not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Can manager move me permanently from my own duty?

07 Nov 2019, 20:26

Just a quick question : Can manager move me permanently from my own duty to another one? He has no reason to move me,he just want to put one of the runners (because my van partner isnt the fastest person in managers eyes).He offered me another walks ( same hours,swapping with someone ) but I dont like it,and I dont want to be moved.What can I do ? Is there any agreement saying he is not allowed to move me? I am less than 6 months on duty.

07 Nov 2019, 21:37

Pancake123 wrote:Just a quick question : Can manager move me permanently from my own duty to another one? He has no reason to move me,he just want to put one of the runners (because my van partner isnt the fastest person in managers eyes).He offered me another walks ( same hours,swapping with someone ) but I dont like it,and I dont want to be moved.What can I do ? Is there any agreement saying he is not allowed to move me? I am less than 6 months on duty.

Union job. If it's your duty, it's your duty.

07 Nov 2019, 21:38

double post

08 Nov 2019, 20:32

You need to put in a grievance, this is a different process now involving a face to face meeting (accompanied) with the manager concerned, then if no agreement the DOM, then if no agreement outside officials and DSM

08 Nov 2019, 22:35

They can move you for operational reasons as they call it at any time.

09 Nov 2019, 06:28

Depends if u have signed for the job

09 Nov 2019, 16:54

Makes no difference if you have signed for a duty. You are paid between certain times and you can be asked to preform any work.

09 Nov 2019, 19:25

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:Makes no difference if you have signed for a duty. You are paid between certain times and you can be asked to preform any work.

I used to work with a bloke who was either second or third seniority in the office (obviously because he'd been there for so long). He only covered one town, but the town had five different duties, had his own duty and had had for years, but he got shifted around the town at the drop of a hat. It used to drive him and his work partner crazy. 30 years of service and he's still getting shifted from pillar to post.

10 Nov 2019, 09:49

Royal Mail can ask you to perform any task as long as it's reasonable and you have the adequate training. All this "it's my duty etc" is utter nonesense.

10 Nov 2019, 13:19

a few rsoles impersonating managers on this thread I fear .lm a 30 year plus postie and if I was yanked off my duty I would kick off big time and expect serious backing of union and fellow workers to many 5 year or less workers winging there tits off at getting moved around.we have all done the crap early doors we new the score then but didn't winge about it as much about then as they do now in my opinion at the end of the day seniority is all we have got in this job .

10 Nov 2019, 18:22

mags999 wrote:a few rsoles impersonating managers on this thread I fear .lm a 30 year plus postie and if I was yanked off my duty I would kick off big time and expect serious backing of union and fellow workers to many 5 year or less workers winging there tits off at getting moved around.we have all done the crap early doors we new the score then but didn't winge about it as much about then as they do now in my opinion at the end of the day seniority is all we have got in this job .

Load of crap above anyone can be moved onto any duty if they have had the training. You can throw your dummy out of the pram but you will still be wrong.

10 Nov 2019, 19:11

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:
mags999 wrote:a few rsoles impersonating managers on this thread I fear .lm a 30 year plus postie and if I was yanked off my duty I would kick off big time and expect serious backing of union and fellow workers to many 5 year or less workers winging there tits off at getting moved around.we have all done the crap early doors we new the score then but didn't winge about it as much about then as they do now in my opinion at the end of the day seniority is all we have got in this job .

Load of crap above anyone can be moved onto any duty if they have had the training. You can throw your dummy out of the pram but you will still be wrong.

They've tried to get rid of seniority for years but they haven't done it yet you troll mattjo1 :nana

10 Nov 2019, 20:32

Bahia Feliz wrote:
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:

They've tried to get rid of seniority for years but they haven't done it yet you troll mattjo1 :nana

Provided there's no medical issues and someone has had the training they can put you on any duty or section at any time. I guess that you've never looked at your 318, everyone's 318 has a line that reads something like "or as directed".

I don't think it'll be too long anyway before there's no fixed walks, once more packet sorting machines come online, combined with mech mail there's probably enough data to dynamically generate walks each day

11 Nov 2019, 20:07

SpacePhoenix wrote:
I don't think it'll be too long anyway before there's no fixed walks, once more packet sorting machines come online, combined with mech mail there's probably enough data to dynamically generate walks each day

I think theyd be silly to eliminate fixed walks completely, theres always an advantage to knowing an area. But i think youre right about dynamic walks each day, I think itll show you do your whole duty plus or minus a certain amount depending on traffic.
In the end you may as well sign for duties that are in nicer areas as we`ll all be likely working every hour by that stage.

11 Nov 2019, 20:19

Postie45 wrote: we`ll all be likely working every hour by that stage.

Some of us do already :shock:

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2