not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

From 38 to 35

02 Nov 2019, 05:58

I am transfer ing offices but have been told at my new office I will be getting 35 hours no 38 this is.a voluntary transfer

From 38 to 35

02 Nov 2019, 07:29

Think yourself lucky it's not 38 to 20

From 38 to 35

02 Nov 2019, 09:15

Yes lucky to get that, most offices don’t replace ft anymore.

From 38 to 35

02 Nov 2019, 19:52

very lucky tiger prob make it up by bringing you in early etc up to 38

From 38 to 35

02 Nov 2019, 22:08

And therein lies the puzzle. RM say we have to fund any further drop in hours in accordance with the Four Pillars Agreement ourselves yet are fully prepared to cap any rise in full time hours now at 35! They want their cake and eat it too.

From 38 to 35

05 Nov 2019, 14:11

Lahoretiger wrote:I am transfer ing offices but have been told at my new office I will be getting 35 hours no 38 this is.a voluntary transfer

So you won't get the full delivery supplement or Xmas bonus as you will be part time. I know they say the new full time is 35hrs but you are still classed as part time with anything less than 38 hr contract. Bunch of tozzers.

From 38 to 35

05 Nov 2019, 15:10

nickinoneck wrote:And therein lies the puzzle. RM say we have to fund any further drop in hours in accordance with the Four Pillars Agreement ourselves yet are fully prepared to cap any rise in full time hours now at 35! They want their cake and eat it too.

The CWU should never have pushed for the 35 hour week in the first place, it was clearly undeliverable.

To me, it just played into Royal Mail's hands, now nobody can get more than a 35 hours.

Yet, 38 hours will still be Full-time for the foreseeable...

From 38 to 35

05 Nov 2019, 16:05

nickinoneck wrote:And therein lies the puzzle. RM say we have to fund any further drop in hours in accordance with the Four Pillars Agreement ourselves yet are fully prepared to cap any rise in full time hours now at 35! They want their cake and eat it too.

Totally agree with your summation "nickinoneck" - The Four Pillars introduction stated "To rebuild confidence and trust to enable the business to grow, both parties are committed to working together to reinvigorate our agreements and develop an agreed joint mutual interest vision for Royal Mail, its customers, employees and stakeholders"

Also in relation to the SWW.
Your (managers) briefing pack Group Communications · February/March 2018

2. PAY AND SHORTER WORKING WEEK***
From October 2019, a further one-hour reduction to the working week, subject to a joint evaluation of factors including ongoing efficiency, implementation of changes from trials in the operation and technological changes.
A commitment to move towards a 35-hour week by 2022.
From October 2018, new full-time colleagues will be recruited on a 35-hour week.

5. PART-TIME COLLEAGUES
An increase in hourly rate of pay in October 2018 and 2019 to reflect the shorter working week of full-time colleagues. This is in addition to the pay award for all eligible colleagues.

We will honour our agreements regarding part-time colleagues:
In the context of our shared vision to achieve the 35 hour working week it is agreed our joint commitment is that this will be completed by 2022, and before that date where further reductions are agreed in connection with technological and operation change and pay reviews.
The first hour is proposed as part of the current pay deal for October 2018 (outlined in pay section above with further detail in the functional sections below), based on achievement of the detailed enablers.
A further hour will be linked to the 2019 pay review as detailed in the pay section of this agreement.

From 38 to 35

05 Nov 2019, 20:05

Why Cwu is not taking RM to court because they don`t respect the Agreement signed last year?
It`s not a binding agreement?

I don`t understand this????

From 38 to 35

06 Nov 2019, 19:00

Janet Brum wrote:Why Cwu is not taking RM to court because they don`t respect the Agreement signed last year?
It`s not a binding agreement?

I don`t understand this????

Unfortunately the statement in the agreement (below) was so vague RM could virtually say 'X wasn't achieved, Y wasn't achieved and neither
was Z, so no further hour off and no pay rise for P/T'ers.'

From October 2019, a further one-hour reduction to the working week, subject to a joint evaluation of factors including ongoing efficiency, implementation of changes from trials in the operation and technological changes.

Also any judge in a court would say 'I'm not even looking at this if you haven't been through the ACAS/mediation route, stop wasting my time!' - so
the CWU have to go through the agreed industrial mediation process.

From 38 to 35

06 Nov 2019, 20:00

But they did go through mediation process, the Cwu says they can`t publish the report wich recommended RM some advices they don`t want to listen...

This topic has more info: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 24#p869924

From 38 to 35

07 Nov 2019, 19:58

Janet Brum wrote:But they did go through mediation process, the Cwu says they can`t publish the report wich recommended RM some advices they don`t want to listen...

This topic has more info: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 24#p869924

Same thread you've quoted, Martin Walsh quotes that the mediation process hasn't quite come to an end yet (at the time of me posting this):

Martin Walsh wrote:In terms of the mediation report , the mediation process finishes on Friday 8th November.

Only the 7 recommendations from the mediators report will be shared. This is because the External Mediator has written the report and it is there call on what can be released.

In terms of the recommendations they are hardly ground breaking and Royal Mail have made it clear they will not be agreeing to the recommendations in any case.

From 38 to 35

07 Nov 2019, 20:42

Are you saying it is a possibility that Cwu will take RM to court after 8th of November?

From 38 to 35

08 Nov 2019, 16:18

Janet Brum wrote:Are you saying it is a possibility that Cwu will take RM to court after 8th of November?

No, I'm saying IF CWU had attempted to take RM to court for not agreeing to the Four Pillars Agreement
before the mediation process had finished, they would probably get an ear bashing from the judge.

From 38 to 35

08 Nov 2019, 20:04

Thank you, now I got it :)

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1