not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Informal attendance review

07 Nov 2019, 14:23

Invited to above , I am not on any stages but Dom states I was off 5 days Dec 2018 and 4 days in Nov 2917 , so there is a pattern forming , Jesus Christ have they nothing better to do !!!
Apparently they can do this under attendance procedure ? Any thoughts lads ?

07 Nov 2019, 14:30

Ignore it , tell them you can’t predict your illness throughout the years . It’s just another form of harassment. They have an attendance procedure and you are well within it .

07 Nov 2019, 15:57

From the new Attendance Agreement

Managing short term absence and informal absence review discussions guide.
This guide outlines the approach to take when managing short term absence and how these should be dealt with under the attendance policy including holding informal review discussions.

Overview
This guide sets out how to manage and support employees who are absent from work in Royal Mail Group for short periods of time. This should be read in conjunction with the Attendance Policy, as well as the related guidance documents listed in the ‘related forms and documents’ section later in the guide.

Purpose
Royal Mail Group recognises that during employment, there may be times when an employee will be absent from work, and it is important that the appropriate policies are in place to support them during these periods. Regular attendance by all employees is important to ensure that the business maintains our high levels of customer service. If employees are frequently absent, this will both place a burden on colleagues and will have a commercial impact on the business. Through identifying and discussing with an employee the underlying causes of their absence, attendance issues can often be resolved before they become a problem. The level of support required by the employee should be identified during discussions. These absences should also be discussed if they increase to a level that requires formal action through the Attendance Policy.

07 Nov 2019, 16:39

aah, the old ''pattern forming'' line......not that old chestnut!. its their way of telling you they are onto your ''games''. it IS the time of year for colds and flu, norovirus etc. so tell him to jog on. by the way, 2917 is 898 years away I doubt RM will be bothered about you by then :Very Happy

07 Nov 2019, 17:54

You could ask your manager to identify the underlying causes of your absence.

If he/she believes they are a regular occurrence that merits an informal discussion, what support can be offered?

07 Nov 2019, 18:25

Twice isn’t a pattern

07 Nov 2019, 18:25

You need to have an interview with your boss and ask the question why he can’t manage the sickness policy and procedure properly,he needs to go back to management school and brush up on a few things!

07 Nov 2019, 18:44

Seems a bit over the top....

Complete lack of trust from the management....which just leads to pissed off Posties. Not exactly motivational.

07 Nov 2019, 20:18

Pissed of is right !another form of harressment imo , laying down a marker , we are watching you , f__k off

09 Nov 2019, 07:05

I'd take out a grievance.

All absences are to be considered genuine. There is a clear inference that your absences are not being considered genuine since they refer to a "pattern".

I'd attend, but tell them you are recording entirety of conversation. When they ask why, tell them so you have recording to refer to for your grievance.

09 Nov 2019, 07:29

steve1873 wrote:I'd take out a grievance.

All absences are to be considered genuine. There is a clear inference that your absences are not being considered genuine since they refer to a "pattern".

I'd attend, but tell them you are recording entirety of conversation. When they ask why, tell them so you have recording to refer to for your grievance.

Excellent post and sound advice.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1