ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sickness procedure

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pancake123
Posts: 34
Joined: 06 Nov 2018, 06:58
Gender: Female

Sickness procedure

Post by Pancake123 »

Good evening everyone
I wanna ask about sickness procedure,how does it work?
Do I call any of managers or is there a special sickness absence line in every office?Do I have to contact them daily? Is it true that managers can come to my house to check my state of health?Is this allowed ?
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Sickness procedure

Post by hothothot »

POP O is obviously a manager ignore his remarks. All you have to do is to phone in before your shift starts , just tell them your to sick to work. You don't have to phone in every day , just keep them informed about your sickness. They won't come to your house that's almost unheard of. Don't let them bully you , any problems call your union rep. If your not in the union now would be a good time to join.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Sickness procedure

Post by rogersh »

Pancake123 wrote:Good evening everyone
I wanna ask about sickness procedure,how does it work?
Do I call any of managers or is there a special sickness absence line in every office?Do I have to contact them daily? Is it true that managers can come to my house to check my state of health?Is this allowed ?
This link gives the procedure National Attendance Agreement between Royal Mail Group and CWU (note it also contains National Attendance Agreement between Royal Mail Group and Unite-CMA)

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=52975" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also; https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Att ... ummary.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by rogersh on 29 Dec 2019, 21:34, edited 2 times in total.
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Sickness procedure

Post by postslippete »

Pop0 wrote:
Pancake123 wrote:Good evening everyone
I wanna ask about sickness procedure,how does it work?
Do I call any of managers or is there a special sickness absence line in every office?Do I have to contact them daily? Is it true that managers can come to my house to check my state of health?Is this allowed ?
Employee absenteeism is a significant problem for most organizations. In 2017 the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) estimated that almost 3 percent of an employer's workforce was absent on any given day. The high price of absenteeism affects organizations even more when lost productivity, morale and temporary labor costs are considered.

Ever wondered if Rico Back ever pulled a sickie from time to time?? I can just imagine what his excuse would be...sorry I can't come into work tomorrow, the flight from Zurich has been delayed...
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Sickness procedure

Post by CPTNemoUK »

postslippete wrote:
Pop0 wrote:
Pancake123 wrote:Good evening everyone
I wanna ask about sickness procedure,how does it work?
Do I call any of managers or is there a special sickness absence line in every office?Do I have to contact them daily? Is it true that managers can come to my house to check my state of health?Is this allowed ?
Employee absenteeism is a significant problem for most organizations. In 2017 the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) estimated that almost 3 percent of an employer's workforce was absent on any given day. The high price of absenteeism affects organizations even more when lost productivity, morale and temporary labor costs are considered.

Ever wondered if Rico Back ever pulled a sickie from time to time?? I can just imagine what his excuse would be...sorry I can't come into work tomorrow, the flight from Zurich has been delayed...
How can he pull a Sickie? He don't even go to work :left:
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Sickness procedure

Post by joewyan »

Pop0 wrote:
Pancake123 wrote:Good evening everyone
I wanna ask about sickness procedure,how does it work?
Do I call any of managers or is there a special sickness absence line in every office?Do I have to contact them daily? Is it true that managers can come to my house to check my state of health?Is this allowed ?
Employee absenteeism is a significant problem for most organizations. In 2017 the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) estimated that almost 3 percent of an employer's workforce was absent on any given day. The high price of absenteeism affects organizations even more when lost productivity, morale and temporary labor costs are considered.
And how did that answer the OP’s post?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Sickness procedure

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

joewyan wrote:
Pop0 wrote:
Pancake123 wrote:Good evening everyone
I wanna ask about sickness procedure,how does it work?
Do I call any of managers or is there a special sickness absence line in every office?Do I have to contact them daily? Is it true that managers can come to my house to check my state of health?Is this allowed ?
Employee absenteeism is a significant problem for most organizations. In 2017 the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) estimated that almost 3 percent of an employer's workforce was absent on any given day. The high price of absenteeism affects organizations even more when lost productivity, morale and temporary labor costs are considered.
And how did that answer the OP’s post?

I suspect its a placeholder for a spammer so I have my eye on them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
rockmanrock
Posts: 69
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 19:05

Sickness procedure

Post by rockmanrock »

Pop0 wrote:
Pancake123 wrote:Good evening everyone
I wanna ask about sickness procedure,how does it work?
Do I call any of managers or is there a special sickness absence line in every office?Do I have to contact them daily? Is it true that managers can come to my house to check my state of health?Is this allowed ?
Employee absenteeism is a significant problem for most organizations. In 2017 the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) estimated that almost 3 percent of an employer's workforce was absent on any given day. The high price of absenteeism affects organizations even more when lost productivity, morale and temporary labor costs are considered.
What is your point here I ponder ? Quoting US figures means what ? Any consideration to the cause of sickness ? Bizarre post.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Sickness procedure

Post by POSTMAN »

It WAS a spammer, deleted.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.