not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Who else thinks this job is crap.?

26 Oct 2019, 19:45

Same old crap every day, same old snide remarks every day. And I’m 30 year man. Those days when management brought in job & finish, great for us, but little did we know that it was probably an exercise to see how many hours were wasted & that’s where we are now ? PDA actually confirming this . Been told we need 200 hours out of our office yet there are hundreds of houses being built, how can this work. I’m glad I’m nearer the end of my working life & not at the start.

26 Oct 2019, 20:42

I think the job is what you make it. PDA actuals can say what they like, I will still be working at the same speed, taking my breaks and finishing when my hours are up.

26 Oct 2019, 21:15

Postmangit wrote:Same old crap every day, same old snide remarks every day. And I’m 30 year man. Those days when management brought in job & finish, great for us, but little did we know that it was probably an exercise to see how many hours were wasted & that’s where we are now ? PDA actually confirming this . Been told we need 200 hours out of our office yet there are hundreds of houses being built, how can this work. I’m glad I’m nearer the end of my working life & not at the start.

The carrot and the stick no wonder managers call us all donkeys behind our backs and anyone who disagrees with me has had too much beta-Carotene!

26 Oct 2019, 21:25

Jpro747 wrote:I think the job is what you make it. PDA actuals can say what they like, I will still be working at the same speed, taking my breaks and finishing when my hours are up.

Trouble comes when others don't do as you correctly do and I applaud you for doing so. But others don't and make you look bad even though you work hard enough already. "Mans biggest enemy is himself" sorry for saying it but it is true!

27 Oct 2019, 02:11

I can safely say it's the worst job i've ever done! I absolutely hate it! I hate everything about it! I suffer from depression and am seriously thinking of packing it in!

I hate some of the shitty public i have to deal with! I hate the constant barking and yapping from dogs!

Now I am getting grief from a power crazy young under manager who I fear has got it in for me and is going to make my life hell!

As for taking a break! What's that all about?

I never have a break! If i did I would'nt finish on time!

27 Oct 2019, 03:43

p5aul789 wrote:As for taking a break! What's that all about?

That kinda makes you part of the problem. If you add together all the breaks not taken in a given DO, especially in a larger DO it could well add up to enough hours that an extra duty could have been added, had all the staff at the DO taken their break.

27 Oct 2019, 05:19

It's the disparity between the duties that annoys me the most about the job... it's no wonder the old timers can carry on doing this job well into their 60's, on rounds that haven't changed for decades, whilst posties who started 20 years after them are having to jack it in in their 40's because their ankles, knees, hips have turned to dust.

27 Oct 2019, 06:51

looks like i"m one of the few who still enjoy the job, i"ve been a postman for 39 years so have been through all the changes in delivery, i am a morning person, so i love getting up early and cycling to work with no traffic on the roads, just me the owls and the foxes. i"m lucky in that i get on well with all my workmates, theres a lot of banter, some good some bad, but its all give and take. i enjoy my round, although its the longest on foot in the office being just on 13 miles long, ( that includes all the stairs and long driveways according to the gps on my fitbit ), the people on my round are all pleased to see me, i always get a "good morning postman" or "good morning phil", the dogs run out out to see me, and my favourite dog rosie always makes me smile. i do take out a flask of tea and a snack and always have a 10 minute sit down just over half way round, although when i"m finished i am absolutely shattered and the cycle home is hard work, then its a cup of tea and fall asleep on the sofa.

27 Oct 2019, 07:59

p5aul789 wrote:I can safely say it's the worst job i've ever done! I absolutely hate it! I hate everything about it! I suffer from depression and am seriously thinking of packing it in!

I hate some of the shitty public i have to deal with! I hate the constant barking and yapping from dogs!

Now I am getting grief from a power crazy young under manager who I fear has got it in for me and is going to make my life hell!

As for taking a break! What's that all about?

Perhaps if the job is affecting your mental health that badly, see your GP to get signed off for a few weeks? That'll give you time to consider what you want to do job wise. No job is worth affecting your health over. Good luck.

27 Oct 2019, 08:15

Simple answer, Go and work somewhere else then! And near the end of your working life when your aged 30? youve got another 40 years to go mate..

27 Oct 2019, 08:48

leolion855 wrote:Simple answer, Go and work somewhere else then!

You've been brainwashed into repeating managers' attitudes.

And near the end of your working life when your aged 30? youve got another 40 years to go mate..

The OP is saying he has worked for RM for 30 years.

27 Oct 2019, 08:49

leolion855 wrote:Simple answer, Go and work somewhere else then! And near the end of your working life when your aged 30? youve got another 40 years to go mate..

He said he was a 30 year man , meaning he’s 30 years in the job.

27 Oct 2019, 09:15

If you don't like the job leave its that simple.

But you are like the rest on here and could not earn anywhere as much as you do with Royal Mail anywhere else.

27 Oct 2019, 09:42

leolion855 wrote:Simple answer, Go and work somewhere else then! And near the end of your working life when your aged 30? youve got another 40 years to go mate..

Obviously you need to re-read op's post. :oops:

27 Oct 2019, 10:07

The job is crap, its having managers give out stages for genuine illness that is the most unbelievable thing .The actual job is ok if you have a half decent round.The weather we have just had though does make you want to pack it in having said that .It's the managers who are paid to make life difficult and get people sacked, the job as changed since privatisation but even when I started it felt like they were trying to get rid of you straight away which I'd never experienced.in any other field of work .
Last edited by goldy on 27 Oct 2019, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5