not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Vauxhall Combos

30 Oct 2019, 20:56

Does anybody know if and when Royal Mail are getting rid of the Combos. I'm a big fella, 6 foot and 17 stone + & it's an effort getting out of them 80+ times a day with their low seats.I'm starting to have knee problems which will only get worse whilst I'm using this van. I had a Transit Connect previously which was a million times better with it's high seats.

Vauxhall Combos

30 Oct 2019, 22:44

Jeppol wrote:Does anybody know if and when Royal Mail are getting rid of the Combos. I'm a big fella, 6 foot and 17 stone + & it's an effort getting out of them 80+ times a day with their low seats.I'm starting to have knee problems which will only get worse whilst I'm using this van. I had a Transit Connect previously which was a million times better with it's high seats.

I have exactly the same problems being tall , they are so low to get in and out of if you're on a rural getting in and out like you said, 80plus times. Have you got any Peugeot partners at your office, maybe you could swop if you ask and explain the knee pain you're getting. Itd be better for the manager than you going off with damaged knees.

Vauxhall Combos

31 Oct 2019, 10:09

I'm under 6ft love my combo,got good poke on it for getting out in traffic etc,It's done over 100k miles and best of all the 'trimble' box is broken (not that I speed or anything anyway)

Vauxhall Combos

31 Oct 2019, 10:21

Best guess is that the leases on them might be expiring and RM might have got a different model and/or make on lease at a cheaper rate

Vauxhall Combos

31 Oct 2019, 13:48

Be careful what you wish for, All ours have gone and replaced with Doblos which keep needing attention..

Vauxhall Combos

31 Oct 2019, 17:58

leolion855 wrote:Be careful what you wish for, All ours have gone and replaced with Doblos which keep needing attention..

This! We have a few Fiat Doblos and the DPF Regeneration light comes on frequently so you have to lift the bonnet and initiate the DPF process and wait for 10 mins while it clears. It always seems to happen on a busy day too :arrrghhh Don't have the same problem with the Peugeots or Vauxhalls.

Vauxhall Combos

31 Oct 2019, 18:59

itinerant wrote:
leolion855 wrote:Be careful what you wish for, All ours have gone and replaced with Doblos which keep needing attention..

This! We have a few Fiat Doblos and the DPF Regeneration light comes on frequently so you have to lift the bonnet and initiate the DPF process and wait for 10 mins while it clears. It always seems to happen on a busy day too :arrrghhh Don't have the same problem with the Peugeots or Vauxhalls.

I'd rather have to sit around getting paid while the Doblo needs PDF regenerating than literally climbing up and out of the combos
knackering myself up......

Vauxhall Combos

01 Nov 2019, 19:33

yellowbelly wrote:
itinerant wrote:

I'd rather have to sit around getting paid while the Doblo needs PDF regenerating than literally climbing up and out of the combos
knackering myself up......

The Doblos are terrible for getting in and out of as well.

Vauxhall Combos

01 Nov 2019, 20:33

Doblos have the turning circle of a Bus!!!

Vauxhall Combos

01 Nov 2019, 22:25

Are s**t

Vauxhall Combos

02 Nov 2019, 18:57

Jeppol wrote:Does anybody know if and when Royal Mail are getting rid of the Combos. I'm a big fella, 6 foot and 17 stone + & it's an effort getting out of them 80+ times a day with their low seats.I'm starting to have knee problems which will only get worse whilst I'm using this van. I had a Transit Connect previously which was a million times better with it's high seats.

I feel your pain Jeppol :sad: I'm only a short arse and they used to do my right knee and crutch in ... getting in and out 50 plus times a day. :Boo hoo! It's a H&S problem. We had one 6foot 5in guy who was Medically Retired because he'd screwed his back up, didn't bother RM they just someone else in but he's buggered for life. :no no

Another Tall guy has been given a transit Van because he was having the same problem. I'd get the Area H&S Rep on board and push for a different van. You only get one back ... and it's got to last you for life ... Sod what RM say. :cuppa

Vauxhall Combos

02 Nov 2019, 19:06

A manager told me about this time last year they would all be gone by April this year.

Vauxhall Combos

02 Nov 2019, 19:40

bo72 wrote:A manager told me about this time last year they would all be gone by April this year.

Ha Ha "They'll all be gone by Christmas" Yeah but Which Christmas? :cuppa

Vauxhall Combos

02 Nov 2019, 23:10

I have a expert if anyone wants to swap :chuckle :chuckle

Vauxhall Combos

03 Nov 2019, 03:25

I'm a short arse (5"8) and I love the combos. All in our fleet are years older than the Fiats, Vauxhalls or Peugeots and run far better. They shift too if you put your boot down.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2