to be a problem with the software update. I have had 2 days with different PDAs since the update where the scanner kept failing after a couple of hours despite rebooting it/taking battery out etc (would not even accept adhoc manual delivery keying) and the software then kept crashing. The 1st time the PDA eventually gave up the ghost and stopped working completely although 2nd day I finally managed to get it working after rebooting it a few times.

PDA UPDATE

09 Nov 2019, 04:36

Happens every time we have a software update!!!! It then takes months and months of problems before the glitches are ironed out, then you get maybe a month or two of them working ok before another update is applied and it’s back to square one.

PDA UPDATE

09 Nov 2019, 10:43

Ha anyone wanted to lash it inside the van ??? :whistle :whistle :nervous

PDA UPDATE

09 Nov 2019, 14:45

Having the same issue withtrying to tap the line to input a name.. Did they even try it before implementing it?!

PDA UPDATE

09 Nov 2019, 15:22

Try using them on LATs!! Driving round areas you don’t know and the Sat Nav is telling you “no gps” so it won’t tell you where to go

PDA UPDATE

09 Nov 2019, 17:09

F**king joke today in the rain. Kept logging me out, pressing random buttons and freezing up. I bet the IT department doesn’t even know how s**t they are and we’ll be stuck with these problems all through the xmas period.

PDA UPDATE

09 Nov 2019, 20:49

This is called progress my dear colleagues, that is why you are humble posties ha ha.

PDA UPDATE

10 Nov 2019, 07:38

Amazon drivers don't have PDAs but rather must use their own phones ( after downloading an APP onto them !) They recieve an allowance of £36.00 per month for the privelage of having to pull out and use their phones in all weathers with the chance of water damage, breakage or loss being real issues.
I agree with the posts above.... the new software is slower and less efficient than before but far better than the solution Amazon have come up with for their couriers ???

PDA UPDATE

10 Nov 2019, 23:02

Decky Boy wrote:Amazon drivers don't have PDAs but rather must use their own phones ( after downloading an APP onto them !) They recieve an allowance of £36.00 per month for the privelage of having to pull out and use their phones in all weathers with the chance of water damage, breakage or loss being real issues.
I agree with the posts above.... the new software is slower and less efficient than before but far better than the solution Amazon have come up with for their couriers ???

so should we just be grateful or do we unionize our dissatisfaction with the conditions and terms of our employment/equipment/culture/management/pay and ACTUALLY WALK OUT ON BLOODY STRIKE...oh, yeh...97.1% of us are trying that...sorry, my sarcasm was not directed at you personally...just the gig economy looming really gets my goat...we are lucky only in so much that we are unionised and currently have terms and conditions...do not tolerate the shoddy equipment provided ps: the pen/paper FORM (pda fail) is mightier than the PDA...& PLEASE give it to management on return to office (ON TIME) :cool

PDA UPDATE

11 Nov 2019, 14:54

Decky Boy wrote:Amazon drivers don't have PDAs but rather must use their own phones ( after downloading an APP onto them !) They recieve an allowance of £36.00 per month for the privelage of having to pull out and use their phones in all weathers with the chance of water damage, breakage or loss being real issues.

Just use the £36 allowance to buy a phone just for work purposes. Doesnt have to be all singing all dancing just able to use the app.

PDA UPDATE

11 Nov 2019, 19:16

We don't have enough PDA's for Christmas at our delivery office and also have PDA's with smashed and cracked screens , some with defective batteries that don't hold their charge and others with scanning buttons that have fallen off.
Also at Christmas pressure we are not having any hire vans this year which means the ones doing parcel deliveries will have to wait until the postmen finish their delivery

PDA UPDATE

11 Nov 2019, 20:03

Marshamp11 wrote:

Just use the £36 allowance to buy a phone just for work purposes. Doesnt have to be all singing all dancing just able to use the app.

yeah that seems pretty decent to me, can get a pretty high end phone with good data plan and they basically cover much of the cost.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5