not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

MRM.COM : New lightweight polo shirts available to order soon

22 Aug 2019, 15:18

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2019/08/top-form

Our new lighter-weight polo shirts will be available to order soon. The lighter fabric is being used in response to feedback from colleagues and items are due to be in stock from the middle of September.

The new polo shirts will be distributed in line with replenishment, although new lightweight maternity shirts will be available immediately.

They will be ordered via the online portal at detail.dimensions.co.uk/RoyalMail. National uniform and print manager Sam Dixon said: ‘Over the last 18 months I have visited a number of units to understand what colleagues think of the uniform range.

'The most commented-on garment was the weight of the polo shirt, therefore we trialled a new lighter weight fabric and the feedback from all volunteers was very positive.’

22 Aug 2019, 17:52

Just in time for the autumn :wink:

22 Aug 2019, 21:36

nightcrawler wrote:Just in time for the autumn :wink:

Indian summer.

22 Aug 2019, 21:48

Small beer. I prefer the cotton shirts. Reminds me of the adverts in the original Robocop movie.

23 Aug 2019, 07:17

Celgar wrote:Small beer. I prefer the cotton shirts. Reminds me of the adverts in the original Robocop movie.
it's just cost cutting

24 Aug 2019, 14:08

I still cannot fathom why we don’t get issued crew beck T-shirts? Simple loose plain cotton red shirt with logo on breast that’s comfy in the hot weather and cheaper for Royal Mail too!!

24 Aug 2019, 14:59

Supermac0151 wrote:I still cannot fathom why we don’t get issued crew beck T-shirts? Simple loose plain cotton red shirt with logo on breast that’s comfy in the hot weather and cheaper for Royal Mail too!!

Will be honest I just wore a plain cotton red t shirt today and it was miles better than the polo shirts. I didn't feel I was on the verge over heating.

24 Aug 2019, 16:16

It's good they're trying to reduce musculoskeletal injuries due to weight on delivery.
That heavy polo shirt has been really killing my back.

24 Aug 2019, 19:29

Woody Guthrie wrote:It's good they're trying to reduce musculoskeletal injuries due to weight on delivery.
That heavy polo shirt has been really killing my back.

Lightening the load and all that not that you can have a crap on delivery anyway as no public toilets but still rick expects his return on his investments and next we will have to balance the mail on our heads and walk at 25 MPH/40 Kph if RIco is looking!

25 Aug 2019, 14:19

You will still be told to add an extra layer on top with the Hi-Viz.
So why dont they make the polo shirts with integrated Hi-Viz in the first place similar to those worn by Dustmen. Aaaaaargghhh

25 Aug 2019, 15:36

"will be available"

I suppose that means we will be given them whether we want them or not.

I don't have a problem with the polo shirts. . other than they are too lightweight and flimsy and cling to my rolls of fat.

and come down to my knees . . .

Not all XXL wearers are 6'6"

26 Aug 2019, 09:30

Can't understand why Royal Mail doesn't issue lightweight T shirts for summer ware, comfortable to wear in hot weather and also cheap

28 May 2020, 23:04

Any updates? Maybe they'll be out this winter

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1